Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Divine Plea Change

Since paladins rely less on Spirit as a mana-regeneration stat, we have to address them in other ways. We don’t want to change Illumination or Replenishment. However, we are going to increase the healing penalty on Divine Plea from 20% to 50%. Divine Plea was originally intended to help Protection and Retribution paladins stay full on mana. It should be a decision for Holy paladins, not something that is automatically used every cooldown.
    Seems fair, honestly.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Divine Plea Change

/agree

It will also help *slightly* with those Retnoobs in PvP that actually remember to use their AoW procs....
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I would rather have a 2 min CD. 50% is quite steep.

Bigger of a nerf for Ret pvp than Holy.
    With already mana starvation after a fight that takes more than 1 Holy Light, now our heal ammount x mana ratio is screwed if we needed it.

Its a nerf ... but i dont find it that bad.
    Maybe it will be rough in those really hard fights, but overall i probably wont even notice it. I know the fights enough to know when to use it and when to not use it already.
    The reworking on Spiritual Attunement worries me a LOT more. When there a lot of aoe damage going on i hardly even use Divine Plea.

lol its fine with me as holy.. honestly i try to use it every cooldown.. but if ur good at playing ur class then you will learn to pop it when u drink. and its not like ur healin when u drink ne ways.

As I see it, this change isn't too big of a nerf as opposed to a playstyle change. Many paladins I know just scale their gear to compensate for Divine Plea every single CD. Now they have to think about it and when its best to use it, like most other mana regens in the game.

this should be nice. Nothing more frustrating then fighting a pali team (where i am priest) and I go OOM and the goddamned Pali is near full after healing roughly the same...

Changes the way holy pve will heal..hmm.. i think they should decrease time of it to 10 sec, just double debuff its bit unfair.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by modrn
    lol its fine with me as holy.. honestly i try to use it every cooldown.. but if ur good at playing ur class then you will learn to pop it when u drink. and its not like ur healin when u drink ne ways.
    ???

Not thrilled about this, but you kinda had to see some of this coming. Mp5 went from being somewhat okay to nearly useless for paladins. Any time a single stat(int) is weighted so heavily for a class or a spec, you know a change is in the works.

As stated above, I'm more concerned about Spiritual Attunement.

This'll make PvP much more interesting. PvE, you just make a quick macro to inform other healers that you're MS'd while you regen, and otherwise it should be fine. The more healing-intensive fights might see some trouble, but that's fine; players keep asking for a challenge, neh?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Nice, AoE mortal strike on all friendly targets around you.

I guess it isn't so bad, cause now you actually have to think before using it.
    And it could potentially cause you to lose more mana then you gain.

Good way to seperate the noobs from the decent healer. I approve.

I'm interested to see how this changes the way pallys gear, since Int has been the premier stat mainly because of scaling with divine plea, which will now reasonably be used far less. I actually regemmed into crit recently because my regen was so damned high I couldn't run out of mana and thought it was wasted itemization.

This, along with the other regen nerfs will also effectively silence criticism that content is too easy, since we'll no longer be able to keep dps and tanks up through all of their mistakes and give them all the time they need to down a boss. Should be interesting.

The change to Spiritual Attunement will effect more then just Prot Paladins like Blizzard assumes. For Ret a lot of my mana regen comes from SA and depending on how much they nerf it I could be running out of mana very quickly. I hope they buff JotW to compensate for this. I already run out of mana on some fights even with using a potion.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Nice, AoE mortal strike on all friendly targets around you.

I guess it isn't so bad, cause now you actually have to think before using it.
    And it could potentially cause you to lose more mana then you gain.

Good way to seperate the noobs from the decent healer. I approve.
    This is not true actually, just the Paladins heals do 50% less healing, but if someone else heals while you are using it, it is still for full value unless I have misunderstood something.

Divine plea has no change for rets that i see. I never heal with the 20% healing reduced anyways cause even then the mana cost for healing spells isn't worth it anymore.

If they change spiritual attunement to be any worse, rets going to run oom every boss fight. If I'm running all cooldowns including exorcism and holy wrath, and not taking aoe dmg from the boss, ill go oom even with seal of blood up (and being healed).

They could change consecrate to not be 22% of base mana. what a mana drain.

seems like you guys are getting our hymn of hope treatment, enjoy!

Imo instead of this stupid change they should have made it 80% base mana on a 2 minute CD.

or 40% base mana on a 1 minute CD.

that would keep it fine for ret/prot but nerf the holy pallies who actually need it.

It would be an increases net-gain for prot/ret who need it.

I doubt this 50% less healing will do much in pvp for holy pallies, where any smart player would use it while their partner is CCing or they're trying to get some sips off anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Executis
    This is not true actually, just the Paladins heals do 50% less healing, but if someone else heals while you are using it, it is still for full value unless I have misunderstood something.
    I was talking about the paladin alone.