Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Feral dps hit rating

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    So then why did I miss on 3.6% of my shreds, 2.4% of my rakes, and 0.9% of my mangles on my last Naxx 25 run? I have 266 hit unbuffed. I only missed on 1.6% of my white swings. How did I miss a whole 2% more on my shreds than white swings?
    because he's wrong.

You could not be more wrong captain I don't know what the hell I am talking about. Hit and expertise are WAY BEHIND str and agi in value for a feral. If you dont have a war stacking sunder hit falls behind even armor pen!!!
    I'm sorry but that's just wrong, show me a wws of a druid with no hit rating coming even close to 5k dps. There aren't any. Toskk's calc is probly just giving you the values of each stat compared to the itemvalue of putting those stats on an item, or else it's dps calc is flawed and doesn't account for the practical benefits of high, reliable CP generation. Maybe it's using the 2sr/5rip cycle or summat - i don't know.

But, try it out for yourself. Get 8% hit, 6.5% exp, stack str in all sockets and let rip the pwnage.

He is wrong but that's not why you have so many misses, it's probably dodges and parries too if you were ever in front of the boss or mob. it says miss on wws but if you pull it out you can see exactly what it was. Hitcap is 8% and this cannot be particuarly challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranshalur
    because he's wrong.

I'm sorry but that's just wrong, show me a wws of a druid with no hit rating coming even close to 5k dps. There aren't any. Toskk's calc is probly just giving you the values of each stat compared to the itemvalue of putting those stats on an item, or else it's dps calc is flawed and doesn't account for the practical benefits of high, reliable CP generation. Maybe it's using the 2sr/5rip cycle or summat - i don't know.

But, try it out for yourself. Get 8% hit, 6.5% exp, stack str in all sockets and let rip the pwnage.
    Toskk's calc gives values relative to everything else (hence keying in your AP/Crit/Hit/Exp etc), since the value of each stat is entirely dependant on how much of everything else you have.

You're completely right though, aren't gonna find WWS reports of high dps ferals with low hit on non gimmick fights, because it just doesn't happen.

Bottomline, 8% hit isn't hard to achieve, and will produce contsant reliable dps, with the only failings being fuck ups in keeping debuffs up.

only real time I worry about hit is in arena for maim... other than that my dps is damn good with 180, actually dropping crit for armor pen is pretty nice too