Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Paladin/Ret Paladin Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by reallybignoob
    15 second cooldown is gay they need to change it or lower it
    Yes, sir, you are a ReallyBigNoob. Honestly I don't know how Paladins are doing in PvE because I've not raided with many but in PvP Retribution and Holy specs are just fine. Holy is in fact OP and Ret (since being adjusted) is still a big player in arena. The buffs to Prot are pretty cool though freaking huge.

The change to Exorcism however is freaking stupid IMO and from a Warlock point of view. I wouldn't really care at ALL except that:
    (a) it has a 30yd range and non-Holy Paladins are supposed to be a melee class.
    (b) they buffed Warlock pets and now this spell will always crit on them.
    (c) this will just make the Demonology tree's end talent more useless around Paladins.
    (d) and since this will scale for Holy damage it is probably going to make Holy Paladins a pretty big DPS threat in PvP (I'm guessing about this though and am not sure how it will scale with spell power/talents).

Honestly, the exorcism change will help Rets a bit but it really doesn't matter. If a person knows how to gear out/gem/enchant/play a ret right, they will be competitive dps. Judgements are what carry us anyway, all the other attacks are there just to prop up the dps. When you're doing 10k+ judgment crits (if you really gear out your ret completely then you should be pushing 12-13k crits if procs and RNG are on your side), then the exorcism change really only looks like a minor convenience.

i like how everyone talks about Exorcism change and no real mention about the other changes. (still b*tching about Ret/Holy when most changes are prot related...) :

I'm finnaly Viable as a Prot pally and you guys just b*tch about ret/holy having an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    i like how everyone talks about Exorcism change and no real mention about the other changes. (still b*tching about Ret/Holy when most changes are prot related...) :

I'm finnaly Viable as a Prot pally and you guys just b*tch about ret/holy having an interrupt.
    Well I don't even play a Paladin and not only did I mention the Prot changes but I'm excited for them because it makes that spec PvP viable now. However, while people seem to be at extremes about Exorcism's use I guess it's all relative to which aspect of the game you prefer: in PvE it's uses are minimal however in PvP the ramifications (assuming it can hit Undead players and Demon form Warlocks, not to mention Warlock pets, for a crit every time) are extreme.

Changes to SA are going to hurt Rets. Thats really all I care about. Mana regen is tight as is, so the change will make it even tighter.

Just because Holy Paladin/DK is an obvious outlier in Arena doesn't mean Ret Paladins are "falling behind". The way burst has been so far has heavily favored classes with crazy amount of defense. DK's have almost zero offensive trade offs to the crazy amount of defensive abilities they have. Combine that with the holy paladin and it's gg.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC