Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Pally Question - Spellpower

Ok, So..how much spellpower should I have before I go to Nax? Right now at 78..i have...

1217 spellpower/healing
    19.68% crit
    151 mp5 (edit from unbuffed - without wisdom)

Anything will help!

amory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ath&n=Alathali

Maybe some gear suggestions..things I should get ASAP at 80

Re: Holy Pally Question - Spellpower

Well I think 1.3k-1.6k should be nice to start.

I'd say a minimum of 1700.

You can easily get to 1800 spellpower with a combination of Heroic dungeon blues/epics and crafted/purchased epics for a very small outlay of cash and a little time investment.

If you can't be bothered, well, I'd say you are lazy and content to have your guild or other people carry you through Naxx cause you won't be pulling your weight.

-Warghul

Quote Originally Posted by Alathali
    Ok, So..how much spellpower should I have before I go to Nax? Right now at 78..i have...

1141 spellpower/healing
    20% crit
    290mp5

Anything will help!
    I had 1600 when I got picked up for a pug naxx, and honestly I was carried a little bit (not the whole way, but I could tell I was below the other heals). 1700 should be fine, and that'll ramp up very quickly once you get drops in there. Don't worry about your mp5, thats what divine plea and crit is for, about 30% unbuffed crit is good

Okay guys so I have a question. I have a Warlock and for PvP (I know a horrible combo: Warlock and PvP in the same sentence) I stack Stamina, Spell Power and Resilience. I thought this is what was necessary for all PvP casters and healers. However my buddy who just turned 80 and is a Holy Paladin (yay maybe I'll get a good rating now lol) says he thinks he needs to stack Int for PvP just like PvE.

Is this right? I guess maybe the mechanics of Paladin healing are different from my Resto Druid (who is also PvP) since a Paladin can take a beating and has a lot of spell pushback, silence and stun reduction talents. But I always thought PvP and caster/healer meant you wanted spell power.

Any help here would be appreciated. I really didn't think that Paladins were much different in respect to how to stack gear for healing. Priests, Shamans and Druids all need spell power so why not this class? Thanks all! =D

Quote Originally Posted by warghul
    I'd say a minimum of 1700.

You can easily get to 1800 spellpower with a combination of Heroic dungeon blues/epics and crafted/purchased epics for a very small outlay of cash and a little time investment.

If you can't be bothered, well, I'd say you are lazy and content to have your guild or other people carry you through Naxx cause you won't be pulling your weight.

-Warghul
    Hah! I'd never want to be carried ..although it is enjoyable in real life as a girl..but..
    Thanks for the advice :] ..you think 1200 is okay for hero's? Or..should I get a bit more before I start doing those..not sure how much I'll have by the time i hit 80 i'm guessing if I buy some crafted items and get the healing mace that BS makes I'll be okay. What do you think?

For a pally your stats dont matter as much as your understanding of the class and the fights for going into Naxx.
    If most of your gears are heroic/rep stuff thats good for you (plz dont stack stuff with spirit just because its purple) you should be holding your ground.

You already have WAY too much mp5 if thats unbuffed.
    1600spell
    25% crit
    200mp5
    this is more then enough to start Naxx, especially naxx25, without hunting 200 badges and very specific drops on 1 boss in one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    For a pally your stats dont matter as much as your understanding of the class and the fights for going into Naxx.
    If most of your gears are heroic/rep stuff thats good for you (plz dont stack stuff with spirit just because its purple) you should be holding your ground.

You already have WAY too much mp5 if thats unbuffed.
    1600spell
    25% crit
    200mp5
    this is more then enough to start Naxx, especially naxx25, without hunting 200 badges and very specific drops on 1 boss in one instance.
    Awesome :]. I do know most of the Naxx fights. I've tanked MT and OT most of the instance. Only have not done 3 bosses. :] I'm a good listener and get things down fast..so i'm sure it will be all good. Thanks for the advice! And 290 is with self buffed wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Okay guys so I have a question. I have a Warlock and for PvP (I know a horrible combo: Warlock and PvP in the same sentence) I stack Stamina, Spell Power and Resilience. I thought this is what was necessary for all PvP casters and healers. However my buddy who just turned 80 and is a Holy Paladin (yay maybe I'll get a good rating now lol) says he thinks he needs to stack Int for PvP just like PvE.

Is this right? I guess maybe the mechanics of Paladin healing are different from my Resto Druid (who is also PvP) since a Paladin can take a beating and has a lot of spell pushback, silence and stun reduction talents. But I always thought PvP and caster/healer meant you wanted spell power.

Any help here would be appreciated. I really didn't think that Paladins were much different in respect to how to stack gear for healing. Priests, Shamans and Druids all need spell power so why not this class? Thanks all! =D
    Int gives spell power, and mana burn is a bitch if you play against priests. I don't pvp on my healadin so I don't know what to stack, but int doesn't seem like a bad choice

Your intellect is of more interest. Once you hit ~1600SP and around 25% crit, you have enough to go into 10-man naxx. But if you have 16 - 17K mana with that, I would say its a bit on the low side.

Some fights stress your mana levels. Of particular interest is Patcherwork and Sapphiron. The rule is to always gem/enchant for intellect whenever you can. Of course, sacrificing a lot of spell power for that is not advisable.

Yeah..i'm kind of worried about my int. D: ... atm at lvl 78 it's 14k :\
    ...I noticed plate heal gear doesn't give as much int. as other things..well around 78 anyway..:[

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001

Pallies overheal like wo. When 50-70% of your healing is overheal, then your SP becomes a good deal less important. The most important attribute of a Pally is longevity. Our heals are already huge, so rather than working on making them bigger, it's best for us to work on making them last longer.

This is why Int is our most important stat. Divine Plea regenerates a percentage of your total mana. The more mana you have, the more you'll regenerate. A nice side effect of Int is that it also passively grants a small amount of SP and Crit.

As an aside, this is why mp5 is such a terrible stat for us at the moment. It's not that mp5 is bad. It's just that, because of Divine Plea, 1 point of Int gives about the same regen as 1 point of mp5, but the Int also grants SP and Crit while being valued at a much lower level.

I believe that WoW equates 1 point of Int to about 2.5 points of mp5. So for example (unrealistic given that SP and Int are not generally interchangeable on items - but making a point here), you could have an item with 40 Haste, 40 Crit and 40 mp5 or an identical ilevel item with 40 Haste, 40 Crit and 100 Int. The 100 Int gives far more mana regen plus SP and Crit besides.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alathali
    Yeah..i'm kind of worried about my int. D: ... atm at lvl 78 it's 14k :\
    ...I noticed plate heal gear doesn't give as much int. as other things..well around 78 anyway..:[
    lol - If you're only level 78, we shouldn't be having this conversation anyway. Your gear will take a big jump once you hit 80 and start doing heroics. The numbers everyone has given in this thread so far are reasonably accurace. Don't worry about being on the low end when you're not even level 80 yet. It'll all change pretty soon.

Posting your armory link helps a lot when you have a question like this, by the way. It lets us check you gear and make a lot better suggestions.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Deleted

1600 spellpower to start with ? I started naxx at 1300, lol Had ALOT of TBC thingies left. But yea, as soon as you hit 80, start doing some heroics. You'll get alot more in a day or two, depending on how much you play.

Deleted

You do not need spellpower as a paladin in Naxxramas. You need 20k mana, the libram reducing Holy Light cost for 15 badges, the Holy Light glyph and some knowledge of the fights. Use Divine Plea as much as you can, keep Sacred Shield up on the tank you are healing as well as Light's Beacon on the one you are not. Only cast Holy Light and Holy Shock on the tanks.

I went into naxx with 1400 healing, 15k mana, and 25% crit. For ten mans it was stupid easy, with three healers anyways. Now I sit about 1800 healing, 19k mana, and 35% base holy crit. I find 10 man naxx insanely easy, along with OS. So unless your guild wants to take 2 healers to Naxx, you are fine with 10 man around the stats I started with.

Your crit is too low, your mp5 (unless you're giving us the while not casting number, which is not mp5) is WAY too high. As far as spellpower it just comes with gear.

You'll likely be fine if it's a decent run, but although Naxx is easy, it doesn't mean you ding 80 and go straight to purples. Do some heroics, get some badge gear, do Wintergrasp when you can seeing as the 15 WG marks boots are pretty good (even for PvE... doesn't beat raid loot but beats heroic loot). With the stats you have right now it seems like you'd be carried through Naxx. You may do alright, but the other healers will be significantly more stressed due to your lack of gear. If the others outgear the instance though, which is entirely possible, then it really doesn't matter what gear you have.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Bringing 3 healers to 10-man Naxx is stupid. The loss of dps will just make things harder in the end. The only time I could see doing this is on a select couple of bosses iif you're going for Undying.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Bringing 3 healers to 10-man Naxx is stupid. The loss of dps will just make things harder in the end. The only time I could see doing this is on a select couple of bosses iif you're going for Undying.
    agree
    just need to ask ret pal to put his shield and mace if really needed a 3rd healer (like 4-horsemn) I did it ^^ was on a side with a tank, judging light, using DS and healing so easily. Was at 1.4k spll power with my old mace (i should go up to 1.6k with a new one). Was funny but not needed it can be done easily at 2 healers like lots of naxx10 fight, just a precaution. :

When I started naxx 10man I had around 1.2k, Just dinged 80. I started naxx 25man as full epic heroic gear with 1.8k healing and that was for sure overkill if you didn't go for achievements.

So, for 10man 1.2k+ is enough
    for 25man 1.5k+ is enough

But it's also about skill, with 1.1k I can for sure outheal the other paladins in our guild.