Thread: bug with Sapph?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

bug with Sapph?

Anyone notice his aura on 10 man is ticking twice as fast and stacking?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: bug with Sapph?

8m achievement done yesterday. no problems at all.

15+ Year Old Account

We tried him for the 1st time last night, & it was ticking for 1.2k damage every sec on ours, but I don't know if that's the regular amount or not.

If you get stacking damage, you should kick your mages ass.
    Sapphiron casts a course on random players. Not decursed, it makes huge damage and possibly it will stack (didn't knew that, because our Mages and Droods are able to decurse).

Otherwise, look into the air.
    May be a blizzard, your'e standing in. ;D

Yeah if u go to the Blizz raid forums u see a few post about this and they are all getting locked or deleted. When i did naxx for the first times in pugs cause my guild wasn't up to it yet, Sapph was pretty straight forward and although i didn't look at the damage taken per tick, it was definately lesser damage over the course of the fight.

Supposedly now they have made the fight more according to what the fight tip says and the tick is now 1 per second instead of 1 per 2 seconds, and the damage is increased.

The fight is that the damage is now NOT being mitigated by frost resist gear like it should. My guild did sapph earlier in the week on my main and it was almost impossible and the raid was just taking way to mcuh damage from the aura for the priest, pally, and shaman healer, all decent healers to heal through. i was getting ticked for 1.2k a second on cloth with Pally frost aura and shaman frostresist totems down.

Then later in the week i ran with an alt and i was able to down saph in 1 shot, aura didn't tick as fast and didn't hit remotely as hard, and the group make up wasn't, imo, as strong as my mains group was, and didn't have as much resist aura do to no shaman.

Resists of the same type do not stack, IE no frost resist totem and frost pally aura will stack.

Guild did Sapphiron for the first time last night... Noticed insane damage incoming. 1.5-2k ticks every second, on 10Man. Took us 11 attempts to down it!

what? people uses Frost ress in sappiron? ??? our guild did First kile one shot him without any Frost ress gear.. And that whas 02.12.08 so not the best geared people... but its still easy like hell..

According to a blue post, sapphiron frost aura damage was deemed to be too low, so it was fixed to match what the tooltip said.

8m achievement done yesterday. no problems at all.
    Actually the funny thing is that this is a type of fight that gets easier the less people you have. With 10 people and no FR mitigation at all your raid is taking 12000 dps from sapph's frost aura. If you've got no FR you are in for fun times now. And that's just his aura. As long as your dps can beat the enrage timer, having less people makes it a lot more healable.

FR just became very desirable for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuolonritari
    what? people uses Frost ress in sappiron? ??? our guild did First kile one shot him without any Frost ress gear.. And that whas 02.12.08 so not the best geared people... but its still easy like hell..
    L2Read. The fight changed this week from the last patch.

well, our group was taking a tick twice a second. So about 2.4k damage a second. wiped us in about 20-30 seconds, and our healers ended up with corporal tunnel syndrome. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mickj
    L2Read. The fight changed this week from the last patch.
    Shame it doesn't say that anywhere in the patch notes..

Give me proof.

Deleted

Reminds me our attempts on Karathress..when we engaged him, he instantly was popping up Enrage

we needed 8 attempts to end this thing =))

Went ok sunday..with 2 new healers, third was pretty good though...that are undergeared a bit than the rest raid, took 2 attempts.

Decurse in time, Run from blizzard, it is the keys for 10 man kill..

Deleted

Our guild also noticed this. Me, another pala and a priest couldnt hold the raid up for enough time to take him down. But 4 weeks ago I took this boss with another pala healer and a resto shammy. Our gear wasn't good at all at that point, but it was alot easier then.

Think they have buffed him, but dunno.

i understood that a while back sometimes the aura bugged giving 1200 every 2 seconds instead of 1

at least sometimes i notice that the ammount of dmg flying around is lower, but that might just be that no retards are standing in the blizzards

ye i noticed this on monday when we tried to 8 man sapph; we normally only need a few tries to kill him on 10 / 25 with no frost gear.. then on 8 man all of a sudden our 2 healers were oom by the first air phase.

Many people have posted complaints about this. One of the largest threads can be found here

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...97621780&sid=1

Also it seems that the issue has been stickied in the bug report forums here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...90368888&sid=1
    The Blizz rep in that topic seems a bit weird, refusing any proofs people have on 3rd-party websites, like WWS, despite the fact that they do provide a lot of numbers to dig in and help find this problem.

Anyway this problem is definatly read and I suggest that people take a good look at these threads before denying the problem too quickly. Any of the blue posters in here have any insights to this problem?

it seems a reasonable change to me. When we first killed sapphiron we 2 or 3 shot it, and it struck me as unusual that one of the endbosses should be such a walkover, and frost resist gear should be so unnecessary.

The explanation that the aura was only ticking half as often as was intended seems reasonable to me.

I fail to see what is reasonable with having top high end guilds suddenly getting their ass kicked and unable to get the boss below 50% health. I don't mind tough fights, I don't mind wiping for a worthy fight, but a boss that my guild has mastered sucessfully shouldn't be suddenly hitting a brick wall like this. Like Blizz often mentionned, naxx is supposed to be rather easy, and the amount of damage we now receive in this fight is far from easy. People shouldn't have to bring 4 healers into a 10-man raid, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger-Lord
    I fail to see what is reasonable with having top high end guilds suddenly getting their ass kicked and unable to get the boss below 50% health. I don't mind tough fights, I don't mind wiping for a worthy fight, but a boss that my guild has mastered sucessfully shouldn't be suddenly hitting a brick wall like this. Like Blizz often mentionned, naxx is supposed to be rather easy, and the amount of damage we now receive in this fight is far from easy. People shouldn't have to bring 4 healers into a 10-man raid, period.
    One more thing that doesn't make sense is upping the AOE damage on a fight at the same time as reducing the AOE healing on most healer classes...