Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    The shadow buff does seem slightly underwhelming.
    "Slightly"? It's as if they changed nothing, if those are ALL the changes. Shadowform now reduces magic damage by 15%? Well guess what magic users never raped us as much as melee classes. And Dispersion removes snares? Well it's still a useless skill that just says "you die 6 seconds later".

    And at the same time they give Disc some REALLY SWEET buffs. WTF Blizzard, Disc is allready the go-to pvp spec for priests...
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  2. #42

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
    Wow ..
    Because incoming magic damage is what SP's suffer the most from, right?
    And cool the gave improved fade to Dispersion too. Now we can have a useless effect on TWO abilities at once

  3. #43

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    I think most of you are failing to realize priest talents compared to shaman/druid/paladin talents.

    Shaman: Caster DPS/Melee DPS/Healer
    Druid: Tank (when not needed can melee dps)/Caster DPS/Healer
    Paladin: Tank/Healer/Melee DPS
    Priest: Healer/Healer/Caster DPS


    orly? Only class with 2 healing trees gets the shaft on healing power? Not to mention shadow has decent off heals with Vampiric Embrace. I doubt a paladin/shaman/druid can beat a Shadow Priest in non-direct heals (this shouldn't be news). Face it, priests should have at least some sort of advantage over other healers. Unless blizzard plans on making disc strictly a DPS tree, then you all need to stop comparing priests to other "hybrid" classes, because it is simply a poor comparison.


    There is just no comparing the healers among eachother. How can one compare a plate wearing healer vs a clothie. I lpay both disc priest and holy paladin and they are absolutely nothing alike. Mastering a priest (disc) is much much harder than mastering holy paladin.

    Let's face it, they need to bring back the extra armor on pvp gear for clothies, like they did after the implementation of armor penetration. Why they decided to remove it in Wotlk is a big questionmark for me.

  4. #44

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    Go to the Blizz site, class description, and tell me what 2 classes are classified as primary healers.
    Available to: Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Undead, Trolls, Blood Elves, Draenei
    Type: Primary Healer
    Standard Bars: Health/Mana
    Available Armor: Cloth
    Available Weapons: One-Handed Maces, Daggers, Staves, Wands
    Comments: The most sought after class for any group

    I notice a lack of Hybrid. The evidence for your argument defeats itself. Going with your evidence they are both primary healers, but one also being a hybrid means it should be behind other classes that are pure in its role. Bottom line argument is elementary, when you look at healing talent trees 2>1. Priests beat any class in game for entitlement as far as being the best healer is concerned. This is obviously not the case and the info on the site is outdated and irrelevant.

    Despite this you have to accept that World of Warcraft is ever changing and the balance of power will never stabilize for any class/role, trying to determine equality amongst classes is a matter of comparing opinions. Opinions are neither right now wrong, so stop trying to figure out what yours is with a pissing contest on the forums.
    Time to grow up and get over it, none of you are:
    -special
    -deserving
    -mature
    -rational
    -going to get what you want

    Sorry for targeting you specifically Pizzabagel

  5. #45

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    This looks like a huge buff for discipline who can try and take over holy in raids. I mean - PoH that you can throw on any party, PW: B (PvE and PvP improvement), Penance self cast (PvP improvement), Serendipity change.. and if we take into consideration the way disc regens mana - all I see here is making disc more and more appealing for pve and pvp.

    However shadow... still no escape mechanism, still low "tanking" ability, still the damage is gimped by resilience and ability of 2 classes to remove our entire damage within 1 gcd.. me no like.

  6. #46

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Too bad discipline won't be mainstream until the typical moronic casual stops spending raids staring intently at a meter* that does not track damage absorb as healing. Yay for buffing hardcores, casuals can suck it.


    *Recount and WWS

  7. #47

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Girryn, main stream who freaking cares, i told one of our priests to go Diciplin, and i told the raid why he wouldnt be on top, they said.. Ohh is that how it works, and i said yeah.

