Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Pally Question - Spellpower

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Bringing 3 healers to 10-man Naxx is stupid. The loss of dps will just make things harder in the end. The only time I could see doing this is on a select couple of bosses iif you're going for Undying.
    No need for 3 with a good group, but when your group is all alts and recruits, fights can be something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Alathali
    1141 spellpower/healing
    20% crit
    290mp5
    Iam not saying some state, just my opinion at todays paladin stats.

Manaregen was replaced by divine plea + SP / RET regen + runic mana potion + lay-on-hands

Haste and crit rocks today. Iam bit sad about my crit, however as soon as ill do some small replacements ill get rid of all my 120ub manaregen and invest it to crit, ideally with haste around that 550-650. Crit could be 32-34. If ill get rid of my manaregen.

Bringing 3 healers to 10-man Naxx is stupid. The loss of dps will just make things harder in the end. The only time I could see doing this is on a select couple of bosses iif you're going for Undying.
    Agree. On our undying tour, we did 8man achievement aswell and with two healers we had some serious problems on 4H. Our retpaladin showed his ability and skill there with nice lay use and some offheals.

Ok, So..how much spellpower should I have before I go to Nax? Right now at 78..i have...

1141 spellpower/healing
    20% crit
    290mp5

Anything will help!
    I hope to god that mp5 is with BoW... Holy paladins don't need much mp5 now. You want Spellpower - Crit - Haste. Intellect is nice too of course since it gives a bit of everything.

My suggestion is to get the BS mace. That alone should put you high enough to start healing raids.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kmp1331
    I had 1600 when I got picked up for a pug naxx, and honestly I was carried a little bit (not the whole way, but I could tell I was below the other heals). 1700 should be fine, and that'll ramp up very quickly once you get drops in there. Don't worry about your mp5, thats what divine plea and crit is for, about 30% unbuffed crit is good
    This is a grouse generalization, Many people denote Gear (Spell Power) = Skill. If your really skilled and know your stuff 1300-1500 ish Spell Power is more then sufficient as a secondary healer. But bear in mind you have to know the fights and and come prepared (Food/Flasks/Potions).

I have had no problems with most of Naxx with T6/SWP equivalent gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

crit > int

I still have the +79 sp to FoL libram and I am a FoL spammer in raids and use holy shock any chance i get since that instant cast FoL comes in handy. I'm at 16k mana unbuffed but i also have 36% crit unbuffed so i dont need a whole lot of mana to begin with. I started naxx with around 1500 sp and struggled a bit then i made titansteel guardian and that made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkulton
    crit > int

I still have the +79 sp to FoL libram and I am a FoL spammer in raids and use holy shock any chance i get since that instant cast FoL comes in handy. I'm at 16k mana unbuffed but i also have 36% crit unbuffed so i dont need a whole lot of mana to begin with. I started naxx with around 1500 sp and struggled a bit then i made titansteel guardian and that made a huge difference.
    This guy is amazingly wrong. Do not listen to him.

1) Int is far and away our best stat. It's not even a contest. Divine Plea and replenishment regenerate based on max mana, so the more Int you have the more mana you'll get back. With replenishment and Pleas, one point of Int will give you roughly 1mp5 as well as a small amount of SP and Crit. Stack Int until you have at least a 20k mana pool. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

2) The reason why this guy doesn't need mana is because he's FoL spamming. FoL spam is worthless. It's worse than useless. How exactly are you going to keep up a 40k HP tank with 4k FoLs? You're not. HL is the spell to spam. Stacking Int allows you to spam HL for the duration of any boss fight.

3) The FoL Spellpower Libram is horrible. The badge libram is currently the best in game by a wide margin. It costs a whole 15 badges and will likely be one of the single biggest upgrades to your level 70 gear. Get it before anything else. Likewise, Titansteel Guardian is a terrible weapon. Like all the rest of the terrible Titansteel gear, it has absolutely zero Int on it. There are better blues in the game. Vastly better improvements drop from several Heroics. Do not waste your money on this crap. It's not worth it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    You do not need spellpower as a paladin in Naxxramas. You need 20k mana, the libram reducing Holy Light cost for 15 badges, the Holy Light glyph and some knowledge of the fights. Use Divine Plea as much as you can, keep Sacred Shield up on the tank you are healing as well as Light's Beacon on the one you are not. Only cast Holy Light and Holy Shock on the tanks.
    Listen to this guy. Firecrest's posts are also spot on. If your current gear can't sustain an all out Holy Light spamfest, cycle in some FoL and you should be ok. Don't be afraid to wear mail or moonkin leather. It's often high on the stats we need. Cloth usually sucks with all the spirit on it. Spirit is poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Iam not saying some state, just my opinion at todays paladin stats.

Manaregen was replaced by divine plea + SP / RET regen + runic mana potion + lay-on-hands

Haste and crit rocks today. Iam bit sad about my crit, however as soon as ill do some small replacements ill get rid of all my 120ub manaregen and invest it to crit, ideally with haste around that 550-650. Crit could be 32-34. If ill get rid of my manaregen.
    Ah..

So.. I should get as much Int and Crit as possible..and I should get haste also?
    mm interesting

here is my armory btw:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Alathali

As far as getting higher SP, I've found that upgrading and enchanting your weapon is the best way to do so. Either the mace that's available from Wyrmrest at Revered, or the mace from Heroic Nexus. Toss a +50 SP enchant on either one those, and they should treat you just fine all the way through Naxx. Also, don't hesitate to toss on some shammy gear while you're trying to gear up. It'll help you prepare for Naxx faster, without having to hunt around so much for the best-in-slot plate stuff.
    WTF folder, indeed.

This guy is amazingly wrong. Do not listen to him.

1) Int is far and away our best stat. It's not even a contest. Divine Plea and replenishment regenerate based on max mana, so the more Int you have the more mana you'll get back. With replenishment and Pleas, one point of Int will give you roughly 1mp5 as well as a small amount of SP and Crit. Stack Int until you have at least a 20k mana pool. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

2) The reason why this guy doesn't need mana is because he's FoL spamming. FoL spam is worthless. It's worse than useless. How exactly are you going to keep up a 40k HP tank with 4k FoLs? You're not. HL is the spell to spam. Stacking Int allows you to spam HL for the duration of any boss fight.

3) The FoL Spellpower Libram is horrible. The badge libram is currently the best in game by a wide margin. It costs a whole 15 badges and will likely be one of the single biggest upgrades to your level 70 gear. Get it before anything else. Likewise, Titansteel Guardian is a terrible weapon. Like all the rest of the terrible Titansteel gear, it has absolutely zero Int on it. There are better blues in the game. Vastly better improvements drop from several Heroics. Do not waste your money on this crap. It's not worth it.
    Thank you so much.

This thread had my skin crawling until a couple of you Int-lovers chimed in.

Thanks for keeping the raid world a safer place.

So.. I should get as much Int and Crit as possible..and I should get haste also?
    Kinda. Basically stack Int and stay away from mp5. Most 25-man items have Int and spellpower as givens and then two other stats. If you're avoiding mp5, you'll find that you get Crit and SP by default.

Your armory link didn't work, so I can't give you any more specific advice.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

if you're a good healer then 1400+ is all you need with 16k+ mana for starters.

I rolled into my first naxx with 1496sp with T6 on and cleared the whole instance in 10man with myself and a druid (of course, naxx10/25 is nothing compared to naxx40 or sunwell at lvl 60/70)

Well I think I'm set then! I finally got to 1400+ SP and 27% crit with Holy spells 16K+ mana :]
    Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Okay guys so I have a question. I have a Warlock and for PvP (I know a horrible combo: Warlock and PvP in the same sentence) I stack Stamina, Spell Power and Resilience. I thought this is what was necessary for all PvP casters and healers. However my buddy who just turned 80 and is a Holy Paladin (yay maybe I'll get a good rating now lol) says he thinks he needs to stack Int for PvP just like PvE.

Is this right? I guess maybe the mechanics of Paladin healing are different from my Resto Druid (who is also PvP) since a Paladin can take a beating and has a lot of spell pushback, silence and stun reduction talents. But I always thought PvP and caster/healer meant you wanted spell power.

Any help here would be appreciated. I really didn't think that Paladins were much different in respect to how to stack gear for healing. Priests, Shamans and Druids all need spell power so why not this class? Thanks all! =D
    there is a talent in the holy tree that gives spell power 30% of ur int

"Gnomes will win, by unleashing their secret, previously unknown weapon from deep in the bowels of Gnomeregan: Gnome druids. Those kittens and bear cubs will rip everyone apart."