Thread: Feral Help

Feral Help

So I currently play a resto druid and always have. I was feral at one point to level but have never played feral in end-game. I want to get a feral set together since there always seems to be a shortage of tanks on my server for heroics and stuff. Im looking for some help as to what I should be looking for stat wise on gear and what gems I should get for the sockets.

Thanks for the help in advance

Re: Feral Help

Even though its not the best site in the world go to maxdps.com and just keep in mind strength is our most important factor, he uses agility to much in gemming.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouseeme
    Even though its not the best site in the world go to maxdps.com and just keep in mind strength is our most important factor, he uses agility to much in gemming.
    He says there's a shortage of tanks, which probably means he wants to tank.

If you're gemming strength as a bear druid it needs to stop now.

Don't listen to this tard... Str is for cat, agi is for bear.

Get leather that is itemized towards agi, stam, and expertise(some hit is good too). Gem it with agi and stam at the entry level. Get yourself a tanking neck, cloak, weapon, rings, and trinkets. If you have the lvl 70 badges get an Idol of Terror. Enchant your gear with agi/stam depending on the slot. Defense is not a wasted stat but it is not your best stat until later gear levels. Your tanking "accessory" slots will likely have defense on them.

Use the stam/2% armor meta gem. Get revered with Argent Crusade for the head enchant and Sons for the shoulder enchant. 35 agi or mongoose on the weapon. A tanking staff with +armor and such is good. There is one in heroic UK or revered I think with Kirin'Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin602
    So I currently play a resto druid and always have. I was feral at one point to level but have never played feral in end-game. I want to get a feral set together since there always seems to be a shortage of tanks on my server for heroics and stuff. Im looking for some help as to what I should be looking for stat wise on gear and what gems I should get for the sockets.

Gear-wise theres really only one choice as a leather wearer so really just go for upgrades to what you got now. Gems i won't say for fear of being flamed and called stupid etc. etc. but I mostly just talk to people on my server about that sort of thing. Or just armory one of the better tanking druids on you're server and shoot in that direction.
    Always check links before clicking

Quote Originally Posted by maygor
    Don't listen to this tard... Str is for cat, agi is for bear.

Get leather that is itemized towards agi, stam, and expertise(some hit is good too). Gem it with agi and stam at the entry level. Get yourself a tanking neck, cloak, weapon, rings, and trinkets. If you have the lvl 70 badges get an Idol of Terror. Enchant your gear with agi/stam depending on the slot. Defense is not a wasted stat but it is not your best stat until later gear levels. Your tanking "accessory" slots will likely have defense on them.

Use the stam/2% armor meta gem. Get revered with Argent Crusade for the head enchant and Sons for the shoulder enchant. 35 agi or mongoose on the weapon. A tanking staff with +armor and such is good. There is one in heroic UK or revered I think with Kirin'Tor.
    maygor?,.. mommy issues?, your adolecent hormones kicking in? why does it seems all you ever do is flame and call people names when you post?...go pop a pimple or something.

To OP sorry I missed the tank comment that invoked the wrath of maygor, yes agi is a very important stat but don't overlook strength for tps, a combination of stats is almost always preferred over just one. Agi comes by the buckets so having lots wont be an issue.

Oh and maygor you pissant, agi is a cat's number 1 stat after around 10k ap so go fkurhat...

yes agi is a very important stat but don't overlook strength for tps
    cuz tps is hard amirite? agi adds to your tps and survivability, so why would you itemize for a stat only affecting one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by arcain87
    cuz tps is hard amirite? agi adds to your tps and survivability, so why would you itemize for a stat only affecting one of those?
    I never stated to specifically itemize it, I stated not to overlook it's use to us.

tps isn't hard atm but wait for Uldar and see then..

Seriously...

www.codeplex.com/Rawr/

That should show you what's an upgrade, where to get it from and which gems will benefit you the most. The people who've said Dodge, Agility, Expertise, Hit and Stam are quite correct. The caps for any of those are well beyond the reach of Heroics, so no real worry about gearing up, just get as much of those as you can. Don't worry about armor, any gear with those stats on them will give you plenty.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t36963-f...aid_tank_gear/ may also help you out. Read the whole thread though as there are some important updates since 3.0.8 came out.

maygor?,.. mommy issues?, your adolecent hormones kicking in? why does it seems all you ever do is flame and call people names when you post?...go pop a pimple or something.

To OP sorry I missed the tank comment that invoked the wrath of maygor, yes agi is a very important stat but don't overlook strength for tps, a combination of stats is almost always preferred over just one. Agi comes by the buckets so having lots wont be an issue.

Oh and maygor you pissant, agi is a cat's number 1 stat after around 10k ap so go fkurhat...
    If you look at my post history you will see that this is the first and ONLY time I have lashed out at someone... The reason is that it was the worst possible advice to give to someone building a feral set.

