Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Divine Plea Change

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Imo instead of this stupid change they should have made it 80% base mana on a 2 minute CD.

or 40% base mana on a 1 minute CD.

that would keep it fine for ret/prot but nerf the holy pallies who actually need it.

It would be an increases net-gain for prot/ret who need it.

I doubt this 50% less healing will do much in pvp for holy pallies, where any smart player would use it while their partner is CCing or they're trying to get some sips off anyways.
    40% base on 1 min CD would be evil nerf, and it wouldnt scale with gear anymore. I mean for pveholy.

Doesnt matter to me if its 50 60 70 80 90 100% reduce healing i will still use it anyway lol COZ I WANT MORE MANA

Wow I don't understand how some people think this is alright. First off without Divine Plea on long fights we arent going to be the best single target healers because we will have to use smaller heals to conserve mana etc.. therefore why even bring a pally healer besides for kings blessing. We have hardly any real aoe heals are only plus was that we were the best single target healers, yes and right now it seems fine because raids are so easy but when the new instance are released alot of people will be complaining about mana issues. As for arena without Divine Plea we don't have a chance to outlast a druid or priest healer.

Fine for 25-mans where other healers can pick up the slack, on my 3s team this is going to cause trouble though. The MS effect will ensure that I will be unable to use Divine Plea against most competent teams. And no my partners can't just 'not get hit' for the duration unless we're fighting keyboard turners...

Quote Originally Posted by massivenoob
    Doesnt matter to me if its 50 60 70 80 90 100% reduce healing i will still use it anyway lol COZ I WANT MORE MANA

ITS the reason why i SPAM HOLY LIGHT (GLYPHED) in raids COZ i hate druids who try to GET HIGHER THAN ME ON THE METER BY DOING------ CHEAP wild growth ......

NO!!! druids!! you think your crap wild growth is better than my (GLYPHED) HOLY LIGHT? i dont think so!!!!!

i will spam it all day ....

IF A MAGE loses 1 hp BOOM 15K HEAL 2K2K2K2K2K glyphed try and BEAT THAT DRUIDS!!!!

I JUST LOVE BEATING DRUIDS ON THE HEALING METER it turns me on

priests sorry about circle of healing IM REALLY SORRY

its just paladins and druids now FIGHTING to the death

OMG I HATE WILD GROWTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by massivenoob
    ITS the reason why i SPAM HOLY LIGHT (GLYPHED) in raids COZ i hate druids who try to GET HIGHER THAN ME ON THE METER BY DOING------ CHEAP wild growth ......

NO!!! druids!! you think your crap wild growth is better than my (GLYPHED) HOLY LIGHT? i dont think so!!!!!

i will spam it all day ....

IF A MAGE loses 1 hp BOOM 15K HEAL 2K2K2K2K2K glyphed try and BEAT THAT DRUIDS!!!!

I JUST LOVE BEATING DRUIDS ON THE HEALING METER it turns me on

priests sorry about circle of healing IM REALLY SORRY

its just paladins and druids now FIGHTING to the death

OMG I HATE WILD GROWTH!!!!
    bad troll is bad

15+ Year Old Account

Not a big deal. I wasn't even aware of any ret mana issues. I think the longest fight i've been in so far was 25 man VoA. I could go all out and not have to worry too much about mana.

Sounds fine. Then again, i play ret and protection but i can't see Holy paladins caring to much.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

i dont see a problem with it, im holy and i rarely use it (and i still dont go oom), ill probably just switch back to my mana regen trinket and continue to pop Divine Illumination when i use Divine Plea. 50% reduced holy lights + half the mana cost = still gaining mana and keeping tank alive ;D

if you bring a holy pally just for kings he is a bad paladin, but then again if he is the only pally i could understand. Btw you shouldn't gimp your heals and mana regen for kings.

Quote Originally Posted by perjjxx
    if you bring a holy pally just for kings he is a bad paladin, but then again if he is the only pally i could understand. Btw you shouldn't gimp your heals and mana regen for kings.
    Right, assuming you're the only paladin in the raid - it's 131 modified int/spellcrit, that's 113.1 int/crit pre-modifiers, which stack additively. Thus, 339.3 int gives 3% crit, which is what you're giving up for BoK. With BoK, you get ~150-200 int, that's ~1.5-1.7% crit alone, along with ~100 spellpower and ofc ~1.5-2k mana, then there's the extra raid utility you bring by getting BoK, and so, if you're the only paladin, BoK is better than 3% crit and 2 loose talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Right, assuming you're the only paladin in the raid - it's 131 modified int/spellcrit, that's 113.1 int/crit pre-modifiers, which stack additively. Thus, 339.3 int gives 3% crit, which is what you're giving up for BoK. With BoK, you get ~150-200 int, that's ~1.5-1.7% crit alone, along with ~100 spellpower and ofc ~1.5-2k mana, then there's the extra raid utility you bring by getting BoK, and so, if you're the only paladin, BoK is better than 3% crit and 2 loose talents.
    Im sorry but gaining 200 int from Kings is an overexaggeration imo. Im not in the most amazing gear (about 1/3 213 lvl, the rest 200 lvl epics) and im barely breaking 1200 int with raid buffs. You'd need 1700 int to get 200 int from kings alone, I'd love you to link a profile that even has 1500 int fully raid buffed.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

My Paladin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&n=Amarina

1298 Int
    Plus 37 from MOTW
    Plus 60 from AB
    Plus 10% from BoK
    = 1534

When Greatness procs it's pretty insane. I go up to something like 33400 mana.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Not thrilled about this, but you kinda had to see some of this coming. Mp5 went from being somewhat okay to nearly useless for paladins. Any time a single stat(int) is weighted so heavily for a class or a spec, you know a change is in the works.

As stated above, I'm more concerned about Spiritual Attunement.
    what about SA?

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Pert
    Fine for 25-mans where other healers can pick up the slack, on my 3s team this is going to cause trouble though. The MS effect will ensure that I will be unable to use Divine Plea against most competent teams. And no my partners can't just 'not get hit' for the duration unless we're fighting keyboard turners...

CC. use it when your opponents are CCed.
    Time your heals better.
    and you can always unclick the divine plea spell if you need big heals badly.
    Use offensive spells: judgement, HoJ, exorcism (will affect any targets), re-seal
    use defensive spells: sacred shield, cleanse.

cleanse spam can easily take out 8 sec.

also, use it when your friend has good HP.
    use it when you know you will get hit by CC.

there are so many ways to get full benefit without taking the healing penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    what about SA?
    # In addition, we are also changing the way Spiritual Attunement works. In situations with a large amount of outgoing raid damage, as well as in PvP, this passive ability was responsible for more mana regeneration than we would like. We want to keep the necessary benefit it grants to tanking Protection paladins, while making it less powerful for Holy paladins in PvP or raid encounters with a lot of group damage.

I figured this was coming. The 20% penalty really didnt do much to begin with. As for Spiritual Attunement, I dont see it affecting holy too much even with the glyph. For some raid fights, such as sapp and other bosses in naxx i just put beacon on myself so i dont have to pay attention to my bars.

i like the change better than a full 100% healing debuff, like it was before live came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Straug
    My Paladin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&n=Amarina

1298 Int
    Plus 37 from MOTW
    Plus 60 from AB
    Plus 10% from BoK
    = 1534

When Greatness procs it's pretty insane. I go up to something like 33400 mana.
    props to you, I was trying to get say that you couldn't break 1500 without kings, I just typed it out wrong. Nice gear
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...