Thread: Class changes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class changes

When i saw these changes i thought i wanna gonna die laughing at my friend druid sitting right next to me.

Anyways gonna talk from the PvP perspective of a discipline priest about these changes

Lets go through every point here
    * Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.

For raids this spell was useless as it was over-written by Totem of Wrath (and some warlock abilities i THINK) so disc priests rarely took it unless for heroics.

From the PvP perspective, this change... changes nearly nothing. Imp DS will probably remain in the disc tree while the base skill will be given to all priests.
    Holy priests never use spirit regen, since holy=survival (dont even try arguing with me if u havent played both holy and disc).Holy priests will directly benefit because their spirit turns directly into healing with some talents. Dont see this being big buff to shadow either

* Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).

This is about the most perfect spell i could imagine for 5v5. Currently in 5v5, Shaman>priest simply because of heroism and more healing capabilities. From now on the priest will actually be able to compare to the shaman on healing thanks to this thing absorbing damage on all 5 party members (hopefully)

Nice PvE utility, but thats not my area of interest.

I'm just hoping a different CD then PWS otherwise weve been screwed over AGAIN (read: divine hymn-fear)

* Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.

Maybe PoH will become effective heal for 5v5/3v3? :O holy nova remains something holy priests spam when theyve got no CDs so this is nice for them. CoH is mostly PvE so i wont bother

* Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.

They deserved it

* Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.

the biggest problem right now for disc priests is mobility (read: rogues) - giving it to us would make all other healing classes fall behind us bigtime.

Instead of giving us mobility Blizz gives us an extra big heal on ourselves. On one side, thats nice i finally dont have to spam heal, on the other hand though this spell wont help me for shit vs rogues and fury warriors (which are the two worst classes for priests) since its not like i can actually cast with one of them on me.

Hopefully power word barrier will help us out here by giving enough absorption (PWS+barrier) to be able to cast without pushback (wouldnt it be awesome is PWS absorbed interupts aswell? :O and say 1 interupt = 2000-3000 less absorption on shield)

* Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.

Good for PvE and PvP - nice buff overall

* We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

Some more mana regen to these guys and they are fine! currently they are just imba tanks.... for about 1 minute till theyre OOM

Re: Class changes

Are you stupid?

How can you possibly say this when they have only released changes for three classes that aren't even official.
    You haven't even seen the changes for the other classes and yet you're complaining Shamans will be obsolete in 5v5.

15+ Year Old Account

* Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.

If that are ALL the shadowpriest changes, then major LULZ.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Lets go through every point here

Nobody will cry, holy and shadow priests will be happy - good change
    I wonder what will happen to the imp DS talent, I liked it alot. Gave us a little more pewpew in pvp and solo play, and was nice for 5 and 10 man raids. Would suck to lose it, and adding it as a core ability would be nice for shadow pvp (arena) utility.

Its some nice changes that is coming up.

Right classes is being balanced, now I'm only waiting on a warlock buff

Imp DS will still exhist I bet, just now it is more available because we save a point maybe even two if they lower it to 1 point. 1 point for imp DS is worth it IMO and fits into most of my builds where I previously took only divine spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Are you stupid?

How can you possibly say this when they have only released changes for three classes that aren't even official.
    You haven't even seen the changes for the other classes and yet you're complaining Shamans will be obsolete in 5v5.
    and where in my post did i mention shamans will become obsolete? nowhere... i mentioned priests will actually not be gimping the team if taken instead of a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    Imp DS will still exhist I bet, just now it is more available because we save a point maybe even two if they lower it to 1 point. 1 point for imp DS is worth it IMO and fits into most of my builds where I previously took only divine spirit.
    Indeed i believe Imp DS will remain in the discipline tree, but the base skill will be send out to all priests. Again, even now DS wasnt usefull in raids since Totem of Wrath over-wrote it.

divine spirit is a very powerful buff, the only other spirit buff is the felhunter one, and spirit gives a lot of benefit to priests, druids and warlocks.

As for the +spell power, its usefulness I agree is less, but still good when you lack shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    * We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

Some more mana regen to these guys and they are fine! currently they are just imba tanks.... for about 1 minute till theyre OOM
    Who? Holy priests? Imba tanks? What have you been smoking? You should know by now that priests are easily shut down and neutralized.

I understood the utility remark as a another little trinket that doesn't actually touch the very worst issue priests currently have in PvP: survivability. Any kind of a buff is welcome, of course, but more likely it's along the lines of 6 seconds more healing time while dead.

Once more, the only viable pvp spec will be discipline. Self-penance and PW: Barrier will make them insanely hard to kill, just like back in tbc. However, shadow fails, utterly. So much for the, oh so exciting, changes.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Once more, the only viable pvp spec will be discipline. Self-penance and PW: Barrier will make them insanely hard to kill, just like back in tbc. However, shadow fails, utterly. So much for the, oh so exciting, changes.
    As they also wrote there will be more.... Relax already and be happy that we atleast get buffs and not nerfs
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

15+ Year Old Account

This is awsome, holy grouphealers can now use PoH in addition to 1 groupheal with 6s CD, thank you Blizzard. No more filling out with crappy flash heals.

Disc will be tremendously good now in PvE, seems 1 could handle melee group easily alone with PoH+Barriers and play a keyrole on tank to keep the dmg reduction buffs on him!

I only miss 1 thing; a properly working and awsome 51p talent in holy tree.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

If that are ALL the shadowpriest changes, then major LULZ.
    agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    once more people bitch about changes before they are finalized...
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

About PW Barrier - I'm going to assume that this will be the same 'Area' effect like the death knight Anti-Magic Shield? So, you don't just cast it and everyone gets a shield - it'll only be cast in a limited area around the priest and everyone will have to stay inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron

As a shadowpriest Divine Spirit self cast - PVE - SWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!

Shadow Form reducing magical damage - should have done that from day 1.

Dispersion removing snares - BLIZZARD ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!!?
    Wait and freaking minute. Wasn't IMPROVED SHADOWFORM + FADE SUPPOSE TO REMOVE SNARES?

BLIZZARD WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL OVER US?
    from my prospective being snared was never really the problem. It was being stun locked and then one shotted (/w no resil. - now it takes 3-4 shot /w 835 resil.) From my experiences I am being stunned/interrupted for 4-5 seconds and can't get off an instant spell).

However, "IF" (and that is the mother of all IF's) I was lucky enough to get of a fear off and the melee that was beating on me was laughing to hard and hit either their trinket or anti-fear whatever a second or two after the fear, nothing really changes, I live for an additional 2 seconds.

I hope there will be more changes....

WOW! Freaking amazing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    About PW Barrier - I'm going to assume that this will be the same 'Area' effect like the death knight Anti-Magic Shield? So, you don't just cast it and everyone gets a shield - it'll only be cast in a limited area around the priest and everyone will have to stay inside?
    I imagine it more like casting PW:Shield on 5 party members with 1 GCD, nothing more.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Aether
    I imagine it more like casting PW:Shield on 5 party members with 1 GCD, nothing more.
    That's how I read it too. There are a lot of questions though. What will the cooldown be? Will it be using Weakened Soul? Will it cost 4000 mana? Will it be added to Rapture? Will it be castable on other groups than your own? We'll see.

The reason why I think Barrier will be more like the Death Knight Anti-Magic shield is partially just because of the name. 'Barrier' implies 1 thing between your group and the bad guys. Also, they just introduced the Death Knight shield and we now how much they love to reuse funky new toys and effects (no matter how often they claim they don't).

If it was called 'Powerword : Team Shields' then yeah, I would expect it to be an instant cast that places individual shields on all your team members. But then, like Ananan mentioned, what happens with Weakened Soul? Only those that you haven't already put a shield on in the last 30 secs get it? The guy you're most likely to be shielding, and most likely to need the shield is the tank so there's a good chance he'll never get the 'Barrier' shield then.

And, unless it was very mana inefficient (ie - casting it consumes all of your mana) why would you bother casting anything else?

15+ Year Old Account

To the OP:

1. Divine Spirit was not overidden by anything. IMPROVED Divine Spirit was. Learn how the buffs work.

2. They haven't even begun PTRs on 3.1. You're seriously griping over ideas that aren't even being checked out yet? That's like griping about the rough draft of a script on a movie. Things change alot in three to four months. Shut it

3. As to their ideas, I like most of them save the self-cast on Penance. I can see that causing some sort of bug with auto selfcast enabled. Hoping not, but we'll see.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present