That said I would assume this person just starting to build a set will be getting stuff from heroics, badges, ect not from 25 man content. As such my comment about stacking agi stands. If you pick the right gear you will have sufficient stam without doing more than popping in a few shifting gems and the odd solid to get a worthwhile socket bonus. Getting to 50% dodge pre-25 man by stacking agi is not exactly easy to do. After that point defense becomes a better stat. Stacking stam will not get you anywhere other than dead with an OOM healer. The stam comes on it's own without gemming more than a few straight stam gems here and there.

Agi gives you dodge, crit, and armor. Your tanking weapon gives you the TPS since that is where half of your AP comes from. A bear that sockets even a single str gem has no place ever being accepted as a tank at the current gear level.

Expertise good. Agility good. Stamina good. Armour good

Simple standard stuff.

15+ Year Old Account

If your crit is roughly around 50% (which it should be) str is the best thing until you're over 10k unbuffed AP, meaning no savage roar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    If your crit is roughly around 50% (which it should be) str is the best thing until you're over 10k unbuffed AP, meaning no savage roar.

For Christ's sake people... from the OP "I want to get a feral set together since there always seems to be a shortage of tanks on my server for heroics and stuff."

To me this has NOTHING TO DO WITH CAT FORM AT ALL!

This is purely a bear discussion. So all you rogue wannabes head off to the pussy threads.

15+ Year Old Account

Dude, you're a spaz.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    Dude, you're a spaz.
    How do you figure? You have someone that has never really been feral here looking for real advice. Instead people are spouting off about cat stats. So far there has been an over whelming amount of people that are giving cat advice. These posts do nothing to help.

Imagine you are asking for advice on how to mix the gas for a lawnmower and someone said diet pepsi cause it tastes better. I know that would annoy me.

Coke Zero imo

But really, there is a lot of info about bear tanking out there.
    We need Agil*
    We need Stam*
    We need Armor
    We dont need str ( but if you find a nice item (say ring etc) which has some other awesome stats dont pass it over just cause it has str. it will help with TPS, but really thats not an issue unless you are tanking with people much higher geared than you)

*ppl love to debate about which is the more important, but i think once you get to about 50% dodge stacking agil is a waste.

If you gear with that in mind, you have a good basis for gearing up.

The rest you will learn as you go along. Regardless what people tell you, doing it yourself is the best way to learn.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by maygor
    How do you figure? You have someone that has never really been feral here looking for real advice. Instead people are spouting off about cat stats. So far there has been an over whelming amount of people that are giving cat advice. These posts do nothing to help.

Imagine you are asking for advice on how to mix the gas for a lawnmower and someone said diet pepsi cause it tastes better. I know that would annoy me.
    I was only trying to correct the random unrelated misinformation given by someone else. I agree it should stay on topic and we're both going far from it now.

The Dodge level to stop stacking Agility is about 45%, the 50% people quote is total mitigation including miss chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    The Dodge level to stop stacking Agility is about 45%, the 50% people quote is total mitigation including miss chance.
    -no, its 50% dodge AFTER diminishing returns
    -so if you got all the dodge tank talents, and the rest of your dodge came from agility, it would take ~2100agility
    -at that point defense becomes better then dodge and agility
    -never use dodge gems as someone said earlier, agility always gives more mitigation then dodge

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin602

Trying to stay ontopic: feral gear is essentially a variation of rogue gear.

Now, when it comes to tanking, what will you look for? The primary answer is: stamina and agility. Take as a general idea: if an item has more agility than stamina, it's 99% a dps item. If stamina is (as usual) the highest stat, you can consider it a possible tank item.

What will you be looking for, on those "Equip:" stats as a tank? Here they are: expertise is king, hit is good, crit is decent, armor penetration is very poor, haste is very poor if not dangerous. AP will be there anyway :P
    Consider that expertise, as long as being a threat stat, is a mititgation stat aswell. The less you get parried, the less damage you'll take from speeded counters.

On the jewerly side, you will be looking for "standard" tank items. The typical one has strength, high stamina, defense and some other stat. Avoid the jewelry with parry, block or block value, the rest is good. Expertise/hit/dodge are very welcome there, but defense is nice too, so don't just overlook a "defese only" ring or neck.

On gemming, you'll be using a mixture of agility and stamina gems. It all comes down on what you need. If you have a poor dodge, go for agility gems. If you have a poor health pool, go for stamina gems. Ignore socket bonuses unless they're on the order or 9sta, but keep an eye on your meta gem requirements (which would be the stamina+armor one).
    Aim for something like 24k hp and 33% dodge (bearform, unbuffed), and you're ready and fine for heroics. From there on, gear will improve by itself. Good choices if you're starting a feral set are the Trollwoven crafted items and the Polar items.
    Check the RAWR link you've been provided already for software assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.