Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Kings is baseline

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i dont like the new exorcism and im not changing my mind that fast on it.
    Freedom of opinion is a basic right for everybody

I was not trying to change your mind, just explaining why - for me - the change makes sense, lore-wise.

then i want to use exorsism on my mother-in-law! :>
    Use Crusader Strike instead!

... but since players arent posessed, they shouldnt be able to get a exorcism.
    Unless they are gnomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gosig
    Unless they are gnomes!
    Particularly because they are gnomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Long time coming. Now I don't feel crappy in 5 mans when I use my raid build (51/0/20) for more crit and have no kings to show for it.
    Amen to that, Brother!

they made Kings basseline but it doesn't say it's the 10% version. it could be the 2% version with an improved talent still there (like Mark of the Wild for druids)

also the 10sec HoJ for prot is false. they said they were reducing ranks for Imp HoJ which most likely means they are lowering the reduction from that talent. What i hope is that it's 2 ranks for 10/20 and then again for prot where it's a 20sec HoJ, that would be nice.

speculation is that imp HoJ is only gonna be 10sec and making it 30sec with JotJ prot talent.

I don't really think they would force someone to put more then 2 points into imp kings. More than that would screw with holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynic
    Paladins are about faith. If your faith tells you to exorcise this or that, you use it's power and do so.
    Tricky moral ground there. If you think someone is evil does that mean that you have the right to kill them despite having no proof? And who are you to judge who is evil anyway, considering you are the one going around killing random people...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Tricky moral ground there. If you think someone is evil does that mean that you have the right to kill them despite having no proof? And who are you to judge who is evil anyway, considering you are the one going around killing random people...
    Lawful Evil - You are evil because I say you are! Now burn heretic! BUUURRRRNNNN!

Besides, this works well in WoWs cliche setting of moral ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutfist
    You reply like a retard.

Stay on topic.

So, now we just need to make sure they don't act stupid and nerf kings down to hell.
    No, YOU reply like a retard.

They're not going to nerf kings because they're giving it to all pallies. Its just an ease issue. Why would they nerf it? Its like removing salv and buffing tank threat, they're just making the game better. Now you don't have to waste 5 points for one buff.

Quote Originally Posted by fendrix
    Lawful Evil - You are evil because I say you are! Now burn heretic! BUUURRRRNNNN!

Besides, this works well in WoWs cliche setting of moral ambiguity.
    Hehe, just judge everyone as evil and call it a day? I thought that Paladins in the old DnD games had to be Lawful Good, or Lawful Stupid, and if they went against their alignment they lost all of their holy abilities :P
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Hehe, just judge everyone as evil and call it a day? I thought that Paladins in the old DnD games had to be Lawful Good, or Lawful Stupid, and if they went against their alignment they lost all of their holy abilities :P
    This is WoW though and there is so much moral ambiguity that you could cut it with a spoon.

Besides, there would be no paladins in the Scarlet Crusade if this was true.

more improvments to the retribution tree imo!

cooms

i dont play a pally but i can say this is good news as kings is very nice in raids and as a tank i would love if they could move blessing of Sanc up the tree more so that its open also because my 25 raids almost never have a protadin and BoS is crazy good for tanks. ill cross my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by cooms
    i dont play a pally but i can say this is good news as kings is very nice in raids and as a tank i would love if they could move blessing of Sanc up the tree more so that its open also because my 25 raids almost never have a protadin and BoS is crazy good for tanks. ill cross my fingers.
    It's possible that BoSanc will be nerfed/changed in some way this patch as well. I'm not sure if the damage reduction or the mana/rage/energy gain is the part that Blizzard considers too powerful to make it a required talent for 25 man raids. This might not happen as warriors are being given some additional rage-gain-on-dodge and parry type mechanic (or they're considering it).

Sanc is really a great buff. I'd much rather see its' uses be spread around to other tanking classes instead of nerfing the ability itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    ...and there was much rejoicing.
    Now I don't want to hear any of that "it'll only be 2/4%" mumbo jumbo. I want the FULL kings, and imp might without speccing for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hipponater
    You type like a retard.
    We all hope you fall in a well..

.. in the middle of a forest
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

From the way they have been giving out base line spells in the past, Kings will be full 10%. If its not, well, shame on Blizzard.

If god is the devil pretending to be god, does that not effectively explain the inquisition????

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Redirect your drooling open-mouthed PvP exorcism comments in these conveniently made forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=38101.0
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=38141.0

The header of this thread is "Kings is baseline" I don't know how you could read that and think "Rawr, exorcism! Arena, ooh shiny!" and click on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    It's possible that BoSanc will be nerfed/changed in some way this patch as well. I'm not sure if the damage reduction or the mana/rage/energy gain is the part that Blizzard considers too powerful to make it a required talent for 25 man raids. This might not happen as warriors are being given some additional rage-gain-on-dodge and parry type mechanic (or they're considering it).
    It's the rage return portion. 3% extra mitigation isn't game-changing and it doesn't stack if the raid has a disc priest to heal anyway. Honestly I don't think it matters much on real boss encounters, just the mundane trash that doesn't hit hard enough to generate rage. Blizzard seems to think tanks should have a separate set of gear just to clear trash more efficiently but that's so ridiculously tedious most people would rather bemoan not having sanctuary. Can't say I blame them so if they change it in some way it would be a welcome addition.

I think the runic gain portion is also absurdly OP but that's not surprising seeing how nothing about DK's seems to work correctly.

Well if you explain it that way, the simple fix in my opinion would be to change BoSanc to only award mana. Now give warriors a rage on dodge/parry (don't they already have something similar for blocks?) and make rune strike cost no RP (still activates on dodge/parry).

Additionally, warriors gain rage through absorbed damage, meaning less rage problems when priests/pallies put their shields on you.

Might work out as a minor nerf to DK's as they could theoretically dodge/parry twice in the space of an auto-attack, but the chance and impact for that would be minor.