Which ring is better for Ret paladin?

Hi yes I am wondering which ring in term is better overall for a ret paladin the Titanium earthguard one - is appealing because of the socket and massive ammount of strength or the Titanium impact band. any reply would be greatful.

Yes I do know about the Naxx ring and Hemorging or however its spelled are really good just trying to get my rings set up until I manage to obtain these ><.

Re: Which ring is better for Ret paladin?

All the JC rings are horrible for ret, and should be skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    All the JC rings are horrible for ret, and should be skipped
    Actually, ring of scarlet shadows is nice for a starting set. However, the epic ones are all bad for dks. Just get decent rings out of heroics.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

kk thanks

Titanium Impact is a nice opener untill the Naxx rings. 7th in slot according to maxdps (haven't tested rawr since the armory seems to be offline).
    If you look at where the other rings drop, Impact seems fine to start with (in this order):
    Ruthlessness (Grand Widow Faerlina25, and others)
    Surge Needle Ring (Malygos10)
    Circle of Death (Sapphiron10)
    Ring of Invincibility (Valor x 25)
    Ring of the Kirin Tor (GOLD)
    Greatring of Collision (Satharion10+2)
    Impact <---

If you're not lucky to have a nice raiding guild, then I would suggest just going for impact. Earthguard is a tank ring, so avoid it.

Try to stay away from maxdps; I used to look at it but the stat values are not very accurate. It is a decent estimator though and eodem's list seems fairly correct from what I recall.

I agree it's just an estimate. But no gear check is the same. In the end you have to decide yourself wether it's an upgrade or not (depending on multiple factors).

But this ring list is what I use.

i use both circle of death sapph 10 man, and ruthlessness 25 man naxx.

yup circle of death and ruthlessness are best slots me think