Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    WTF !!!!

    # Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests)

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/9/79129...es-in-310.html




    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    30% chance on Shadowbolt, Shadowburn, Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire, Incinerate, Searing Pain and Conflagerate to proc Replenishment, heh.

    Interesting indeed It's because they think it's mandatory, and don't want to force certain classes in the raid. But I wouldn't say it's as stable as shadowpriests.

    "Bring the player, not the class" -- Blizzard Entertainment.

    You got nothing to fear, unless you're a gimp.

  3. #3

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    30% chance on Shadowbolt, Shadowburn, Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire, Incinerate, Searing Pain and Conflagerate to proc Replenishment, heh.

    Interesting indeed It's because they think it's mandatory, and don't want to force certain classes in the raid. But I wouldn't say it's as stable as shadowpriests.

    "Bring the player, not the class" -- Blizzard Entertainment.

    You got nothing to fear, unless you're a gimp.
    The entire weight of that thought rests upon the validity that they balance classes well...

  4. #4

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    I'm am worried about the whole being a gimp thing, and worried about class balance as a whole.

    We top out at say 5500, maybe 6k dps right now..... and no I'm not talking mind searing trash either. However in most progression raids that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18th. While the hunters, warlocks, hell even moonkins are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. No I'm not saying I want to be a hunter or a lock, If i did i'd go get my 70 alt's and lvl them.

    It's fine Blizzard says that replenishment is needed, peachy but our dps has suffered because of it. Giving pure dps classes, hybrid talents defeats this purpose.

    Bring the player not the class, no I tend to disagree. Can you bring people who dont stand in fires and die ? sure you can, but when you have a choice between a 7k dps and a 5k dps on a progression night, that both bring a " needed " buff whom are you bringing ?

    We heard all thru TBC that we were low because of utility and that's now carried over to Wrath. The utility line has been used and driven into the ground about why we are hybrids do less dps. Then again tell those boomkins that and they laugh in your face and starfire you to death.

    I want to be competitive, viable, and useful in a raid. Do I want to top meters, hell sure i do, why else play. Im not asking to be #1 ...just somewhere in the middle of the fray would be nice. < without having to worry about the feral tank spec'ing kitty / pally spec'ing ret for a fight and smoking you in off spec gear >

    Edit : This also brings back the question of why do we have to cast 2 spells to get replenishment up ? give it a per tick chance on VT ticks or something different then if they are giving out to everyone.

    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  5. #5

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    I'm am worried about the whole being a gimp thing, and worried about class balance as a whole.

    We top out at say 5500, maybe 6k dps right now..... and no I'm not talking mind searing trash either. However in most progression raids that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18th. While the hunters, warlocks, hell even moonkins are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. No I'm not saying I want to be a hunter or a lock, If i did i'd go get my 70 alt's and lvl them.

    It's fine Blizzard says that replenishment is needed, peachy but our dps has suffered because of it. Giving pure dps classes, hybrid talents defeats this purpose.

    Bring the player not the class, no I tend to disagree. Can you bring people who dont stand in fires and die ? sure you can, but when you have a choice between a 7k dps and a 5k dps on a progression night, that both bring a " needed " buff whom are you bringing ?

    We heard all thru TBC that we were low because of utility and that's now carried over to Wrath. The utility line has been used and driven into the ground about why we are hybrids do less dps. Then again tell those boomkins that and they laugh in your face and starfire you to death.

    I want to be competitive, viable, and useful in a raid. Do I want to top meters, hell sure i do, why else play. Im not asking to be #1 ...just somewhere in the middle of the fray would be nice. < without having to worry about the feral tank spec'ing kitty / pally spec'ing ret for a fight and smoking you in off spec gear >

    Edit : This also brings back the question of why do we have to cast 2 spells to get replenishment up ? give it a per tick chance on VT ticks or something different then if they are giving out to everyone.

    AGREE 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

  6. #6

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    i agree with you but i still think affliction is still going to be thier #1 dps spec and they are doing changes to warlocks so we will see what they do to affliction till then.

  7. #7

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    just to clarify, that the replenish buff means they will (or did already) nerf mana regeneration.
    It's just a game.

