Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Season 6 Itemization and rating requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    If the only reason you play WoW is for PvP then you are playing the WRONG game.
    Kinda agree, but there is more to it than that. I wish I could PvP and have fun, but Arena isn't that, but I won't just switch MMO. No way. Starting all over, in another game entirely, is not something appealing at all for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976
    New tier of tokens from Ulduar? They did hint that there would be a new type for greater gear (ie. can't acquire tier 8-level stuff with tier 7 tokens). I'm just guessing here, though.
    they didn't merely hint at it, they've been directly saying "there will be separate tokens per tier" the whole damn time, the only people thinking otherwise are the BC thinking scrubs that want to keep using their heroism tokens for their tier 8 equivalent items and just stand around going "lalalalalala i can't wait for new items on the heroism vendor" despite what is being said to the contrary the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigamie
    you forget that you can trade valor for heroism...
    that is "down" not "up" in ilvl, merely so people can keep spending badges on orbs/gems/mount if they dont have it yet, etc without running just heroics or 10mans to do it (wasn't this conversation beat up pretty good already back when they put it in?)

wtf, can people stop bitching about VOA.

Who actually geared up using VOA??? I've been doing this every week and I've only ever won one piece in 25 man voa, and one piece in 10 man. Oh yeah it was Pvp gear...

Its on a one week cooldown, so who can realistically gear up using this? QQ less please.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    blizzard uses this to name stuff :P :-*
    I'm looking forward to Emblem of Win and Emblem of Big Win...
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

What about deadly weapons?

My small guild raided Naxx10 and now we are going to pug Naxx25. When Ulduar comes out, we will be raiding Ulduar10.

My question is: is Naxx25 pointless for us? Are we stuck into 10man content? The reason I ask is if Ulduar10 drops are the same as level as Naxx25 drops, will we find ourselves with the same situation where heroic epics are parity to Naxx10 epics? So raiding Naxx25 will start limiting the benefit we get out of Ulduar10 when 3.1 hits?

If the only reason you play WoW is for PvP then you are playing the WRONG game.
    Evidently Blizzard agrees. I should consider taking their advice then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    wtf, can people stop bitching about VOA.

Who actually geared up using VOA??? I've been doing this every week and I've only ever won one piece in 25 man voa, and one piece in 10 man. Oh yeah it was Pvp gear...

Its on a one week cooldown, so who can realistically gear up using this? QQ less please.
    /agree

I think it's good that the less hard core players can still get some gear maybe, besides the chances aren't good that your class will even get gear, let alone the set you want.
    So I mean I'm no mathematician but let's see here 8 classes x (2 sets x 5 pieces of gear per set)
    8x 10 = 80
    So I think, let's say you're going for a certain piece of gear pve hunter gloves for example
    your odds should be... 1/80 + 1/80 + 1/80... or in other words 3 chances to get a piece of gear that has a 1/80 chance of dropping
    or... 1/26.67 But that's not even factoring in if there are other people in the raid that need it too.

So... let's say there are three of you and you all need it. 1/26.67 x 1/3 = oh snap look at that you're back up to 1/80.

But like I said I'm no mathematician so I dont even know if m math is right I just think it is. Either way your chances of getting any gear are slim.

k, lets think about this for a sec. Naxx 10 is level 200 items, so is obsidian sanctum. Naxx 25 is the half tier higher at 213. however malygos 10 is lv 213 and malygos 25 is 226. Uldaur is not on the same level as malygos. I think blizz will have ulduar 10 at a new in between level like 220.

is anyone seeing my logic. I mean lv 226 is then tier 8 level, so malygos is tier 8. does not make too much sense

ulduar 10 will be lv 226, and 25 will be level 239

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot
    My small guild raided Naxx10 and now we are going to pug Naxx25. When Ulduar comes out, we will be raiding Ulduar10.

My question is: is Naxx25 pointless for us? Are we stuck into 10man content? The reason I ask is if Ulduar10 drops are the same as level as Naxx25 drops, will we find ourselves with the same situation where heroic epics are parity to Naxx10 epics? So raiding Naxx25 will start limiting the benefit we get out of Ulduar10 when 3.1 hits?
    Blizz said that their current iLevel 200 and iLevel 213 items might have too much haste and/or armory penetration. Also some items might not have stats like strength. My thoughts are that the Ulduar gear no matter the item level will be better itemized for your character. I don't remember the exact post but I imagine someone on here with some time on their hands can find it.

