Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Posted * ANOTHER * Replenishment

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    *graps a shovel and hits Nilinor in the head*

If I do a 10k hit with a 1 second cast, I do 10k dps.
    If a warrior do 270k damage on 100 seconds, he do 2700 dps.

Look at the numbers man, they are perfectly fine. If you're saying HS average hitting for 912 is wrong then you should perhaps play your warrior a bit more.
    As said earlier in this thread, notice the ENTIRETY OF TWO!!!!!! HEALERS IN A TWENTY-FIVE MAN RAID.
    Do your rotation implies to spec Improved Heroic Strike, and spam that more than your other abilities, knowing you'll do more than enough threat on Patchwerk anyway?

Notice how the PROTECTION warrior got DEEP WOUNDS.

Clearly you got trouble grasping what was going on in that raid, because you never ever played on that level of the game before.
    Keep thinking that, shows you know nothing about my character and are grasping at straws to discredit my abilities. That is a sure sign of someone losing an argument :.

If you ever did patchwerk, you would also realize threat isnt an issue as patch stacks threat on the 3 highest targets in melee range constantly throughout the fight. Rotation for damage is different then threat gain, but of course you just assumed I meant threat gain on a fight that doesn't require it. But I forgive you for not understanding, its not your job to tank, so you wouldn't know. Like I said, its not hard to shave off 30 seconds of a fight to inflat damage, I mean, I think this because you still show you got the achievement (which I think they did, dont get me wrong there) but could inflate the level of damage output by doing this. That 30 second difference could have been an error on WWS, I seen little time difference occur before, either to much or to little, without the fault of the user. That 30 seconds lowers the total damage to the 2k dps, which makes more sense for that warrior.

Also.. for the deep wounds thing.. lol. If you think it makes a 500-600dps gain, you got a screw loose in your head,

Deep Wounds did 240 dps on that fight Heroic Strike did 1000 dps, Shield Slam did 500 dps. Revenge did 330 dps.

It all counts up. You still can't grasp it's possible to be better than yourself, I guess that's allright.

But the WWS log is perfectly fine.

I've never actually grabbed Improved Soul Leech on my Lock... avoiding those 5 points (2 for regular, 3 for imp) gives me extra mana from life tap (aff talent), which makes the talent useless :P

I'd be more worried about frost mages :P

Well, frost mages are currently the lowest damage spec you can have as a mage, so giving them Replenishment is hardly going to make them overpowered. They will be doing the same amount of damage as the rest of the hybrids who bring Replenishment, so it's hardly overpowered.

Also, as of now, this is a nerf to frosts DPS, as the talent they removed to replace with the Replenishment one also gave them extra time (and so extra damage) on their water elemental. Of course, this does not really matter, speculating about possible DPS without seeing the full new talent trees is pointless.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by taek
    DPS Priests
    Destruction Warlocks
    Frost Mages
    Survival Hunters
    DPS Pallies
    Fixed it for you.

As far as we know these are the only classes/specs that will be able to grant replenishment. That is 5 specs out of 23 possible dps specs among all classes.

As far as we know these are the only classes/specs that will be able to grant replenishment. That is 5 specs out of 23 possible dps specs among all classes.
    When 3.1 hits, it will be beyond trivial for the pure DPS classes to simply hit a button and go to a replenishment spec.

The idea "23 separate specs" is not accurate in an environment where everyone is running around with 2 of their 3 specs accessible at all times.

When 3.1 hits, it will be beyond trivial for the pure DPS classes to simply hit a button and go to a replenishment spec.

The idea "23 separate specs" is not accurate in an environment where everyone is running around with 2 of their 3 specs accessible at all times.
    And you think all mages, paladins, warlocks, hunters and priests will have a replenishment spec as their secondary spec? No, most of them will have a PvP or grinding spec. Priests will probably go shadow for their secondary alright, but I doubt many players of the other four will.

Deleted

Shadowpriests and Retribution paladins will still be the favored classes for replenishment uptime. I have yet to meet a Survival hunter or Frost mage in a raiding environment. Frost mages already have a way of replenishment, their improved water elemental replenishes mana to all members in a 100yard radius, but frost is nothing compared to FFBbuilds or arcane.

If there is no replenisher in a raid, then yes they may have it available, but personally I wouldn't make a replenish build as my secondary choice, it will either be holy, a greater heal discipline build, or just a simple pvp build.

And we also cant 'hit a button and respec' during a bossfight, this would have to be a choice before combat starts.

True, it will not be possible to respec while in combat, but a quick "hey, we need another healer here, can you swap spec priest? Ok, now we need someone with Replenishment, mage, can you swap over to Frost please?" before the boss fight should solve issues. For priests, you may not want to make Replenishment a secondary build, but other classes like Paladins or Mages may want to make it a part of their secondary build.

Also, they are working ok making frost more of a PVE spec, with comparative DPS to the other two trees, but they are still working out how to do that without making it insane at PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.