  8. #8

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    We top out at say 5500, maybe 6k dps right now..... and no I'm not talking mind searing trash either. However in most progression raids that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18th. While the hunters, warlocks, hell even moonkins are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. No I'm not saying I want to be a hunter or a lock, If i did i'd go get my 70 alt's and lvl them.
    Could you link a WWS of a warlock or hunter doing close to 8k DPS on a boss?

  9. #9

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    " We balance around the assumption that even 10-player groups have someone offering Replenishment. To make this even easier on players we are likely to offer this ability to additional classes, as well as make sure that existing sources of Replenishment are more equitable. "

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/14910...eneration.html

    Cant wait to see the definition of " equitable "
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  10. #10

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by lolapus
    Could you link a WWS of a warlock or hunter doing close to 8k DPS on a boss?
    Looking forward to it also. Lol dude, listen to your self. 8k dps ? On what ? On 30 seconds fight with BL and all possible cd's, trinkets pots and stuff ? Our hunters and warlocks and mages, arent NEAR enough the 8k. And they are in full iLvL 213 gear. So plese, stop talking crap.

  11. #11

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Both of you need to L2read. I said " are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. "

    There are parses on both WWS and WowMeters of several fights, not Thadius, hitting 7500+. Go look them up.

    Full 213 gear does not equal great dps, it doesn't even equal GOOD dps unless you know WTF2DO.
    Case in point, Alt raid watching a mage in naxx 25 gear spam scorch on Thadius and NOT break 2k.

    Granted, 8k ..ya thats pushing it, best case, best gear, best RNG luck idk. Most I see are in the 5900-6500 range, some more some less.

    However that wasnt the point of the post. IDC who's doing 8k dps, the post was about the warlock replenishment offering to yet another pure dps class.

    Get off your trollbox
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  12. #12

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Replenishment is good. This is a buff for everyone. I am amazed to read such paranoid, speculative and illogical posts about such an obviously positive change.

    "omg but this means a nerf to warlocks!"

    "omg hybrids vs pure!"

    "omg bring the player not the class"

    ....SHUT THE HELL UP!!!


  13. #13

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    Both of you need to L2read. I said " are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. "
    ...
    I'm not trolling. I just wanted to see a WWS of a 7-8k warlock because, well, I'd LOVE to do 7-8k DPS. It seems i misinterpreted you, and I apologize.

    I certainly love replenishment, as 250ish mp5 is a hell of a raid buff. However, I'm a bit disappointed to see it on Improved Soul Leech. Warlocks and Hunters have to take multiple points in a talent that offers no real benefit other than replenishment, whereas the Paladin and Priest talents offer other benefits to the Paladin/Priest.

    Additionally, the Hunter/Warlock versions of replenishment are RNG-based, the Warlock less so, but a 30% chance on spells that are spammed with a <2 second cast time is not the same as 100% on a spell cast every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown on Judgement is.

    I'd like to see them either add Replenishment to a more useful talent (Fire and Brimstone?) and keep the RNG factor (30% chance on Incinerate or something), or leave it on Improved Soul Leech but make it less RNG based (100% chance on Conflag or similar).

  14. #14

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by lolapus
    I'm not trolling. I just wanted to see a WWS of a 7-8k warlock because, well, I'd LOVE to do 7-8k DPS. It seems i misinterpreted you, and I apologize.

    I certainly love replenishment, as 250ish mp5 is a hell of a raid buff. However, I'm a bit disappointed to see it on Improved Soul Leech. Warlocks and Hunters have to take multiple points in a talent that offers no real benefit other than replenishment, whereas the Paladin and Priest talents offer other benefits to the Paladin/Priest.

    Additionally, the Hunter/Warlock versions of replenishment are RNG-based, the Warlock less so, but a 30% chance on spells that are spammed with a <2 second cast time is not the same as 100% on a spell cast every 8 seconds or whatever the cooldown on Judgement is.

    I'd like to see them either add Replenishment to a more useful talent (Fire and Brimstone?) and keep the RNG factor (30% chance on Incinerate or something), or leave it on Improved Soul Leech but make it less RNG based (100% chance on Conflag or similar).
    All good, I too apologize ... I'm not trying to be a jerk, just wanting some ideas as to why utility keeps going out the window yet numbers aren't addressed. Its really early in the process ..meh who knows... call it lack of sleep for flying off the handle.

