Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Creative priest suggestions

Oi!

You said you weren't posting on the internet anymore. Shoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Except that even with Poisons we wouldn't touch Curses, although in my opinion, if we can't get Poisons, let me be the class to touch Bleeds.
    Why does everyone ask for stupid things, dispel is powerful as it is, dispels 2 magic buffs or debuffs and it's offensive and defensive too. And what's with that color.. can't you try not to be special and write with a color that doesn't make eyes bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Except that even with Poisons we wouldn't touch Curses, although in my opinion, if we can't get Poisons, let me be the class to touch Bleeds.
    Why don't bandages dispel bleed effects? It makes sense.. and would keep dispel from being OP.

Yes, and when rogue, warrior or feral druid hump you, you can definitely BANDAGE at that time. Come on, why do you suggest such stupid things?

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Yes, and when rogue, warrior or feral druid hump you, you can definitely BANDAGE at that time. Come on, why do you suggest such stupid things?
    you sir, are about retarded. First off, if you survive a rogues initial openers its easy to get them off of you. If a you live long enough to wait out the warrior enrage or whatever then you get to fear them. Druids are a bit harder to get off of you. Its just a suggestion, that could be another tool in the arsenal if used correctly. And by putting the bleed dispel on a bandage, you make it equal across the board so there is no risk of it being considered OP.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Poison dispel is not needed. You can't do everything, stop asking for things that'd make us counter everything. I am fine with having one or two classes that have some edge over me, but I hate having all of the melee classes having the edge over me.

Dispersion should regen mana and HP, allow casting but lower the priests' damage for 30%, similar how pally's bubble work, with damage output penalty. While Dispersed, sp should be immune to interrupts such as kick so we can, finally, do some damage. Dispersion should increase the movement speed by 100% so we can get the distance.
    That means, the priest can still get trapped, cycloned, polymorphed or blinded so it's not an ability that'd make us go godmode for 6 seconds.

Having the Fear on lengthy cd and being unable to utilise Divine Hymn, our fear should have a penalty for being trinketed or ending too early in the form of reducing incoming damage for 50% for the time that fear didn't last for. Meaning, if fear is trinketed in the 1st second - for the remaining 7 seconds damage is reduced by 50% (on the priest).
    I agree with you on the Poison dispel. But you also dont know your class very well.
    Dispersion will never be able to work like that. So you want it to lessen the damage we take by 90% im assuming, increase mana and health regen, allow us to cast, immune to interrupts, and increase movement speed by 100%? You really think that will fly?

Also, the idea for if fear is dispelled using a trinket is already in game. Its called Psychic Horror.

Seriously, learn your class before you talk and bash other people.

a few ideas that i think could work.

1) Dispersion –Reduces All damage taken by 90% and increases movement speed by 100%. The priest is unable to cast while dispersed. (All damage is reduced by 90%, nothing can penetrate it. ie. Pallies, etc. )

2) Blackout – castable 3-6 second stun that has a 30 second to 1min CD.

3) Vampiric Touch- If dispelled early, instantly inflicts the remaining damage.

4) Devouring Plague – If dispelled early, instantly heals the priest for the remaining damage.
    (VT and DP effects could be switched to better match their spell names)

5) New talent/ or added on another talent – Critical hits on the SP place a stacking buff on the priest, that reduces damage taken by 5-10% per stack lasts for 6-10 seconds.

6) (improvement) Psychic Horror - Causes your Psychic Scream ability to inflict Psychic Horror on the target when the fear effect ends. Psychic Horror reduces all damage done by the target by 30% for 6 sec and reduces movement speed by 50-75%. (75% may be a little much).

15+ Year Old Account

Mandui, I just love your achievement sig. :P

Anyway, I tried playing with a Shadow Priest in 2vs2 Arena, but they die way to fast. They are fairly good against casters, but against melee or ranged, they are crap.

I like the idea of Dispersion in it's current state, but just let it heal the Priest in addition to its existing effect. Giving it a movement speed increase is just wrong. Just imagine a Paladin running away with 100% faster runspeed while bubbled. Simply unfair, the Priest can actually run so far he won't even need health regeneration on Dispersion because he will be so far away he can get a couple of heals of.

The ideas of their DoTs damaging or healing them when dispelled early is good, but that doesn't really help against melee classes that can't dispell things, such as Death Knights, Rogues and Warriors.

Shadow Priests should have an ability similair to Feign Death. They are Shadow Priests after all, so why not give them an ability that turns them into a shadow on the ground letting their enemies lose target. They need a little more CC and 'oh sh*t'- abilities. Dispersion is great for PVE, but in it's current state, it's only good in PVP when you have a healer with you.
    Statix will suffice.

Poison dispel is not needed. You can't do everything, stop asking for things that'd make us counter everything.
    That sounded more like asking for something that would make certain other classes not as hard counters to us. Being drained by Viper Sting with the knowledge that all other healers laugh at it is a big deal I think, and knowing that I would do a whole lot better against rogues if I was shorter and beardier doesn't help.

Lawl, GG racials.

Take a look at my change ideas and see what you think.

How about...

Dispersion now also resets all of your shadow spell cooldowns.

The only big CC spells affected by this, silence & fear, are both on diminishing returns with themselves. I know we're all fans of fearing UD rogues only to have them instantly back onto us; this would give us a second, shorter fear to work with.

Possible exploits like using dispersion offensively to chain-silence a paladin or something would be limited since you'd be throwing away your defensive cooldown, and the second silence would be on DR... and it would also allow the shadowfiend to fix some more of our mana sustainability in PVP.

Oh, and the shadowform fade talent needs to be baseline. Make the current talent cause fade to work like freedom for the duration of its buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Word: Exile. Instant, 2 min cooldown. (Somewhere in the Shadow Tree.)

The soul of your target is exiled from the body, rendering it incapacitated for up to 10 seconds. Any damage caused other than by your damage of time abilities or the re-applying of your damage of time abilities will remove the effect. Can only be used while in Shadowform.
    Statix will suffice.

I really liked the idea with Dispersion resetting all your cooldowns. I think they would have to put Shadowfiend back at 5 minutes cooldown though or it would be too easy to manage your mana in PvE.

There are lots of cool ways you could come up with to improve shadow and holy in PvP really. Whatever they do I simply hope that it won't be too boring.

For holy, make levitate break snares or increase run speed, make Holy Nova castable while stunned, make Smite apply the old Chastise, make the Holy Fire dot act as a snare... C'mon, there's plenty to work with here, don't just make Test of Faith reduce damage taken by 2/4/6%.

Blackout (shadow talent) - Your Shadow Wordeath spell drains a maximum of 20/40/60/80/100 of your target's energy, rage or runic power.

Blackout (shadow talent) - Your Shadow Wordeath spell puts all your opponent's spells and abilities on cooldown for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds if they normally have a cooldown. (Wouldn't put like Frostbolt or Backstab on cooldown, because they don't have any.)

Deleted

Shadowpriests should get mana back every time one of the dots is dispelled. They are too easy to dispell, and are driving us oom very fast.
    Fade should make spriest immune to all snares for it's duration.
    Dispersion should make us immune, dropping all the debuffs.
    Whenever the priest is hit by a melee or ranged attack (while in shadowform), there is a change that your next Vampiric touch (or mabye MB?) becomes instant cast (tbh when spriest is nuked, our damage is gimped by 80% atm).
    Vampiric embrance is a passive. However, doesn't tick from AoEs.
    Mindflay adds a stacking debuff for the enemy, slowing it's movement speed by 10%. Applys allways when MF ticks, and stacks 5 times. Lasts 10 seconds.

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion.

EDIT: Allright, when I'm thinking about this, that new MF would be too powerfull with the BoF- fade. But that new MF sounds pretty hot, that would also give us some dot protection since shadow weaving was taken from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstone2005
    bullshit..
    Yet another wannabe witty guy waiting to show his, oh so creative wannabe flaming posts. Well, unlike you, I don't want to brag in /g how I got 1400 rating as shadow. But by all means, do know your class and do flame around having 1400 playing vs green geared rogues.

Oh by the way, scrubs such as yourself who never experience good games is what's ruining the pvp, you play against clickers (you're probably one yourself) and you think it's all fine.

Btw. Psychic Horror isn't what I suggested, maybe you can work your genius brain to read the both and try to see the difference.