Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

3.1 Priest changes announced by a CM in korean official sites at 11:55 a.m on 02/05 (1hour ago)

You may see them at

http://www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/com...r=&pseq=702990

But you probably won't be able to read it unless ur korean or have studied it

So I have translated them for you.

Priest

· Divine spirit - Now a base skill that every priest can learn

· Power word:Aegis (this might be wrong, can't find a good vocab for the korean word)
    - New talent in Discipline. You can assume this spell is a Power word:Shield that is applicable to
    every raid or party members.

· Some raid-wide healing skills are improved
    - Prayer of Healing - Now can be cast on any party that belongs to the raid
    - Holy Nova - Mana cost reduced
    - Circle of Healing - Amount of healing increased

· The PvP survivability of S.Priest is getting buffed. The Shadow Form reduces spell damage taken as well as Physical damage.
    Also Dispersion now removes all movement impairing effects.

· Penance - now can be cast on the priest itself.

· Serendipity - This talent now reduces the casting time of Prayer of Healing and Greater Heal after using
    Binding Heal or Flash Heal.

· Also works to add more useful things to Holy talent tree for PvP purpose are under progress.

I found it on some korean WOW fan site, and confirmed it was written by CM, and translated it myself.

So you may trust them. I think they will soon be released on Europe and American sites too.

Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

Seems the korean department is doing all the website stuff themselves. It's very impressive compared to the western sites.

Thanks for the translation, and some interesting changes.

Ugh it's about time.

Is there only news on priest changes or is there other stuff too?

The post was on the priest class forum, and it was all about priest changes, not other classes.

OMG the Koreans are ahead of us! (as always in gaming)

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Serious

Ugh it's about time.
    Fucking finally, 1 point for that was getting on my nerves. I like how pennece can be cast on self.

PW:A(aegis) sounds cool. raid wide PWS? longer cd more mana? does it stack with PWS? works if weakend soul is on target.

Shadow survive needs more then that

and holy nova mana reduce is a nice change.

Originally Posted by Eyonix (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We are planning a lot of exciting content for patch 3.1.0, and we are doing a three-part preview series on upcoming class changes. This is the first in the series: Priests, Rogues, and Shaman. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change.

PRIEST
    • Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
    • Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
    • Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.
    • Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
    • Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.
    • Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.
    • We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Serious

Ugh it's about time.

Is there only news on priest changes or is there other stuff too?
    Have a read on http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new there are also changes to shamans and rogues, this is only part 1 though so we just need to keep our eyes out for the next parts over the comming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by shc0023

· The PvP survivability of S.Priest is getting buffed. The Shadow Form reduces spell damage taken as well as Physical damage.
    Also Dispersion now removes all movement impairing effects.

that cant be all there doing??
    Now we can move about while unable to do anything lol, i would hardly call this a buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

they Buff CoH whit is stupidly up compared to WG....i really hope there is some sweet ass resto druid changes..becuse thats just plain stupid WG would most likely not even have gotten nerfed if CoH was not so up ..
    Eternal rage is my power

Fat peopel lag IRL

greenmasheen

holy shit i almost peed a little... glad they buffed us.

is that change to serendipity in addition to the current effect?

prayer of healing getting buffed? about time!

this should put priests back on top as the primary healing class once again... i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerHacker
    they Buff CoH whit is stupidly up compared to WG....i really hope there is some sweet ass resto druid changes..becuse thats just plain stupid WG would most likely not even have gotten nerfed if CoH was not so up ..
    This post is almost completely incomprehensible.
    Do the world a favor. Type all of your words in Microsoft Word, hit the spellcheck button a couple of times, check for any continuity errors and then smash your computer into a thousand pieces.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChunk
    This post is almost completely incomprehensible.
    Do the world a favor. Type all of your words in Microsoft Word, hit the spellcheck button a couple of times, check for any continuity errors and then smash your computer into a thousand pieces.
    /care
    Eternal rage is my power

Fat peopel lag IRL

greenmasheen

druids shouldnt be able to heal just as well as priests, just because CoH gets a buff doesnt make it necessary that WG needs a buff. WTF ever happened to Jack of All Trades?

if you want to play a main healer, roll a paly, priest, or shaman.

The shadow buff does seem slightly underwhelming.

Happy about being able to use Penance on myself, though.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    druids shouldnt be able to heal just as well as priests, just because CoH gets a buff doesnt make it necessary that WG needs a buff.  WTF ever happened to Jack of All Trades? 

if you want to play a main healer, roll a paly, priest, or shaman.
    Now that was mature.. you know it was only becuse of the silly upness of priests CoH that WG even got nerfed it was fine as it was

btw so palas/prist/shamies sould not be able to heal well becuse they can dps aswell? we clearly need a "Pure" healing class that can only heal

silly ppl now go take you pure vs hypid crap to a dps forum whit ppl that are willeing to take that stupid debate up
    Eternal rage is my power

Fat peopel lag IRL

greenmasheen

Now that was mature.. you know it was only becuse of the silly upness of priests CoH that WG even got nerfed it was fine as it was
    ??? ??? ???

good god, if you even bothered playing the game prior to burning crusade you would know that in raids rest druids were support healers and that is where they continue to reside, although now they have more bigish healing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    ??? ??? ???

good god, if you even bothered playing the game prior to burning crusade you would know that in raids rest druids were support healers and that is where they continue to reside, although now they have more bigish healing spells.

i have played this game far longer then you now learn to understand that things change..

eidt This is what your pretty much saying "Girls cant work!! becuse back when my dads dad was a kid they where not aloved to! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY IT CAN BE!!" in other words your just plain silly now
    Eternal rage is my power

Fat peopel lag IRL

Divine spirit for everyone is pretty cool.

But as i thought and said earlier, the Spriest "survivability buff" is for sure not enough to make them totally pvp viable. Definitely a welcome improvement though if all that is said goes through

LET US FUCKING REMOVE POISONS

THATS ALL THEY NEED TO DO NOW

(and yes to those flamers in the future caps makes me get my point across blah blah blah go fuck yourself)