Thread: Shadowfiend

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowfiend

Has anyone else noticed that our Shadowfiends (putting aside the fact that they are terrible :3) seem to be sporting a whopping great 3k hp at level 80 >.> i know that i myself dont actually have mana issues in any of the WoTLK fights and generally dont need him, but when it comes to soloing for dailys and the such, it is quite annoying when my mana gets low, i throw out shadowfiend, and he gets one shot from an aura affect or a cleave. i mean cmon, they buffed felhunters recently and now my friends one is running around with 15k hp >< surely shadowfiend can do with some love :3

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Alynnea

Re: Shadowfiend

Sapphiron, Sartharion, M'uru, Malygos... to name a few encounters where using fiend sucks.

Yes, it dies to easily, and how minions spawn with 50% health sucks (Ghoul also does for the DKs).

Try using it on 4 horseman while tanking in the back, I love doing this in 10 man, but the boss in the north-east corner will turn around and one shot your fiend, and then watch you cry.

ye, i think it's somewhat strange too that he seems to have like what? 95% chance of not getting hit while some abilities oneshots him

also, in what patch did they change shadowfiend from "Xdamage = Ymana" into "damage = %of base mana"?
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

never had my shadowfiend die to normal mobs while doing dailys, u can even send it out to tank a mob while u deal with others, it wont ever even get hit

but ye, perhaps it could use a bit more hp, for specific bossfights

Is there anyone else who cares about shadowfiends tanking normal mobs while doing dailys?

Sorry, I just found that a bit silly. But if that was ironic, then I lol'd irl, if that makes you feal any better

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Sapphiron, Sartharion, M'uru, Malygos... to name a few encounters where using fiend sucks.

Yes, it dies to easily, and how minions spawn with 50% health sucks (Ghoul also does for the DKs).
    Indeed. In TBC I never had the idea my fiend was that fragile, in LK he dies to nearly everything, gets 1shotted by alot of things. It almost feels like its avoidance is less now or something.
    On Sapphiron the fiend is just too damn dumb, it spawns behind Sapphi and goes to hit it, gets tailswiped and dies instantly, or runs all the way back to get swiped again and die without ever properly hitting the boss.

They could give it Cloak of Shadows, and I would be very happy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Shadowfiend has some flaws. In PvE I have seen it die to environmental/aoe damage repeatedly. I cant use it on Sarth 3 drakes. The 5 times I have tried, literally within a second it's WTF dead and I don't even know what has killed it so I don't even bother attempting now. The same goes with Kil'jaeden. I tried using it many times and never saw it live more than 2 seconds. The 2 latest end game encounters my regen ability has been useless.

PvP is similar. In battlegrounds when PvP is casual you can get away with shadowfiend usually but if you are in an arena match when it counts against good players I wish you the best of luck in getting more than 1 tick of regen off your shadowfiend. Nearly every class has a counter to it. Or if all else fails running in a straight line away from the shadowfiend works just as well as cc'ing it/killing it/using damage absorption abilities against it.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I remember reading a blue post not too long ago saying that they were trying to think of something to do with the shadowfiend, be it either change the way it works, or just completely take it out and give spriests something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    ye, i think it's somewhat strange too that he seems to have like what? 95% chance of not getting hit while some abilities oneshots him
    Melee hit.
    Sir Zeliek is using Holy Bolts. (And holy is unresistable.)

It's quite stupid, since magic (AoE) is the biggest problem in PvE. Make it have 95% damage reduction instead.

also, in what patch did they change shadowfiend from "Xdamage = Ymana" into "damage = %of base mana"?
    3.0 w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Is there anyone else who cares about shadowfiends tanking normal mobs while doing dailys?

Sorry, I just found that a bit silly. But if that was ironic, then I lol'd irl, if that makes you feal any better
    no i wasnt ironic. all i stated was that ive never had it die vs normal mobs, even when letting it "tank" mobs for me
    the threadstarter was complaining that it died while doing dailys, vs normal mobs, not in RAID ENVIORMENT(blaa dunno how to spell)
    so why did u talk about raid-related stuff that is the question

One has to be judicial about one's use of ShadowFiend.

I almost never have it die on me when doing daylies, for instance. Like others in this thread I often use it for tanking an add, or if I'm low on mana, I'll just send it in and get a nice regen while having a devouring plague or something on the mob it's tanking to replenish life aswell. I think.. I can fairly safely say it has *never* died before its duration was up.

On things like Sarth-3D - don't send it to Sarth. Send it against a whelp, or an elemental... For the time it's up, it should (and does) provide a full amount of mana return without getting in the way of those awkward tail swipes / breaths.

And ShadowFiend was changed to a %return rather than a variable based on damage done when they redid the armour stuff for LK, I think..

Ermi

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's quite stupid, since magic (AoE) is the biggest problem in PvE. Make it have 95% damage reduction instead.
    But that would put in the problem in PvP where one fear or CC would ruin the entire duration.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

How bout they change the glyph of shadowfiend to...

Glyph of shadowfiend: reduces the amount of mana the shadowfiend returns per hit by 50% but when the shadowfiend's duration runs out or dies, 25% of mana is returned to the priest.

that would mean he returns 20-30% of your mana through swings than an extra 25% no matter what...seems a lil more balanced compared to other classes.

How about we get full mana back if it dies?

How about:

"You summon a shadowfiend, that is pissed as hell for dieing so many times, rebeling against being sent into that blizzard AGAIN, he atacks you instead of the target."

That might actually be pretty good, at least he wouldn't run off and attack things or get one shotted by me. That might make the spell much, much better honestly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ
    Honestly i dont believe my shadowfiend ever died. Perhaps to illidan or some other raid bosses, but in general PVE shadowfiend doesnt need hp, as its rarely going to aggro.
    I used my shadowfiend to tank al'ar when a tank screwed up the platforms. It resisted then dodged and then got squished. I was a proud parent!

They used to have obscene avoidence and resist. But without getting a new spell rank nothing changes and they don't scale upwards as much as we might like. Still usable to solo elite quests for a few extra seconds aggro free.

how about some talent that gives us something like Divine Guardian or Soul Link while our silly mutated little squid is active?
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.