Should the Destro tree recieve the Scorch debuff?

The latest blues state that they think Scorch (10% crit debuff) needs to be spread around, that mages shouldn't be the only ones to bring that utility to a raid.

Looking at Warlocks, Affliction and Demonology can now bring a utility debuff or buff shared by other classes, Destruction currently brings nothing however. This would be a very welcomed addition to warlocks.

Does anyone else suspect the Destruction tree will be the new home for the 10% crit buff? How could they best impliment this?

Could be part of a Fire and Brimstone revamp?

Re: Should the Destro tree recieve the Scorch debuff?

Although it would be a great addition it'd just be one more spell for a class already forced to juggle multiple timers. Granted this would be beneficial in situations like 5 mans (possibly 10 depending on your config) where you don't necessarily have a mage, but in a 25 man situation you can almost be certain you'll have at least one FFB or Fire/Arc mage. I would rather see a rework of F&B or something involving improving Soul Fire to be honest.

I would assume they would add the effect onto a spell we already cast regularly via a talent, like immolate or possibly having soulfire apply it for a set duration. This would prevent us from needing to juggle some new spell to a degree.
    While it is almost a given you will have a mage in raid capable of applying the debuff, Blizz is looking to give raids as many opportunities to bring players over class/specs for certain buffs. I know my guilds FFB mage would be happy if he didn't have to keep up scorch.
    Yes I would like to see a better revamp of F&B than tacking this on, I was just curious to see if anyone else thought this was a likely or beneficial scenario.

Re: Should the Destro tree recieve the Scorch debuff? ISL now Replenishment?

Low and behold, the 10% crit buff will come from ISB according to the new info.
    Not to shabby, nor gamebreaking really.

Is anyone else concerned that making Imp Soul Leach the same as replenishment will be a huge nerf to us? On fights where I lifetap 1-2 times I gain twice as much mana via ISL than I do from the taps, and 3-4 times as much as I get from replenishment. All I can see this doing is increasing my need to tap 3-4 MORE times per fight. The mana throughput on Destro is just insane due to all the haste. The only solution I can see is to use Soulfire more often to help balance the mana consumption.

This basically comes down to the same issues CoE and CoW is having in the affliction tree; there are simply better alternatives.

It'd be the same as the Felhunter, Fel Intelligence is fantastic for 5 mans without a Priest/Mage but thats it. I always use the Imp in raids and even then our MT's Commanding Shout overwrites Bloodpact.

Warlocks need at least one our benefits to be "the best" in 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    This basically comes down to the same issues CoE and CoW is having in the affliction tree; there are simply better alternatives.

It'd be the same as the Felhunter, Fel Intelligence is fantastic for 5 mans without a Priest/Mage but thats it. I always use the Imp in raids and even then our MT's Commanding Shout overwrites Bloodpact.

Warlocks need at least one our benefits to be "the best" in 25 mans.
    Everything indicates that the SB debuff will be exactly the same as the Mage one. Why would you run with an imp over a puppy regardless of the buff? The puppy does more dmg and the it gives your priests the freedom to do more healing as well.

I don't like the raid wide buffs, i don't like to have my upper right half of my screen filled with 25+ buffs, i have a rather big screen but i feel sorry for the warlock with a 800x600 resolution screen

Re: Should the Destro tree recieve the Scorch debuff? ISL now Replenishment?

Quote Originally Posted by rodobson
    Low and behold, the 10% crit buff will come from ISB according to the new info.
    Not to shabby, nor gamebreaking really.

Is anyone else concerned that making Imp Soul Leach the same as replenishment will be a huge nerf to us? On fights where I lifetap 1-2 times I gain twice as much mana via ISL than I do from the taps, and 3-4 times as much as I get from replenishment. All I can see this doing is increasing my need to tap 3-4 MORE times per fight. The mana throughput on Destro is just insane due to all the haste. The only solution I can see is to use Soulfire more often to help balance the mana consumption.
    I imagined that ISL will work much like Ret pally Replenishment though in that the caster gains the x% max mana on proc in addition to proccing Replenishment for his/herself and the raid.

Arces, I hope you are right. It would then be a psoitive change. Apparently frost mages are also getting replenishment, all in an effort to ensure every raid has it, as Blizz now says they design with it in mind and treat it as mandatory.

On the felhunter topic, I believe the buff from the fel hunter will be tuned to match arcane intellect and spirit. They are making a pass for 3.1 to make all buffs equitable so that you bring the player and not the class.
    This would also lead to changing Demonic Pact to be a straight buff not a scaling percentage of spell power so as not to outpace ele shamans.

The changes to the buff system have been fantastic, and if you dont want to see the buff art I recommend getting PuntFu, its a FuBar plugin that lets you create a list of buffs. It displays as X/X on the bar, so you know immediately if you are missing something, and when you hover over it the list drops down and tells you which one you need. Anyone that hates screen clutter will love this addon.