Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How to keep my addons up to date?

I have lots of addons from different websites (curse, wowace, wowinterface) and I am wondering if there's a way to keep them updated.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: How to keep my addons up to date?

Wowmatrix is your answer!

It probably has most oh the addons you need.

keep away from wowmatrix! all the goldsellers and levelling services adds on the site should make clear why!
    i have and use dozens of addons, i just check the site u use too on a daily bases to check for updates. dont have much fate in automatic updaters, but curse's updater seems ok tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sjeepsjifter
    keep away from wowmatrix! all the goldsellers and levelling services adds on the site should make clear why!
    i have and use dozens of addons, i just check the site u use too on a daily bases to check for updates. dont have much fate in automatic updaters, but curse's updater seems ok tho.
    Don't listen to that dickhead, Wowmatrix is the #1 updater atm.
    And we all know that Curse client was just a giant fail.

Wowmatrix is what I use. Works perfectly and you wont find much better. Despite all the people saying to not trust it... ignore that bull. It is very safe as they upload directly from the creators website.

Ohh the curse client, the one that put a nice little trojan on all the computers of the people who updated questhelper awhile back???

people who use questhelper deserve trojans. but yea, wowmatrix is great, you'll never need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny
    Don't listen to that dickhead
    you might not agree but is that a reason for foul language?

these days people don't need reasons for foul language. at least kids don't. just nerdrage. L2 ignore idiocy, it'll stop you developing an ulcer from this website.

Were you really offended by the word "dickhead"?

If so, then please get the fuck out of these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar
    Were you really offended by the word "dickhead"?

If so, then please get the fuck out of these forums.
    is dickhead an inoffensive word?

edit: grow up?

Wowmatrix is what you need I have tried both Wowmatrix and
    Curse Client and IMO Wowmatrix is way better no setup needed
    just install wait for It to do what it has to do and click update
    =GG and it has a nifty search tab I highly reccomend Wowmatrix.

@sjeepsjifter: gtfo my thread, I checked it myself right now and it's nothing like you describe.

@Ektoplasme, Tóny, coolcatchris, Nawramsti: thanks

@spitfire668: when did that happen? because my account got hacked some time ago

And.. idd, curse client isn't that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    @spitfire668: when did that happen? because my account got hacked some time ago
    Sometime late November.

@ miLl3niUm: its not like you can decide who can post in "your" thread and who cant.

@ miLl3niUm: its not like you can decide who can post in "your" thread and who cant.
    No, unfortunately I can't, but that doesn't give you the permission to post crap.

the good thing about wowmatrix is that if you downloaded a custom ui, it wont overwrite the settings for each addon, only thing it does overwrite would be sharedmedia folders all of your custom borders and stuff go bye bye, but i just make a backup of them in a separate folder and copy paste it in.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

WoWMaxtrix is full of fail.

It steals traffic from the big addon websites (which costs them money) and makes money with it's own ads while doing so. In addition (afaik) it doesn't even show the authors of the addons.

I can agree that it does work properly but what happens in the background is simply not okay.

IMHO you should not be using WoWMatrix.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account

Manually installing them is the best and safest way of doing it. That way you know what is being installed and don't have to worry about it.

A little more time to install an addon seems better than taking a chance at getting a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    WoWMaxtrix is full of fail.

It steals traffic from the big addon websites (which costs them money) and makes money with it's own ads while doing so. In addition (afaik) it doesn't even show the authors of the addons.
    The version I have does show the authors and gives a direct link to their website.

While I, too, think WoWMatrix is a dirty business and don't think you should use it - you've got to admid that the sites hosting this stuff are kindda at fault themselves.

The Curse Client is a good example of why people use WoWMatrix. As has already been mentioned, it infected people with a trojan. That's pretty bad in and of itself, but have anyone ever tried using it? That piece of shit runs in the background all the time, and constantly checks if your mods are "up to date".

Oh, but that's the problem. It doesn't check whether your mods are up to date - it checks whether they are DIFFERENT, which is completely dumb.

I had written an addon that was supposed to hide Grid whenever I entered an arena or a battleground - but I had a few bugs with it, so I had called it Fubar (not really thinking about the mod by Ckknight of the same name) because the mod was fubar'ed, if you get what I mean! :P

So I install the CurseClient, and it immediately goes to curse.com and checks for addons and downloads FuBar and overwrites my own addon before I even get a chance to respond. This was just after WotLK had come out, so I had updated a lot of addons from WoWInterface, which it immediately overwrites with broken garbage.

Filled with disgust, I removed it immediately and updated all my addons through WoWMatrix that one time - because it does it right. I never touched WoWMatrix again, but damnit - I might do it again unless those monkeys learn basic design lessons.