Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Disc pve healer spec

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    2.5% of 25000 is 625 mana, and one tick obviously crits, thus giving more mana from divine aegis. (all this assumes effective healing)
    Yep, breakpoint of gaining mana from Penance is 25k mana. I've heard it has been said, and it's something I've personally been looking into, without the actual math. Test it yourself though, assuming you have some spellpower and 25k mana, 5/5 on Rapture and 0/3 on Imp. Healing, you gain mana, or are 10's away of it at least, from casting fully effective Penance, even with 0 crits. Add in crits and you gain more. It's very rare to see Penance being cast without a single crit..

So, you really need cheaper Penance, especially if you lose 3 talent points for it?

Digging through EJ though, I found this math for it [I take no responsibility if the math is correct or not, I really have no clue where 11460 have been taken from];
    Rapture Mana Return = (Healed or Absorbed Amount / 11460) * 2.5% * Mana Pool

But what it shows, if your Penance ticks for 3820, totalling 11460, and have 25k mana, you gain. Seeing that my last tick, totally unbuffed, healed 3227, it isn't hard to reach.

Dräparen: Yes, the disc build is bit off, while some like Renew, it's really crap. However, if your mana sustains it [who's doesen't..?] there is no real backfire out from using it. And since gheal is not used either, Divine Fury about as useless as well. Like said though, chaining it with Inner Focus is always nice. More often it gets chained with PoH though. Personally I took it for soloing, and since Focus is useless, as is imp. Renew.

Imp. DS is still waste of points. Period. I'd swap those two out to 3/3 to imp. PWS and 1/1 to Desperate Prayer. They do something, imp. DS does not.
    Oh, and he does cast PWS too, right? It's instant, so you might've missed it.. there's big bad debuff on tank due to it though..

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    OT: i've read through these 4 pages and i haven't seen anyone linking the spec i use

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhxtrxoVfRdbxtcc

as others have said already, it's a question of playstyle
    I wonder why no one has linked your spec? Maybe because its stupid? Then you try to justify it with "its a matter of playstye". Its not a matter of playstyle because if you're doing it RIGHT then the playstyle is exactly the same.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cianxo
    Digging through EJ though, I found this math for it [I take no responsibility if the math is correct or not, I really have no clue where 11460 have been taken from];
    Rapture Mana Return = (Healed or Absorbed Amount / 11460) * 2.5% * Mana Pool

But what it shows, if your Penance ticks for 3820, totalling 11460, and have 25k mana, you gain. Seeing that my last tick, totally unbuffed, healed 3227, it isn't hard to reach.
    thank you for that, considering the tooltip is 'up to 2.5%' i wasnt sure what the baseline for 2.5% was, but i will trust EJ as they are usually right. but ya, i may consider speccing out of imp healing now, we will see :P
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Its not a matter of playstyle because if you're doing it RIGHT then the playstyle is exactly the same.
    now where is the fun in that?

and i think that you could agree, from reading this topic, that there are more ways than one to play a priest on
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I have read the 5 pages and read that some priests don't take Divine Fury. Yes, 2x flash heal is better for your mana, but disc priests can't go oom anyway right so why bothering with mana efficiency?
    A flash heal for me is around 4k and a greater heal is 8k. It takes 2,62s to cast those 2 flash heals while the greater heal cost me 2,19s and you heal the sameish. Only difference is that you are 0.43s faster with the greater heal to do 8k healing (for me).
    If you have healed the Sart3d-10man tank you maybe can see my point. He has to be topped up always so the 30k breaths won't 1shot him. It's nice to time your greater heals just after his breath so he gets a 8k right after following with penance to top him up fast cause next breath can be 8s later if you are unlucky.
    Anyway, greater heal is doing more healing in less time with Divine Fury and if you don't have mana issues there is no reason to not get it.

15+ Year Old Account

I think this the best PvE build for Discipline Priest: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=151205030501

We skip those bad ones and take the good ones

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I think this the best PvE build for Discipline Priest: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=151205030501

We skip those bad ones and take the good ones
    Except that you emphasize Renew, which at the moment is terrible, Improved and glyphed or Unglyphed.

It heals for roughly (give or take 10%) the same amount of a Flash Heal, for roughly the same mana cost (when FH is glyphed like any smart priest does).

Flash Heal's mana cost is further reduced/refunded via Rapture, and heals "when you need it now"(tm) while Renew ticks, and when ticks suddenly get stolen because the target's hp is full, congrats at making it less efficient and wasting mana. It can't crit (no Aegis), doesn't apply Rapture, becomes another cooldown you have to manage (not that it's difficult, only annoying) and isn't all that efficient unless it's 100% effective. Bleh.

The only thing it's good for right now is a buffer for a Holy Priest to step outside of the 5SR riding on a couple ticks.

Also: If you're running into pushback issues, might I suggest picking up a Holy Paladin with Concentration Aura? "But ours is better" yeah, but 2 talent points for .15 sec worth of pushback is blah in current content, and I don't see how that's going to change much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~