So even if you run Ulduar 10 man you may find some 213 level stuff that is better itemized than your current Naxx 25 stuff even though it has a different item level. There is always room to fill itemization holes too.

So Does this mean that Hateful does not req a Rating? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Skubo
    What about deadly weapons?
    Same Question .

Great changes I think, with the rating screwing.
    Oh, and hurray for the confirmation of new emblems from heroics there as well. Looking to be a good patch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathyl
    Great changes I think, with the rating screwing.
    Oh, and hurray for the confirmation of new emblems from heroics there as well. Looking to be a good patch now.
    I don't think heroics are going to start dropping the new emblems. I didn't see that anywhere. Where did you see that?

It won't be quite as easy to get deadly items via emblems of conquest as hateful items currently are via emblems of valor
    Heroics won't. Emblems of Conquest are mentioned for new gear though, likely dropping from Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot

My own logic behind this is this:

Wouldn't be surprised if Ulduar10 will be ilvl 213 (a tier up), with the end boss being ilvl 226 and Ulduar25 being ilvl 226 and the end boss being ilvl 239. Gives a smoother progression in zones. ea. being full Naxx25 gives you the readiness for Ulduar25. This to me seems really logical point of view. It would still fit with itemization, giving some Ulduar10 drops better stats then Naxx25.

Current Heroic Epic and Naxx10/Sath10(without 2+ drakes) are ilvl 200.
    Malygos10, kelthuzad10, Naxx25, Sath25(without 2+ drakes), Ulduar10-endboss are ilvl 213.
    Malygos25, Kelthuzad25, Sath25+2D+, Ulduar10 End Boss, Ulduar25 are ilvl 226
    Ulduar25-endboss will be ilvl 239

edit:
    I would be surprised if they kept the current ilvl, giving Ulduar25 the same ilvl as Naxx25... but I doubt it would happen.

tier 8 loot from archavon, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are assuming that VoA 2.0 will be easy. It might not be. You also are reading way to much into the "Uludar will be harder than Naxx" comment made by Blizzard. Naxx25 IS NOT HARD. All Uludar would have to have in order to be harder than Naxx is fights that require you to actually move and dps at the same time. Also, there is a reason there is a hard mode in all of Uludar to appease the hardcore raiders and its not because the place won't be casual friendly.
    Yup.
    Keep in mind, the reason VoA is easy is because it's TUNED easy.
    Adjust a few numbers here and there and you've actually got a Brutalus-style encounter; knock a minute or two off the enrage timer, boost his damage output a little and you're there. Ok so there's no meteor slash, but it still requires 2 tanks and does some nasty AoE.

The reason Naxx is easy is because they removed most of the hardest bits, and tuned to easy the rest. Once, Grand Widow's Rain of Fire was something to stay out of, Maexxana's wall web was fatal, Sapphiron mostly REQUIRED Frost Res, and so forth. Now it's a joke.

We've seen it before; the way to make the instance harder is to require people to move properly (Council, KJ). To require high enough DPS or be stuck there all night (Brut, M'uru). To require no-one to die or it's corpse-run time. (Archi) To have long encounters which aren't over in 3 minutes, before your healers even come close to OOM.

They know how much DPS Naxx-farming raids are doing, how much healing they can expect on the tank, how hard the tank can be hit. They know how much HP tier 7 raiders have so they can easily design bosses on Najentus / Supremous level. That's where i'd expect the difficulty level to be, at least on the first few "normal mode" bosses. At least 1 boss doing HEAVY raid AoE damage, at least 1 boss involving not standing in fire; if people can't manage that they shouldn't be in there. I'm NOT expecting a BT clone, but i'd expect that's where the difficulty will start.

"Hard mode" should be more like Bloodboil, RoS, Kalecgos, Archimonde, etc. Perhaps some impossible-with-current-gear hard-modes, that'll either eventually be nerfed or out-geared.

/edit
    on-topic, as others have said, the item levels will start at KT/Malygos levels, and increase further in and for "hard mode". How high the item level for the last boss on "hard mode" will be remains to be seen, 239 for normal probably, 252 for hard mode perhaps? There'll probably be a new level of badges for 25-man, while the 10-man will probably use the Naxx25 tokens, as they'll just end up duplicating half the items otherwise, and dalaran will be overrun by epic badge vendors. The new items available from tokens probably won't be higher than 226.