Insect Swarm - Worth speccing into/using?

Hey, I'm looking for peoples opinions about IS. Do you guys think it does enough damage to waste a global on? With 2300 SP raid buffed it ticks for about 900. Which is quite a bit for a dot but I feel like I'm losing dps by using a global for it. Even worse if IFF is about to come off all my dots usually are at the same stage, and reapplying 3 instant casts that obviously don't do damage direct damage seems to be a net loss in dps.

What are your opinions?

Re: Insect Swarm - Worth speccing into/using?

I understand your feelings of a net loss of dps however, if you take into consideration of dagae/mana (glyphed or not) it is still one of the most powerfull spells you have. So imo Yes it is worth putting it in rotation.

If you'll excuse the name of the thread, this might help. I'm a farming boomkin (I does grinding round these here parts Sir) so I have zero concept of what's good in a raid. This thread made sense to me though xD

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t41030-m...guide_dummies/

i have killed more hordes with insect swarm than wrath if that helps.......

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Glyphed, Talented, 2piece T7 bonus: Insect Swarm will tick for about the same damage Glyphed, Talented Moonfire does... for only 279 mana ! Thats over half of moonfire's mana cost.
    If you see it that way, its a great Damage Per Mana talent.
    For those few wraths you have to spam to get your Blue Eclipse, Improved insect swarm probably wont make a huuuuge difference. However, the 3% on starfire definitely makes it worth while as a 3 point investment.

I think improved insect swarm, along with the Insect Swarm itself, makes a very good 4 point investment in your talent spec, and a very reliable dot in your rotation
    Boom.