classcolored lines/border

! i have no programming skills whatsoever so please be gentle with me !

i have a, i hope, simple question: how can i make a classcolored line (horizontal and/or vertical)?

the goal is to make a border around my minimap (using sexymap, square shape) using 4 lines in classcolor. even better would be a border made up in 1 piece tho. how would i do that? the lines/border must take on classcolor automaticly when i relog to another alt.
    i have tried eepanels2 but that seems overcomplicated for what i need and i could color a border using a colopicker, but there are no predefined classcolors. besides it would color the border in the same color for all my toons, not what i want.

is there another (simpler) addon i could use that would solve my problem?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: classcolored lines/border

The only real option here would be to use kgPanels or eePanels, and use a script on it that changes the color of the borders when you log on.

like i said, i have tried eepanels2 with no success. any ideas/exemples on how i could carry out my ideas in eepanels2/kgpanels? please keep it simple because i have no understanding of lua.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

You'll have to do a little searching. I've had no desire to have color-changing borders, back when I used eePanels, or now that I use kgPanels (since eePanels hasn't been updated in such a crazy long time, and kgPanels is better at what it does anyway).

There are places out there, on wowace, wowinterface, and possibly here on mmo-champion, where people have done border-color-changing scripts on frames. You'd just have to find one of those and modify it so it works for you.

Most of the ones I've seen change color based on the person being targetted, so you'd have to change it so it works based on your class, not your target's.

i have done a (fair) bit of searching and found a little addon called "sep". a bit stripped down it consistes of 2 .lua files, core.lua and panels.lua.

core.lua:
    Code:
    SEP = {} 

function SEP:CreatePanel(fname, fparent, fstrata, flevel, fwidth, fheight, fcolor, fpoints) 
    	  local f = CreateFrame("Frame","SEPP_"..fname,UIParent) 
    	  f:SetParent(fparent) 
    	  f:SetFrameStrata(fstrata) 
    	  f:SetFrameLevel(flevel) 
    	  f:SetWidth(fwidth) 
    	  f:SetHeight(fheight) 
    	  f:SetBackdrop({bgFile = "Interface/Buttons/WHITE8x8", insets = { left = 0, right = 0, top = 0, bottom = 0 }}) 
    	  f:SetBackdropColor(fcolor.r, fcolor.g, fcolor.b, fcolor.a) 
    	  for i,v in pairs(fpoints) do 
    	    f:SetPoint(unpack(v)) 
    	  end 
    	end
    panels.lua:
    Code:
    -- classcolors
    local color = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass("player"))] 

-- MiniMap
    --[[
    SEP:CreatePanel(
    	"mapC",Minimap,"BACKGROUND",2,10,10,{r=color.r,g=color.g,b=color.b, a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",Minimap,"TOPRIGHT",1,2},{"BOTTOMLEFT",Minimap,"BOTTOMLEFT",-2,-1}}
    )

"map",Minimap,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",Minimap,"TOPRIGHT",2,3},{"BOTTOMLEFT",Minimap,"BOTTOMLEFT",-3,-2}}
    )

"mapS",Minimap,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=.5},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",Minimap,"TOPRIGHT",3.6,2},{"BOTTOMLEFT",Minimap,"BOTTOMLEFT",-2,-3}}
    )
    --]]

-- Bottomline

"VChat",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",14,175},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",13,21}}
    )

"VChatC",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",2,10,10,{r=color.r,g=color.g,b=color.b,a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",12,175},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",11,21}}
    )
    --[[
    	"VChatS",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=.5},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",24,100},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",20,20}}
    )
    --]]
    	"HChat",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMRIGHT",-14,20},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",11,19}}
    )

"HChatC",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",2,10,10,{r=color.r,g=color.g,b=color.b,a=1},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMRIGHT",-14,22},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",11,21}}
    )
    --[[
    	"HChatS",UIParent,"BACKGROUND",1,10,10,{r=0,g=0,b=0,a=.5},
    	{{"TOPRIGHT",UIParent,"BOTTOMRIGHT",-59,22},{"BOTTOMLEFT",UIParent,"BOTTOMLEFT",21,18}}
    )
    --]]
    the "bottom line" section draws a vertical line in the bottom left of my screen and a horizontal line at the bottom. the 2 lines touch in the bottom left corner. the lines are in classcolor and there also is a black line suggesting a shadow.
    the "minimap"section has a bit of an annoying effect; when i remove the comments while online in wow and do a "/reload ui", a classcolored line appears around my minimap. however, when i log out and log in again (to the same or to another character), all i see is a classcolored square over my minimap. as stated before, i know nothing (well, very very very little) about .lua programming, but i understand from the code the square has background strata so how can it be on top of my minimap???

can anyone please help me and shed some light on this? i was so happy to have found an addon that looked like it could do the job, it turns out it can only do 1/2 of it

edit: for those who want to try this out, here's sep.toc:
    Code:
    ## Interface: 20300
    ## Title: SEP |cffE6F0FC0.1|r
    ## Notes: Someone else's problem
    ## Author: 

core.lua
    panels.lua

Check to see if there is an option to raise the strat for the minimap, its possible it's set to background to....

i checked, there's no such option in sexymap.