    VT's clunky hacked version of what it once was, Yes the hunter and lock versions are RNG based, Pallies, well ill just leave that alone =)

    I'd love to see the whole thing revamped, not sure we're going to get it though. They also said " additional classes " ..who knows the next thing you may see is a Rogue Proc'ing replenishment O.o

    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  15. #15

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    As far as i understoo you, you say that you do less dps than a pure dps class, but you have repleneshimen to compensate the lower dps, based on your utlity class. And now you are annoyed that a pure dps class get something that its unique to you. If im wrong, im sorry. Nevermind this. I, as a shaman, should i complain that Bloodlust is raid buff now, and from 2-3 mandatory shamans in a raid, now you can do it with even 1 ? No. Because the game isnt focused around bringing more than or 1 of every class, so you get all the uniqie abilitys. The focus is, that every player in a raid can bring something usefull, and not minding if he is only 1, or they are 3 for example. Im personally glad that more classes get replenishment, because its nice to bring some new things to the class playstyle. Anyways, no hard feelings mate. Cheers.

  16. #16

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    I'm am worried about the whole being a gimp thing, and worried about class balance as a whole.

    We top out at say 5500, maybe 6k dps right now..... and no I'm not talking mind searing trash either. However in most progression raids that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18th. While the hunters, warlocks, hell even moonkins are getting ever closer to that 8k mark. No I'm not saying I want to be a hunter or a lock, If i did i'd go get my 70 alt's and lvl them.

    It's fine Blizzard says that replenishment is needed, peachy but our dps has suffered because of it. Giving pure dps classes, hybrid talents defeats this purpose.

    Bring the player not the class, no I tend to disagree. Can you bring people who dont stand in fires and die ? sure you can, but when you have a choice between a 7k dps and a 5k dps on a progression night, that both bring a " needed " buff whom are you bringing ?

    We heard all thru TBC that we were low because of utility and that's now carried over to Wrath. The utility line has been used and driven into the ground about why we are hybrids do less dps. Then again tell those boomkins that and they laugh in your face and starfire you to death.

    I want to be competitive, viable, and useful in a raid. Do I want to top meters, hell sure i do, why else play. Im not asking to be #1 ...just somewhere in the middle of the fray would be nice. < without having to worry about the feral tank spec'ing kitty / pally spec'ing ret for a fight and smoking you in off spec gear >

    Edit : This also brings back the question of why do we have to cast 2 spells to get replenishment up ? give it a per tick chance on VT ticks or something different then if they are giving out to everyone.

    Don't worry! you can still mass dispell!

  17. #17
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    While I understand the scaryness of being the bottom dps, I don't think it'll go that far. What it also means is you don't nessary need two shadowpriests in a guild anymore (two seems to be the common standard these days.)

    I just lost my wingman, but it seems the warlocks will handle his job in the future

    That fits me somehow a bit better than having to recruit a new player, learning him/her to know, and eventually gear up for Ulduar.

  18. #18

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    I could complain that hybrid dps is buffed to be competative with that of pure classes, but apparently that view is outdated. And yet... when a change is made to give warlocks a replenishment effect all hell breaks loose? Hm

    Yeah btw... ever seen what desto's mana conservation is like? Its non existant. Sure I could spend 1/3 of the raid lifetapping- that would make healers and the dps meters happy. "Bring the player not the class" etc etc blah blah - I can't stand the phrase yet come on - with everything that hybrids got from this with their dps almost equal to classes that cant do F all but dps, this isn't even something they deserve?

    I personally don't care what changes they make as long as I can play my warlock.

  19. #19

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    Being in a raid because the boomkin doesn't want to spec IFF is upsetting... :

  20. #20

    Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

    BTW Mages also proc Replenishment now.

    Mage
    * Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
    Blizzard has screwed this one up. At this point, they need to make the regen from Replenishment simply baseline.

    DPS Priests
    Locks
    Mages
    Hunters
    DPS Pallies

    All proc Replenishment now. Seriously, what is the point of even making this a buff? Build it into all mana classe, like they built Salvation into all tanks once they found it was required for raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •