Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: 3.1 Druid Changes

Thorns in tree mode will be handy I guess, but doesnt really effect me much. For ppl with low mana regen it would help.

Revitalise will now replenish with WG hmmm interesting... Works best on rouges/Dks/Cat druids...

Would be OP on the meelee groups that is for sure. Still not sure If I would spec into it as I would need to give up Seed hehe. Maybe something to look into? I just know that the maths is not good for any mana based class; (50/50 on rage classes) and is realy just good for energy users.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi
    I just specced my druid resto and started leveling it from 70, was expecting some nice reading, compared to what I saw on the front page for other classes.... Needless to say, I was disappointed.
    You have to actually wait for all of the patch notes to be realesed. In advanced, I welcome the change to mana regeneration. Post-3.0/expansion it is a joke. There is no need to innervate priests/druids; and the overall damage thresh hold for tanks is way above what is needed for this content.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Depending on how much they nerf spirit, spell power/mp5 gems may become the dominant gem for druids rather than just spell power. Spirit will likely not become a good enchant because it wont offer as much regen if we need more. But, we cant know for sure until 3.1 hits the PTR (hopefully this tuesday).
    From what I gather the in combat benefits from spirit will remain the same due to Intensity etc being upped accordingly. If you factor in the 15% increase from Living Spirit and the additional 15% healing from spirit from Imp. Tree Spirit is at least equal to MP5 in overall benefit. I don't expect out of combat mana regen to disappear completely, so there might still be opportunity to dip into it, not to mention Innervate, so abadoning spirit in favor of pure MP5 would be foolish for a resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    * Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
    Go go Power word: Bear!

It'll be interesting to see if they eliminate +Armour staves/maces in future tiers; DPS staves with their superior +FAP (and other threat stats) won't be such a 2nd choice when it comes to mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    "But, we cant know for sure until 3.1 hits the PTR (hopefully this tuesday)."
    And here popped the 3.09..

3.1 wont be this tuesday friendly halfcowish poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph
    Go go Power word: Bear!

It'll be interesting to see if they eliminate +Armour staves/maces in future tiers; DPS staves with their superior +FAP (and other threat stats) won't be such a 2nd choice when it comes to mitigation.
    To be honest, at first sight it looks a buff, but after thinking about it, now it looks like a nerf to me.

Reasons:

1-. This shield is a mitigation proc, it sounds to me like warriors/paladin's block, but the problem that we will get less rage than previously is a big concern to me, specially when I think we are behind paladins in agro generation. If the shield removes part of the damage, then it will also reduce the rage we get.

2-. It will make several tanks to change the gems from full stamina to agility, since we will need more atackpower and crit to get that proc, and so our hp-pool will go down, which is the main reason why we are a good choice for some bosses (sartharion+3drakes for example).

3-. Our tier sets are not designed for bears. I mean we have haste and armor penetration on many parts, and I would like some specific bear stats on it. With this changes, shouldn't Blizzard check again the current tier settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyara
    1-. This shield is a mitigation proc, it sounds to me like warriors/paladin's block, but the problem that we will get less rage than previously is a big concern to me, specially when I think we are behind paladins in agro generation. If the shield removes part of the damage, then it will also reduce the rage we get.
    From what I understand they'll be eliminating shields preventing rage gain so that disc priests no longer have to worry about that. Besides, having so good migation that the rage suffers has always been a concern for rage-based tanks.

2-. It will make several tanks to change the gems from full stamina to agility, since we will need more atackpower and crit to get that proc, and so our hp-pool will go down, which is the main reason why we are a good choice for some bosses (sartharion+3drakes for example).
    And you think it would be a bad idea to have agility to reduce damage taken rather than having a huge HP pool and more healing? Nevermind the fact that the shield probably works on magical damage aswell, unlike block.

3-. Our tier sets are not designed for bears. I mean we have haste and armor penetration on many parts, and I would like some specific bear stats on it. With this changes, shouldn't Blizzard check again the current tier settings ?
    Haste isn't too bad for this purpose since more white attacks = more chances to proc the shield but they need to look into armor penetration for this, agreed. Bears would fare much better with AP.

I see it as, now bears will have to stack stats other than stamina (since agil will now provide a decient amount of mitigation). Which means an indirect nerf to survival instincts + Frenzied Regeneration.

Baiscally, less of a reason to go JC for prismatic +41 stam gems to pick up socket bonus, since stacking agil wont be noob anymore.

I was just trolling the forums, saw a blue post with something like "Calculate SoFT will reduce armor contribution by half (33% 3/3 SoFT)"
    So i did the math. Pretty much only to check what's the leather armor loss, sad to realize its about 6k less (pure leather).

So pretty much it will put tiered druids at about 25-26k armor (depending on your jewlery and agi) which is the same as a warrior or paladin...

Our bullcrap shield absorption is too low, talking about 1200-1300 average from the numbers everyone's posted. Warrs/pallies block for about 2k on the same crap amount of armor bears will get on 3.1.

We get no parry.. so... mmm.

Druids get same armor as plate tanks, a mediocre shield and no parry.

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD.

For anyone interested formula is ((Leather armor *1.33) * 4.7)