Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What does 3.1 mana changes mean for moonkins?

mainly because if you look at rawr, they tend to overweight crit over haste a huge amount. And while there might be slight min/max differences, I tend to look at the overall scheme.

In other words, I'm not just looking at 1 piece of gear, I'm looking at overall upgrades. I run at 507 haste, 17.45% unbuffed in human form crit. So while I might be able to gain a slight amount hear than there, am I doing it at the expense of something else.

All I can really say is that I went by crit early (about 22% unbuffed and about 250 haste), and was around 3.5k dps on patch, but with switching out gear for pure haste, it went up extremely fast, to now at 5k. Thus I must be doing something right.

EDIT: so I'll err on the side of 5k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    mainly because if you look at rawr, they tend to overweight crit over haste a huge amount. And while there might be slight min/max differences, I tend to look at the overall scheme.

In other words, I'm not just looking at 1 piece of gear, I'm looking at overall upgrades. I run at 507 haste, 17.45% unbuffed in human form crit. So while I might be able to gain a slight amount hear than there, am I doing it at the expense of something else.

All I can really say is that I went by crit early (about 22% unbuffed and about 250 haste), and was around 3.5k dps on patch, but with switching out gear for pure haste, it went up extremely fast, to now at 5k. Thus I must be doing something right.

EDIT: so I'll err on the side of 5k dps.
    I started out the same way too, preferring crit over haste while i waited for more raiders to hit 80. We didn't have replenishment in our first two weeks so the extra crit was nice for mana regen (2% mana return on every crit). Right now im running 16.3% crit in human form with 556 Haste unbuffed, and i typically pull between 5300 and 5900 DPS on patch, depending on speed kills or not.

I edited my post above with raid-buffed stat comparisons using my gear, the DPS decrease of Moonkin to Resto is much more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydas
    Will it go back to Intensity and Dreamstate being mandatory raid talents?
    actually, i m already spec into it

i might not always top dps charts (pretty much top 3 or 5) depends on the raid being heroic or not

but i can beat almost all moonkins in longevity

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

I see the changes as a potential buff to mana regen for moonkins, but not a nerf. most boss fights where dps can sit and spam their rotation, I don't end up with more than 3k mana lost from max in 25s. intensity+OoC+replenish peeps should be fine for everyone. I understand that a lot of moonkins don't take gear with spirit, but I'd rather be able to do damage the entire fight than stop casting because my mana ran out. Imp moonkin form gives a slight bonus to spell damage for it anyway ;D

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    but i can beat almost all moonkins in longevity
    Longevity is more a question of raid composition than talents. Arguing on that against other moonkins who have different circumstances isn't going to be very constructive.

(i mean, i don't see how you can beat me in longevity when i never go OoM, and that's got nothing to do with talents)

Quote Originally Posted by MatsT
    Healers never stop casting either, so the change isn't gonna affect them either.
    many spirit based healers were useing cycleing of healers to get the 5 second rule in their favor, this just kicks them out of the cycleing. ie they were over gearing naxx and mag and saph and gms didnt like their "hard work" looking so easy if you brought over healing into it.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.