Bring back drums!

Why don't they bring back drums....i am so sick of LW'n being a completely worthless profession. They should just make the drums raid wide and have a CD just like BL. The mechnic is already in the game and this would prevent having the need for everybody having LW in your raid...

Sigh i hate when they put something so nice in the game and it gets overused and they just drop it out of the game rather than making it a simple change..

Koumaru

Re: Bring back drums!

They took the drums out, along with weapon oils and sharpening/weight stones and chain potting so that they would no longer be a factor in raid tuning.

While I agree that the drums were "fun" to a point, they were a necessary casualty of the new "consumables-lite" raid tuning paradigm. If outside buffs are available, Blizzard's encounter designers assume they'll be used in an encounter when they tune its difficulty.

I'm not sure how you can call leatherworking useless. You get your 32-point profession perk from the fur lining "enchants" to bracers. If you think that you as a leatherworker are being cheated, take up tailoring or engineering...

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    They took the drums out, along with weapon oils and sharpening/weight stones and chain potting so that they would no longer be a factor in raid tuning.

While I agree that the drums were "fun" to a point, they were a necessary casualty of the new "consumables-lite" raid tuning paradigm. If outside buffs are available, Blizzard's encounter designers assume they'll be used in an encounter when they tune its difficulty.

I'm not sure how you can call leatherworking useless. You get your 32-point profession perk from the fur lining "enchants" to bracers. If you think that you as a leatherworker are being cheated, take up tailoring or engineering...
    At least they get mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    i am so sick of LW'n being a completely worthless profession.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?search=Fur+Lining#recipes
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Drums were a nice perk for the entire group.

People who are arguing that the 32 point 'bonus' is good enough. Lets not forget that the PARTY dps increase from drums. And that you could rotate it with member.

Yes, leatherworking got nerfed. But it was WAY OP if you had a good number of raid members with it. That's really why crafting buffs got removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    Here's why that fails and Blizzard will soon admit it.

They already now tune the raids to the lowest possible common denominator. So, the top guilds will still clear it within hours of release... case in point, all of WotLK cleared in 2 days from release.

So, I say the extra buffs and consumables should come back. The guilds who already do the content without them and gear 10 levels too low don't need them, but for the people who aren't "all that" the buffs will help them out quite a bit. Leave the raids tuned as if extra buffs do not exist.

It's a win-win, no one can argue otherwise, not even Blizzard. Changes is coming, trust me.

The problem was that the buffs given by drums were unmatched by any other profession, making LW a mandatory profession for anyone on the cutting edge. No drums allows more versatility in professions, which isn't a bad thing.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollpatrol
    The problem was that the buffs given by drums were unmatched by any other profession, making LW a mandatory profession for anyone on the cutting edge. No drums allows more versatility in professions, which isn't a bad thing.
    Again, given the approach Blizzard takes to raid tuning now, there is no such thing as min-maxing, you simply don't need to and you're a fool if you do. There should be ample extra buffs available from professions and numerous other sources (Winterfall Firewater for example). No reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaeraun
    At least they get mounts.
    Yeah, that's just "so" overpowering :
    1: They can't be used in most raid instances anyway.
    2: Even if you could use them, they aren't faster than any others.
    3: Even if you could use them and just needed the 2 passenger bit for engineering, you could have bought a travellers tundra mammoth for a few gold more and have vendors or 2 seats instead of 1.
    4: Engineer mount is not bind on pickup anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Yeah, that's just "so" overpowering :
    1: They can't be used in most raid instances anyway.
    2: Even if you could use them, they aren't faster than any others.
    3: Even if you could use them and just needed the 2 passenger bit for engineering, you could have bought a travellers tundra mammoth for a few gold more and have vendors or 2 seats instead of 1.
    Someone had to say it. lol

divided

LOL at the recommendation of Tailoring or Engi over LW. Go Enchanting/JC or BS/JC. Best two profs for any class.

How many "I wish my proff was better then everyone elses" threads are we going to make?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    The hog isnt but what about the rofl copter
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

id love for them to bring them back, thinks that drums, pots, and all that were one of the reason i enjoyed fights like brutallus. doing everything you can to squeeze out that extra bit of dps, rotating drums in groups and stuff was fun. even if they put a CD on it like BL is, it would still be a nice bonus to have.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!