whats the best and fastest spec to LVL with?

My friend just asked me to finish lvling his disc priest, and I hit 75 then realized i had no idea what, or how I should be doing it.

should I spec shadow? , stay disc?

it's currently 54/0/11

thank you

Re: whats the best and fastest spec to LVL with?

Shadow. Especially if you're 75 and just got Mind Sear for a little aoe damage.

I agree with the folks posting before me for a level 75 priest, but I'm currently rerolling a priest on a new server and the last time i leveled a priest to 60 was in Vanilla I'd like any ideas for what spec I should be leveling as in the baby levels. I'm currently level 23, and I've been going shadow. But now I'm looking at the talent points ahead of me and it looks like I'm only looking forward to Shadow Power (10% shadow damage passive) and Shadow weaving until level 40 when i get shadowform, and I was wondering if maybe disc was better?

I was thinking that the lower mana costs and mana regen while casting would help with downtime, and i get increased damage on all my spells instead of just my shadow spells (holy fire does alot of my damage right now). Perhaps something like this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

Up until level 39, and respec shadow at level 40? Thoughts? or stick with shadow all the way? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Shadow. Especially if you're 75 and just got Mind Sear for a little aoe damage.
    Yup. Currently when I need to farm for quests with shit drop rates, I tag like 5 mobs with pw:shield and put up 2 VE. Then fear, tag another couple and put up as much ve as I can. Target one without ve, redo shield and mind sear till dead. You gain more hp then they deal and you pretty much farm everything. I actually had a couple other players come "help" me thinking I was going to die, then they see my sear tick for 750 damage (rank 1, I have about 1400 sp) and are like "oh"

I would have to say... unhesitatingly... Shadow for the vast majority of people.

The only exceptions would be the rare individuals who roll with a group of people and know that the majority of their time will *not* be alone.

The damage output, sustainability, mana regen, etc... for questing, grinding, etc... all go best in shadow.

Straight down Shadow until Shadowform... then either keep going down shadow... or switch to Disc for Meditation then back to shadow thru 80.

The only differences in specs, would be pve vs pvp choices based on if your going to need some extra tools for world pvp moments (or if you wanna bg)

1-60 was Shadow... 60-70 was holy (did alot of grouping)... 70-80 was shadow (more questing that grouping).

that's my 2c, ymmv
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Shadow hands down.
    But it can get rather boring.
    I would certainly go shadow till at least lvl 40.
    Once you have some talent points under the belt then you might want to look at some other specs to throw a challenge into the mix.
    If you want to just burn to 80 then get straight to shadow form, then 14pts into Disc, then drop pts into shadow till 80.