Reworked Holy Shield - What do you think?

Ok so u know the pally prot ability:

Old One:

Holy Shield
    Increases chance to block by 30% for 10 sec and deals 211 Holy damage for each attack blocked while active. Each block expends a charge. 8 charges.
    10% of base mana, Instant cast, 8 sec cooldown

Probably quickest way to explain is to use that same format for my idea, so...

My "New and Improved" Holy Shield

Btw its now called "Holy Shields" (note the added "s")

Increases chance to block by 10% and deals 211 Holy damage for each attack blocked while active. Effect can proc no more than 10 times per 10 seconds.
    10% of base mana, Instant cast, 30min Duration

So basically u would just pop this buff on yourself as well as Righteous Fury and then you're set to tank.

To counter the "burst block" that you lose, i say blizzard to add a baseline ability, rank 1 at say lvl 20:

"Increases chance to block by 20% for 10 seconds" - 20 second cooldown.

I think changing Holy shield to a 30min buff to yourself gives pally tanks back more passive aoe (seeing as the block damage was taken away from blessing of sanc), so pallys can concentrate more on avengers shield and hammer of the righteous etc.

Re: Reworked Holy Shield - What do you think?

realy, realy bad sugestion imo. Holy shiled works fine as it is right now... grants us high mitigation all the time.

as for "Effect can proc no more than 10 times per 10 seconds." now we have 10 times per 8 sec...

""Increases chance to block by 20% for 10 seconds" - 20 second cooldown." trying to make us more like warriors?
    due to the 30% block chance, we can actually reach the old "crush limit", which means we will not get hit directly. the same can not be said for warrios. imo warriors have become more of one lage "oh-shit" ability, where as we can have constant, guaranteed mitigation all the time, why would you even think of changing it?

yiptastic

The existing one is fine.

+ 20% lost in mitigation isn't exact something people will like. It makes gear choices much harder to make.

It would be kind of nice to not have to recast Holy Shield all the time, especially in PvP (Although my 3s partner doesn't use it much, just sticks to his offensive abilities unless he's getting mobbed) Which is where this post is going.

It's a fine idea, but something like a 30 second duration, maybe 1 minute, should be the maximum duration for the same overall mana/mitigation that we see now, just more GCD availability to use on attacks and hands and so on. I also wouldn't mind seeing them bring back that WotLK beta talent that let a prot paladin instantly heal themselves during certain conditions.

I always thought it would be cool to give Paladins a personal damage shield like power word: shield or Sacred Shield that worked with their blocks, say it would absorb 2000 damage after casting Avenger's Shield, but only absorb damage on blocked attacks.

Aaaanyway, the new changes are aimed mostly at PvP and at streamlining the talent tree. Looks like a fun time to be prot.

to make us like any other easy class to play?
    no thx
    prot pallis are easy enough to play already