Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disc Priest vs Resto Shaman- The better healer

I'm not sure where some of you are getting this issue with shams and mana. I don't even bother to spec into manatide with my PvP spec, saves me 6 points. ES is great for getting through a class blowing CDs on me, after that watershield and riptide is enough to keep me up. Matches don't last long enough to have serious mana issues.

However, I have seen shams that tend to not play as well and have mana issues. I was lucky enough to run into 2 different mirror teams (sham/DK) and we all had similar gear. I was able to outlast both the other shams by far. They tended to over use ES and totems and ignore watershield even though my DK has just used CDs and wasn't going to be able to burst as much.

Druids are a joke right now and I feel bad for them. I can run them oom with purge very quickly. Add on the amount of shifting they have to do against a DK and they stand no chance.

With the mana issue out of the way I'll go back to the OPs question. If I was to choose between what heals I wanted on my team it would end up being a toss up between a sham or priest. Priests have alot of great tools at their disposal and a good priest knows how to use them. Shams also SEEM to have a lot of tools, but most of them are just flashy gimmicks that are pretty useless in most situations. Don't get all giddy about totems, other then grounding totem the others are pretty useless. Take earthbind for instance. Enh can use it to slow people down so they can get in range, but they have to be in range for it to slow them down. Resto/ele can use it to get away from a person, but that person is already in range for it to slow them down. Since just about every class has a slow (and slows more then EB) there's really no point in relying on it. Like I said, all the other totems are fairly useless.

Re: Disc Priest vs Resto Shaman- The better healer

and the winner is Shaman.

I have been playing priest since vanilla. i tell you what! i wish that i rerolled it...

as a person who likes healing over everything, i'd say priest. i played both classes, and i found priest a more "classy" class to play as a pvp healer. you have more spells to use which will fit various situations;

prayer of mending, which will keep healing every damage-taker friends while you deal with other stuff or even are cc'd,
    power word: shield, best spell ever imo, (not gay as paladin bubble) perfectly combined with borrowed time,
    binding heal, a very unique spell wich makes the priest the best arena healer imo, especialy in 2v2s,
    penance, requires no words,
    mana burn, mass dispel for gayadins, dispel for your friends and your enemies, instant aoe fear, shadowfiend for rare oom situations and lots of other things that i can't remember now.

as a shaman, i found myself spamming chain heal and lesser healing wave and watching for the riptide cd. ofc shamans have lots of totems can fit the situations and wind shear, but again, my choice is absolutely disc priest. evern the word "discipline" worths playing it^^

Shaman wind shear and hex to me are the difference makers. Both are great healers, but its the extras that make the difference.

I'd go for a shaman hands down. Hell I'd trade my vicious priest for a naked shaman.... seriously! In 2s my priest may as well be a target dummy with out strong peels. Against any shaman time Its a pretty much guaranteed loss, unless the other shaman has downs then its a 30minute outplaying match till they slip up and do something stupid. Priest cc is pretty much trash against some classes. The only good things about a priest is if your gonna u can SW traps, blinds, sheeps ect.

Shaman get (op) earth shield, grounding/tremor totem, wolf form and wind shier.... oh and an AoE slow. Shaman play style is just more fun imo. Oh and i forgot to mention they heal prolly 3x as much as a priest. My priest Gheal does 38k crits. Shaman GHW does 50k non crit. I've also never oom'ed a shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Shaman is the best but mainly because it's my main...
    BUT
    I don't think it matters much now since this post was made on 2009-02-03 08:54 AM

Theres alot of missinformation about rshaman here in this thread.

First off, its called "windshear" a 6 sec cd ranged interrupt = awesome. While shaman are not really offensive in the fact that we do alot of damage, but in the fact that we have alot of support spells. 2 snares in earthbind totem + frost shock. Purge can be mana intensive if mindlessly spammed, but works great for getting kills. Hex is kind of on a long cd, but is awesome if you are going for a kill. Grounding totem combined with windshear gives ou the ability to shut down alot of casts. Ghostwolf gives us great mobility. IMO rshaman have the best utility of all healers. Melee cleaves are alot harder for rshaman then caster cleaves tho. Spirit link totem helps against the cataclysm melee blitz. I don't know how long rshaman will be this good. Blizz has a soft spot for disc and always seems to make sure they are well off so.........

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Theres alot of missinformation about rshaman here in this thread.

First off, its called "windshear" a 6 sec cd ranged interrupt = awesome. While shaman are not really offensive in the fact that we do alot of damage, but in the fact that we have alot of support spells. 2 snares in earthbind totem + frost shock. Purge can be mana intensive if mindlessly spammed, but works great for getting kills. Hex is kind of on a long cd, but is awesome if you are going for a kill. Grounding totem combined with windshear gives ou the ability to shut down alot of casts. Ghostwolf gives us great mobility. IMO rshaman have the best utility of all healers. Melee cleaves are alot harder for rshaman then caster cleaves tho. Spirit link totem helps against the cataclysm melee blitz. I don't know how long rshaman will be this good. Blizz has a soft spot for disc and always seems to make sure they are well off so.........
    They are nerfing spirit link so its unusable in arena. Which is nice. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssraid View Post
    They are nerfing spirit link so its unusable in arena. Which is nice. lol
    this was a bug - it's still usable.

I was about to quote half of the people and correct them... then I realized the dates on the post. How was this dug up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    I was about to quote half of the people and correct them... then I realized the dates on the post. How was this dug up?
    I actually paged through every thread on this forum yesterday starting from the first in 2006 or something.

Dunno. Locked for necro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE