Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    It's mostly on trash-packs that warrior tanks can be a little annoying I think. They spellreflect - you yawn, they stun-lock everything - you tab out to switch music, and juuuust when you are really falling asleep the mobs actually start doing damage.

  2. #62

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Holy delivers.

    It allows me to be experimental in my approach, with great room for trial/error, which I enjoy also. Currently I sport a heavy amount of heal crit in raids to compliment our other holy priest who sports heavy haste.

    Every disc priest we've tried to bring in is usually bottom on all meters, and ignoring over-all, we 2 tend to out-heal single target classes like Disc priests and Pallies.

    I like the tools given to me. Simple. I use them all. I believe in thinking/healing "outside the box". I avoid the fail-leet set with their snobbery/discriminations, and like to think at times I push the class/specc to some good limits.

    Holy Priests are the McGuyver of healing.

  3. #63

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    I'd say though gheal is much less effic than it was in bc (used to be one of the most effic spells). It is now far more hps than flash heal. Again mainly useful for the tank but in a gcd crunch its better to top off a low dps with gheal than 2 flash heals. But you could argue that the second flash heal might not be necessary unless its a situation where they have to be a full life. (unless under the effect of a haste proc at which point its even more situational).

    I wanted to point this out because in our raids due to the small size of our guild we usually raid with 3 priests and when things get really rough our closeness in healing separates far more than normal. If you analyze what heals went out we have almost identical Pom, Coh and renew. Which leaves flash heal and greater heal. (binding is too situational to compare imo as well as poh) They generally have usally double my flash heals and I have at least double their gheals. In terms of healing I am far ahead (not that meters matter as at the end of the fight we are generally all alive) but my HPS is usually at least 1k above theres. I would argue that it IS their flash heals that allow me to reliably time gheals and it works well for us.

    I guess the point is don't undervalue gheal. Being the "mavricks" of healing everything has its time and place. I don't know much about disc but as holy you play a game of HPM(mana) vs HPS vs 5 second rule (which will be changing soon). Sometimes you want to be the most efficient but when you want to put out the most heals possible over a period longer than 2.5 seconds and shorter than 1-2 minutes gheal mixed with your pom and rewew will win. (thats not to say you shouldn't be mixing flash heals into that mix)

  4. #64

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    i respec'd resently for a naxx clear disc just cuz i'd been holy for a while and wouldnt mind trying it out. Disc offers tons of dmg mit through absorbs making them so valuable. athough i never came close to running out of mana, lowest i got was when i touched the green slime. With this being said i already spec'd back holy just for the versatility, I can raid heal and mt heal without any problems.

    holy just has a few more options than disc, and when played right are amazing.

  5. #65

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Holy, is an excellent spec. You find that with the correct classes supporting you, it can be quite a stroll in Heroics (As long as your Tank has the Defence cap (536 or 540?)).

    A shaman, shadow priest or retadin witll most likely keep you at max mana on the trash (If you throw the correct heals out for the various situations.)

    Currently, my tactics of healing efficiently are as follows.

    < Important > I would point you in the direction of Healbot Continued. Great customisable addon, for Greater heals I can easily know when you should cast in order to Get an efficient heal, with a slight overheal to activate Serendipity.

    1. Throw a Renew on the tank once he has aggro (You dont want to pull ranged mobs from the healing)
    2. If one of your DPS is stealing aggro and taking damage, which it tends to be a fury warrior most of the time (Mainly a silly player) however, thrrow up a PoM that will bounce from him and the tank. Allowing the tank to grab the add and for you to just keep your Renew ticking.
    3 On heavy hitting adds, you want to make sure that you are keeping Renew up, if for any reason you find that the tank is going down, Guardian Spirit > Inner Fire > Greater heal.

    Again, Healbot continued is your friend.

    And I cannot understand why you play Disc, Penance is awesome I have no doubt about that however, the fact that you cannot throw up a Shield on warriors and bears makes you an annoying spec from a tanks perspective (Currently, 3.1 changes this soon). I find it to be particularly weak on group healing. Your missing CoH and the mana reduction in PoH. Making your group healing very inefficient.

    Just my 2cents

  6. #66

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Quote Originally Posted by a13hockey
    I'd say though gheal is much less effic than it was in bc (used to be one of the most effic spells). It is now far more hps than flash heal. Again mainly useful for the tank but in a gcd crunch its better to top off a low dps with gheal than 2 flash heals. But you could argue that the second flash heal might not be necessary unless its a situation where they have to be a full life. (unless under the effect of a haste proc at which point its even more situational).

    I wanted to point this out because in our raids due to the small size of our guild we usually raid with 3 priests and when things get really rough our closeness in healing separates far more than normal. If you analyze what heals went out we have almost identical Pom, Coh and renew. Which leaves flash heal and greater heal. (binding is too situational to compare imo as well as poh) They generally have usally double my flash heals and I have at least double their gheals. In terms of healing I am far ahead (not that meters matter as at the end of the fight we are generally all alive) but my HPS is usually at least 1k above theres. I would argue that it IS their flash heals that allow me to reliably time gheals and it works well for us.

    I guess the point is don't undervalue gheal. Being the "mavricks" of healing everything has its time and place. I don't know much about disc but as holy you play a game of HPM(mana) vs HPS vs 5 second rule (which will be changing soon). Sometimes you want to be the most efficient but when you want to put out the most heals possible over a period longer than 2.5 seconds and shorter than 1-2 minutes gheal mixed with your pom and rewew will win. (thats not to say you shouldn't be mixing flash heals into that mix)
    Sounds to me like you have 3 heal-snipers. Case closed.

    Skill goes so far when you've got other snipers around.

    If your HPS is a full 1K over another healer then it's either you're spamming CoH every CD, which is ok, or they just suck.

    I'm going with they suck. I'm pro-sniper, and anti-suck.

  7. #67

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Ignore the healing meters when comparing holy and disc. Compare what is alive at the end of a fight. Been done over by chain heal, wild growth and PoM spam in the past and it achieved nothing.

    Discipline priests on tanks and small groups, holy on raids.

  8. #68

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoelle
    Holy, is an excellent spec. You find that with the correct classes supporting you, it can be quite a stroll in Heroics (As long as your Tank has the Defence cap (536 or 540?)).
    So we're doing heroics now? Well, alright then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoelle
    A shaman, shadow priest or retadin witll most likely keep you at max mana on the trash (If you throw the correct heals out for the various situations.)
    Needing other classes to help you pull your own weight is what dropped Holy through the floor in early TBC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoelle
    < Important > I would point you in the direction of Healbot Continued. Great customisable addon, for Greater heals I can easily know when you should cast in order to Get an efficient heal, with a slight overheal to activate Serendipity.
    Or might I suggest you run a health-deficit on Grid and learn how much your heals go for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoelle
    1. Throw a Renew on the tank once he has aggro (You dont want to pull ranged mobs from the healing)
    2. If one of your DPS is stealing aggro and taking damage, which it tends to be a fury warrior most of the time (Mainly a silly player) however, thrrow up a PoM that will bounce from him and the tank. Allowing the tank to grab the add and for you to just keep your Renew ticking.
    3 On heavy hitting adds, you want to make sure that you are keeping Renew up, if for any reason you find that the tank is going down, Guardian Spirit > Inner Fire > Greater heal.

    Again, Healbot continued is your friend.

    And I cannot understand why you play Disc, Penance is awesome I have no doubt about that however, the fact that you cannot throw up a Shield on warriors and bears makes you an annoying spec from a tanks perspective (Currently, 3.1 changes this soon). I find it to be particularly weak on group healing. Your missing CoH and the mana reduction in PoH. Making your group healing very inefficient.

    Just my 2cents
    You don't get why people play disc?

    1) First off, instead of Renew, we shield the tank. That gives us 25% haste on our next spell(s), often cheating with Penance. You want a damage buffer? That's better damage per mana anyways (as all ticks will never heal a tank). Realistically, when was the last time a tank ONLY took ~5.5k damage in 15 seconds? Right, that's gonna fall off and tada he still has rage. Oh wait, he does real dps now, he already has rage!

    2) If one of your dps is stealing aggro, it's gonna be more than a PoM to save him. But a Shield and a PoM might help. Also (Borrowed Time) hasted heals let us use 2 shields to keep pace up here.

    3) On heavy hitting adds, keep Grace and Weakened Soul up (combined effects of 3% damage reduction, 6% increased healing by you, and 4% healcrit).

    The only really stressing AoE fight is Loken, and that's usually just powered out with fast heavy single targets with a PoM bouncing around. But Glyph of Holy Nova is another easy (and somewhat fun) way to fix this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #69

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Ever heard of good healer / bad healer?

  10. #70

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    I remember the old days before downranking reductions existed in MC being able to use rank 3 greater heal without losing mana. Fully raid buffed I regained enough so much mana I regained the total mana cost before the spell had finished casting.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #71

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Actually, I spammed rank 1, 2, 4 and 7 of Greater Heal, depending on the situation. As well, I found myself actually using Shield, Renew, Mending, and Binding (rarely flash though, and I would never flash myself, ever) as part of stepping outside the 5-second-rule. It's called stopcasting, you might want to learn how to use it if you want any success in 3.1
    Didn't notice this the first time but nice troll...truth is I have never downranked even in vanilla I was stop casting (well tbh I was moving or jumping then till i learned), so I have been stopcasting for about 2 years more than you my dear. Know the person before you make comments in future.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  12. #72

    Re: Who the hell is holy? And why?

    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    No wonder Dev's don't listen to priests if this is what they see...a flash heal spammer, I bet you spammed 1 rank of downranked gheal in tbc as well didn't you? Poor poor way to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Didn't notice this the first time but nice troll...truth is I have never downranked even in vanilla I was stop casting (well tbh I was moving or jumping then till i learned), so I have been stopcasting for about 2 years more than you my dear. Know the person before you make comments in future.
    Last I checked, you were the one who made the comment, I was just making a point in rebuttal. But here you go:
    Code:
    /golfclap
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •