Balance leveling spec.

i am now in level 76 and i really think my balance leveling spec suck can anybody plz help me?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Balance leveling spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xRbuicosdhAuohZbxcub

I think this should be a pretty well rounded spec for leveling.

The best help for a balance leveling spec is to not use it.

Feral is faster, better for soloing elites, has less downtime (NO downtime vs. quite a bit for moonkin if you're really pushing the damage), and provides the utility of being able to tank 5 mans on the way up.

Take it from a raiding moonkin. Level as feral, get in instances to get basic moonkin gear. Get gear from quests.

Respec once you hit 80.

I respectfully disagree. All I ever hear is how much easier feral leveling is. First off, I rolled a druid because I want to play balance. Not so I could level as something I don't want to do and then get to enjoy my spec later on. Plus, the difference in speed really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Hell, with a little bit of twinking my 43 druid is critting for over 1400 on Starfire, which leads to a 2 shot of mobs. Without a crit, I can still Starfire + Moonfire + Insect Swarm and change targets. Those three will take care of just about anything. So I can run through and kill 5 mobs in about 30 seconds. It's fun, easy and just what I wanted out of my druid. Plus, when push comes to shove I can heal quite well.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xRbuiIocdhAuRuZbxcz

This would be more solid imo, no need for intesity or 16 in resto. Just stack your balance tree with all the aoe abilitys you got, leash mobs with starfall while healing yourself then hurcaine em down. If stafall is on cooldow, use typhoon and mf to round up mobs and if you get a clearcasting proc cast hurcaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakaa
    NO downtime vs. quite a bit for moonkin if you're really pushing the damage
    I disagree with this. Once you get OOC, Intensity and Moonglow I found that more than enough to avoid downtime while levelling balance. The only way you'd get downtime is if you decided to AoE grind, which can get boring and I don't think has a huge advantage in levelling speed over questing anyway.

To the OP, the spec Gandelsman provided is what I'd go with. Personally I didn't bother with Eclipse, but that was just more of a personal preference thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I leveled as balance and had absolutely no problems, although I had the benefit of raid gear carrying me quite some time.

Feral IS easier for a number of reasons (faster too, thanks to Feral Swiftness working indoors) but balance is definitely viable aswell.

Leveled to 67 as feral in BC, taught that was fast. In WotLK i leveled as Balance. Was faster by far. The ammount of shit you can pull trough is just insane. Pre hot with regrowth and reju and your good to go. Single target, AoE pulls... doesnt matter. It all comes down to clever use of innervate. Given, i was in really nice gear at that time.

As a side note, we actyally leveled with good friend of mine in Wrath, for the first 5lvl or so. He plays feral and has gear way better than mine. He could only keep up if i supported him with hots. The thing is, before the pre wotlk patch druids had semi deasent heals with proper healing weapon. In that same patch Ferals lost it while balance got eaven better +bonus heal. Annyways, in the end the difference is such that i believe the spec you are more confortabel with is the one to work better for you. In a nut shell, id say that Feral is faster if you can keep on killing just one or two targets at a time.

Of the spec it self:
    I like Feravains aproach to the spec thou id take 3 points out of Eclipse and put it to brambles. The thing is, you taking down mobs will take about 2-4 spells, so most of the time your running around with proced eclipse looking for fresh targets...and end up killing the next with Eclipse on CD. Where as most of the mobs will hit you at one point or another, your trees WILL be needed as often as bossible, and if your anything like i am, you DoT+ root one and nuke the 2. target where you cant pull larger packs. Also, Glyph of focus is must for your Starfall. The 2nd would be glyph of IS for me.

regrowth+reju, tap as many as you can with IF (about 4-6 should be fine), when you have the first few on your skinn, starfall. Let them hit you few times to hopefylly proc Frenzy and hurrican till all are down. Loot, run to next pac and repeat. Innervate early, basicly you want to have mana pool up and Innervate cd ticking.

Good luck and have fun.

Khad

editet quite a bit, seems to be that i cant type OR build understandable sentences without a cup of coffee
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.