    Ofcs last raid a stupid shammy spammed raid chat with him self on top, saying oh look at me, i mean really, its worthless when comparing hps, and total healing done.

    Healing is keeping people alive, not being on top of some stupid meter.
    Diciplin priest are great for alot of raid encounters, sadly not many raidleaders are smart enough to know that.

    But returning to the general topic, i like the fact the listned to us, making PoH raidwide party spell is really good.
    Makes it possible for priests to be real raid healers again.
    And i do agree CoH was to good before, but it made us priest raidhealing viable.
    Now with PoH raidwide party spell, it will surly be good to be raidhealing again.

  8. #48

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by gubisoul
    Girryn, main stream who freaking cares, i told one of our priests to go Diciplin, and i told the raid why he wouldnt be on top, they said.. Ohh is that how it works, and i said yeah.

    Ofcs last raid a stupid shammy spammed raid chat with him self on top, saying oh look at me, i mean really, its worthless when comparing hps, and total healing done.

    Healing is keeping people alive, not being on top of some stupid meter.
    Diciplin priest are great for alot of raid encounters, sadly not many raidleaders are smart enough to know that.

    But returning to the general topic, i like the fact the listned to us, making PoH raidwide party spell is really good.
    Makes it possible for priests to be real raid healers again.
    And i do agree CoH was to good before, but it made us priest raidhealing viable.
    Now with PoH raidwide party spell, it will surly be good to be raidhealing again.
    1 of the few post i agree on in this tread (mostly flaming it seems). But yes disc aint gonna be real mainstream as long as ppl dont understand the way disc works. Im just scared that POH is gonna be tooo OP now. Atm i can heal 25.000 every 3 (-haste) sec + the glyph. So that spell is also gonna be a fine line between succes and fail.

    On the shadow part. I think they are scared shitless buffing shadow, cause if we finaly stay alive for 1 min we are gonna melt every1. Its a fine line with shadow atm. We need to be fairly weak in defence cause we are generaly madness in offence.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

  9. #49

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Calm down grubisoul, I was lamenting the probability of discipline still not being widely accepted as a PvE healing spec. IMO every raid should have a disc priest if they can get their hands on one. More power to you for being aware and informed, but don't let your enthusiasm cause a knee jerk reaction to a post that is in agreement with you.

    Sad fact is an unseemly amount of people think that discipline is a dps spec. WTF

  10. #50

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    "Slightly"? It's as if they changed nothing, if those are ALL the changes. Shadowform now reduces magic damage by 15%? Well guess what magic users never raped us as much as melee classes. And Dispersion removes snares? Well it's still a useless skill that just says "you die 6 seconds later".

    And at the same time they give Disc some REALLY SWEET buffs. WTF Blizzard, Disc is allready the go-to pvp spec for priests...
    For the love of god - PLEASE read the post and understand the concept of a preview.

    They stated that these are not all the changes they are a preview (kind of like you dont see everything in a movie trailer... well unless its a michael bay flick).

    The list isnt comprehensive, they are a couple of the things happening thats all. There will be more changes. Now kindly sit and wait for 3.1 to hit the PTR. If that is all there is THEN complain. Doing so now when you don't know everything is just useless whining (as SPs always do).

  11. #51

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    the changes to PVP survivability do nothing to stop that rogue tearing me to pieces in a matter of seconds. I don't want to be popping dispersion after 3 seconds and still have a rogue stabbing me 6 seconds later

    once again he'll just build those combo points and smack me in the face after it's run out

    DS for all priests just means another candle to use every rebuff :

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Faithshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,754

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Wow what a dumb thread, I was hoping for some good discussion with the new class changes.

    This thread was lost the moment someone said Druids were not "main healers" but "support healers" because they have tanking and dps trees.

    What kind of silly logic is this? Druid, Shaman, Paladin and Priest are all main healers if they spec for healing. This is Blizz's logic as well as my own.

    Holy Priest is perhaps the most versatile and powerful of the lot, but not by a huge margain.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  13. #53

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    I'm choosing to ignore the retardation/class war.

    Good changes. Liking DS is now a core ability. Curious as this new Power Word: Barrier. Excellent change to Penance - nice holy updates etc.

    While I tried disc (and hated it) I still think holy will be the strong spec.

  14. #54

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    As an arcane mage I'm happy that Spirit is on the class buff rather than talent buff list. I really missed this buff when our disc priest is missing from raids and all our warlocks are destro.

    As a priest, I'm really happy with the disc changes.  Power World Barrier seems like it could be a powerful although situational ability that really works well in conjunction with other healing specs like Holy Priests, Shaman and Druids in preparing for large predictable AoE damage.  Depending on changes to exisitng talents effects to accomodate this spell, this can really provide strong synergy with the disc PvE healing method.

    I like that casting a Flash Heal or Binding Heal will haste my Greater Heal as a Holy Priest.  It really makes sense in terms of mixing up heals for Priests and switching it up rather than spamming the same spells.  Personally I'm advocate of using all 8-10 healing tools at my disposal, chosen on the fly based on experience and skill, rather than just a couple.  If I wanted to use only 2-4 of those, I think a Shaman or Paladin would be more suitable. 

    I like that CoH base is increased but cooldown is unchanged, and that PoH is now group castable.  This means you'll can be an extremely effective group healer by intelligently alternating between these two spells and PoM, and throwing out BHs/FHs and hasted GHs when needed..  Although it means group setups may be a pain again (unless they increase the range) which is wierd because Blizzard recently commented on how they really want to move away from group considerations in raids. 

    However they didn't make PoH a smart heal for which I am grateful, or I'd be fearful of being relegated to sitting at the back of the raid, putting on a blindfold and smashing by PoH button endlessly during high AoE damage encounters.


  15. #55
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    68

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Hmm, pretty exited to see how that PvP survivability works out O.o

  16. #56

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Malentra
    I like that casting a Flash Heal or Binding Heal will haste my Greater Heal as a Holy Priest. It really makes sense in terms of mixing up heals for Priests and switching it up rather than spamming the same spells. Personally I'm advocate of using all 8-10 healing tools at my disposal, chosen on the fly based on experience and skill, rather than just a couple. If I wanted to use only 2-4 of those, I think a Shaman or Paladin would be more suitable.
    To be honest, I think I'm going to miss the mana return from Serendipity. With the removal of down-ranking, overhealing by at least one point was a lot more common for me, which made the mana return excellent. That is unless the haste buff is being tacked onto Serendipity and not taking over :-[.

  17. #57

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    To be honest, I think I'm going to miss the mana return from Serendipity. With the removal of down-ranking, overhealing by at least one point was a lot more common for me, which made the mana return excellent. That is unless the haste buff is being tacked onto Serendipity and not taking over :-[.
    I hope the information (Haste to Gheal and PoH after Binding Heal or Flash Heal) is just an addition to the normal way of Serendipity.
    Serendipity 3/3 - your Greater Heal or Flash Heal spells heal your target over maximum health, you are instantly refunded 25% of the spell's mana cost, and also reducing your Base casting time of your next Gheal or PoH by Xx% after casting Flash heal and Binding Heal.
    Sounds good deal for me if its this way.

  18. #58

    Re: 3.1 Priest changes revealed in korean official sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    Too bad discipline won't be mainstream until the typical moronic casual stops spending raids staring intently at a meter* that does not track damage absorb as healing. Yay for buffing hardcores, casuals can suck it.
    The maintainer of Recount has communicated on wowhead forums that's he's considering implementing an "absorb" category and you can view "heal + absorb" if you wish.

    Overall, i think even the sheeplike masses do not pay attention to healing meters as much as DPS meters. Otherwise 90% of the healer base would be resto shamans, and they're still as rare as ever even on horde servers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •