Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    What a fail, saying Grace is a waste

    Man.. don't you know pve is about min maxing? 6% more on your healing done is a lot. If you find it so useless, why don't you spec for Unbreakable Will instead of Twin Disciplines? I mean, that 5% extra for instant heal spells must suck, so why go with it when you can have silencing effects last less? Your logic is flawed. And the spec you linked is fail. I mean, you didn't even take Inner Focus and you specced 3 worthless points into holy. I'll refrain from classic l2p posts but honestly, do give some more thinking about your spec and your role as pve player.
    you do know there are different playstyles....i for one as a disco priest do not shield the tank....still fucks up their rage generation....after the patch we'll see.Inner Focus is optional...We dont need to get out of the 5SR so Holy priests get more bang out of it...

    Calling some1 bad because his choice in talents is not the same as yours is pretty stupid...
    Also i agree about Grace,for tank healing it's pretty good...as far as raid healing goes it could have more "umph" :3

    Peace V

  2. #22

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by nine
    you do know there are different playstyles....i for one as a disco priest do not shield the tank....still fucks up their rage generation....after the patch we'll see.Inner Focus is optional...We dont need to get out of the 5SR so Holy priests get more bang out of it...

    Calling some1 bad because his choice in talents is not the same as yours is pretty stupid...
    Also i agree about Grace,for tank healing it's pretty good...as far as raid healing goes it could have more "umph" :3

    Peace V
    Failpriest is Fail? First off the entire tree is built around PW:S
    Not shielding as Disc, you lose out on:[*]Borrowed Haste 2-for-one procs (Penance is sex).[*]4% crit.[*]5.5k instant cast "healing".[*]Mana from Rapture
    Secondly, that 5.5k instacast heal is the ONLY spell you can cast on a full health tank (or any health tank) and have it be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT EFFECTIVE. Period. Their rage gen takes one step back, because the shield will fall off, and they'll take hits anyways, on top of the fact they generate their own rage now from white damage anyways. Maybe your warriors could learn to not faceroll heroic strike to let some white attacks actually get through?

    Following through, your points on Inner Focus:[*]Free spell is still amazing, especially on a Prayer of Healing or Borrowed Haste-Greater heal[*]25% crit[*]Rapture gives us mana regardless of the spell's cost, unlike Serendipity (for Holy)

    It lets us push farther, harder. And if you've been put on Raid Healing as a Disc priest, your heal-lead needs to be punched in the face.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  3. #23

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Personally, I don't understand the Flash spamming point-of-view as far as Tank Healing goes. It's just as efficient if not more so to pick up Divine Fury and use GHeal spam for a MUCH stronger Aegis. Disc's job isn't thoroughput, it's MITIGATION! Best done through making sure your tank takes as little damage as possible. Overhealing doesn't matter since Disc doesn't go OOM when played correctly and even with near-chain GHeal spamming for crits to proc 4k-5k Aegis bubbles, I don't go OOM.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dgar&n=Ariande

    That's my char, if she's still 60/11, yes, that's PvP specced, here's my PREFERRED PvE spec, love it or hate it, I care not, take what you will about it, but that's my personal take on how a Disc Priest heals. It's a powerhouse tank healer designed to make sure the tank's life never drops below 80% by keeping powerful shields on it and keeping it's effective health as high as possible.

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhxtMxoqfRtbxxc

    To those who don't know what I mean by effective health:
    35k HP + 4k Aegis + 5.5k PW:Shield = 44.5k HP tank. Shields increase the "max" health of the tank, thus their "effective" health pool is larger than it seems. This helps not only the tank live longer, but on fights like Patch, you can take extra hits for your OTs when they get hatefuled because that first 15k only hit for 5k.

  4. #24

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Except that mana spent to heal returned ratio, Flash gives you alot better leverage. Also, Rapture is based off "Effective" health, so overhealing starts to really gimp your blue bar from coming back.

    I've also heard that Aegis is based off of effective heal rather than total, but I haven't tested this one yet.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #25

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Failpriest is Fail? First off the entire tree is built around PW:S
    Not shielding as Disc, you lose out on:[*]Borrowed Haste 2-for-one procs (Penance is sex).[*]4% crit.[*]5.5k instant cast "healing".[*]Mana from Rapture
    Secondly, that 5.5k instacast heal is the ONLY spell you can cast on a full health tank (or any health tank) and have it be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT EFFECTIVE. Period. Their rage gen takes one step back, because the shield will fall off, and they'll take hits anyways, on top of the fact they generate their own rage now from white damage anyways. Maybe your warriors could learn to not faceroll heroic strike to let some white attacks actually get through?

    Following through, your points on Inner Focus:[*]Free spell is still amazing, especially on a Prayer of Healing or Borrowed Haste-Greater heal[*]25% crit[*]Rapture gives us mana regardless of the spell's cost, unlike Serendipity (for Holy)

    It lets us push farther, harder. And if you've been put on Raid Healing as a Disc priest, your heal-lead needs to be punched in the face.
    So i fail because i dont spec like you....
    FYI i dont have borrowed time :P so thats another point for you...
    i dont see how i need these talents and the shit u mention in your flashy "blue post".
    I can heal the tank perfectly,have no mana issues what so ever.Tank deaths aren't caused by me, so i fail to see how is it that i fail when i do what im supposed to....
    go be elitist somewhere else...
    ppl tend to play differently.

  6. #26

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Except that mana spent to heal returned ratio, Flash gives you alot better leverage. Also, Rapture is based off "Effective" health, so overhealing starts to really gimp your blue bar from coming back.

    I've also heard that Aegis is based off of effective heal rather than total, but I haven't tested this one yet.
    Actually, the mana returned ratio is even as long as GHeal gives 60% healing done OR 20% and crits. Besides, trust me, try it yourself sometime and you'll see, your blue bar will still be there. Also, I haven't touched my SFiend since the patch >.>.

    And to clear the rumor now, Aegis is not effective. It is total heal done, overheal included. It procs even during Loatheb when the Aura is up. Try it sometime for kicks, although I wouldn't recommend spamming heals during Loatheb just for shields since Deathbloom pierces shields. (Noticed it with PoM crit halfway thru the aura duration >.> Put up a 1600ish absorbed shield lol)

  7. #27
    Fluffy Kitten llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,589

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    If you're running OOM as a disc priest, I really don't know what to say besides "You're doing it wrong!" Ulduar and 3.1 could change things up, but it's silly to make a spec now when our trees are going to be changing a lot.

    Also, way to completely ignore the other effect of Grace, which makes the talent infinitely more useful than Improved Healing. 15% less mana on Penance? That's not going to save you from going OOM. Playing better will.
    I play perfectly fine, and if I'm not mistaken you also have 2 points in Improved Healing, so don't even start to lay into me about that. Grace I find is useless, as disc's strong point in healing comes from preventing damage, not healing through it. Yes, I provide my weight in tank healing, however I provide most of my worth in preventing that healing, and what you are at >30% raid buffed crit chance, that is pretty easy. For sarth+3 it is myself and a druid on the MT, and we do perfectly fine even through breaths and the likes. I have re-geared a lot recently and regemmed and I don't need the mp5, but the reduced mana cost is nice as a majority of disc effectiveness comes from mana pool and effective healing.

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    What a fail, saying Grace is a waste

    Man.. don't you know pve is about min maxing? 6% more on your healing done is a lot. If you find it so useless, why don't you spec for Unbreakable Will instead of Twin Disciplines? I mean, that 5% extra for instant heal spells must suck, so why go with it when you can have silencing effects last less? Your logic is flawed. And the spec you linked is fail. I mean, you didn't even take Inner Focus and you specced 3 worthless points into holy. I'll refrain from classic l2p posts but honestly, do give some more thinking about your spec and your role as pve player.
    6% more on what healing I do anyways, my healing is ~70% that of a normal healer because again, disc's strong point is preventing damage, not healing through it. maybe come ulduar i will spec back, but that 6% is negligible for everything we do now

    Quote Originally Posted by nine
    So i fail because i dont spec like you....
    FYI i dont have borrowed time :P so thats another point for you...
    i dont see how i need these talents and the shit u mention in your flashy "blue post".
    I can heal the tank perfectly,have no mana issues what so ever.Tank deaths aren't caused by me, so i fail to see how is it that i fail when i do what im supposed to....
    go be elitist somewhere else...
    ppl tend to play differently.
    if you are healing the tank, tank deaths are caused by you. borrowed time is one of the most powerful "spells" in the disc tree. 40% of your bonus dmg converted directly to absorbing w/ PW:S. thats an extra 1k dmg

    how you spec is dependent on your playstyle. i am geared for crit and the likes, not for regen and whatnot i get that fine from rapture and replenishment. our raid doesnt need grace, so for me they are wasted talent points that are far better going somewhere else. Inner focus i find is useless, as i'm never mana starved as long as there are people to heal, so why would i need free casts? i never need to get outside the 5sr anywhoo

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    This is basically the best disc pve healer spec:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    Someone said grace is overrated. It's not, probably even underrated. Not only does it give -3% damage (which according to some sources even stacks with blessing of sanctuary), but it also increases your heals by straight 6%, which is A LOT for 2 talent points.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  9. #29

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by nine
    you do know there are different playstyles....i for one as a disco priest do not shield the tank....still fucks up their rage generation....after the patch we'll see.Inner Focus is optional...We dont need to get out of the 5SR so Holy priests get more bang out of it...

    Calling some1 bad because his choice in talents is not the same as yours is pretty stupid...
    Also i agree about Grace,for tank healing it's pretty good...as far as raid healing goes it could have more "umph" :3

    Peace V
    First off, since when are people concerned about ubermaxperformance? I only rarely see it in action. We have warrior tanks, aswell as druid tanks and I shield them, and yet they have no problems maintaining aggro. The rage generation isn't affected to the point where you have to go so far that you don't shield them.

    Second, yes, it is very stupid not to take a talent that increases your healing on the target. I can't stress how dumb it is, it's like refusing to take a stronger and lighter engine for an F1 car that'd make it go faster. I didn't call the person stupid, I called the decision dumb, since there's no reason why anyone would deliberately choose to do lower healing. Yes, it's "only" 6% more healing and "only" 3% less damage, but every damn percentage counts. Following that logic, you could gem the worst gems and not go for the best ones, saying "oh well it's just 2% difference, who cares, it's not like it shows".


  10. #30

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    This is basically the best disc pve healer spec:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    Someone said grace is overrated. It's not, probably even underrated. Not only does it give -3% damage (which according to some sources even stacks with blessing of sanctuary), but it also increases your heals by straight 6%, which is A LOT for 2 talent points.
    i agree, but the thing i dont understad is WHY take 5 points in Divine fury? only thing is if u need it to farm rep, otherwise no use! 2xFL is more mana and heal efficient if u have the FL glyph.

  11. #31

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Because when a FH Crits, it's Aegis is very small. Since GC confirmed that additional crits will ONLY renew the duration of the current Aegis on the target and not compound into it as of 3.0.8, it's actually more efficient and better to Disc's playstyle to use GHeal for the MUCH bigger Aegises. A 2k aegis from FH is crap compared to a 5k from GHeal, and the mana difference is negligable compared to the mana returns from the stronger Aegis and the 4 set bonus. As far as that spec, I'd agree if I ever found a use to Desperate Prayer XD I'd rather get healing focus so my Penances always heal 3 times and use the extra point left over on 2% crit, although I might switch one from Focused Power over for the added crit since mine's only 37% raid buffed.

  12. #32

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    This is basically the best disc pve healer spec:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    Someone said grace is overrated. It's not, probably even underrated. Not only does it give -3% damage (which according to some sources even stacks with blessing of sanctuary), but it also increases your heals by straight 6%, which is A LOT for 2 talent points.
    This spec is worthwhile if your taking into account the 4 piece set bonus for reduction in greater heal cost otherwise there is no advantage for a disc priest to even be using greater heal if your packing the flash heal glyph and looking at keeping grace, inspiration and divine aegis up all the time.

    As for the specs i've seen floating around without imp PW:S, are you mad?!?! A disc priest is a spounge, your there to absorb dmg, buff the targets up with the talents and add a little extra healing.

    If your looking to max out the healing the either go Holy or roll Pala. Disc priests will not be renowned for their healing.

  13. #33

  14. #34

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    This is basically the best disc pve healer spec:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    Someone said grace is overrated. It's not, probably even underrated. Not only does it give -3% damage (which according to some sources even stacks with blessing of sanctuary), but it also increases your heals by straight 6%, which is A LOT for 2 talent points.
    This guy has it right. The fact that with top-end gear (at least 10% haste from gear alone) I'm seeing Borrowed Time Hasted Gheals at 1.4 seconds warrants the 5 points in Divine Fury. Where else do those 5 points go? Improved Renew lol?

  15. #35

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    Because when a FH Crits, it's Aegis is very small. Since GC confirmed that additional crits will ONLY renew the duration of the current Aegis on the target and not compound into it as of 3.0.8, it's actually more efficient and better to Disc's playstyle to use GHeal for the MUCH bigger Aegises. A 2k aegis from FH is crap compared to a 5k from GHeal, and the mana difference is negligable compared to the mana returns from the stronger Aegis and the 4 set bonus. As far as that spec, I'd agree if I ever found a use to Desperate Prayer XD I'd rather get healing focus so my Penances always heal 3 times and use the extra point left over on 2% crit, although I might switch one from Focused Power over for the added crit since mine's only 37% raid buffed.
    Gotta say i disagree strongly with putting 5 points into Divine Fury just to get a slightly bigger aegis, as discipline if Gheal costs far to much for far too little, also if you are going so far into holy as to get the mana reduction talents for Gheal, youre missing out on some of the fundemental talents at the end of discipline.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Alynnea

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    This guy has it right. The fact that with top-end gear (at least 10% haste from gear alone) I'm seeing Borrowed Time Hasted Gheals at 1.4 seconds warrants the 5 points in Divine Fury. Where else do those 5 points go? Improved Renew lol?
    Indeed. The spec has already all the good things from the disc tree, and really wants 13 in holy for inspiration. There is simply not better option for points 5-10 than Divine Fury. Which is rather nice because it also helps with the daily quests with making your attack spells cast faster.

    Also (when specced disc, usually shadow) I use GHeal for those situations where a flashheal wouldn't be enough. I like to have the option to. Also, with bloodlust, borrowed time, equip and the engineer haste tinker I'm looking at GHeals of around a second.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  17. #37

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    What is the exact logic behind Divine aegis? with 1.5k shields from penance and 2k from flash heal fillers, is it worth having three points? Perhaps divine aegis is mearly a way to get more mana back, and the way rapture works 'returns 2.5% of mana when divine aegis is fully absorbed' but it also says 'increasing the amount absorbed increases the mana gained'.

    So lets say i drop two points in divine aegis, resulting in a 10% shield, reducing the uptime of divine aegis because it wont absorb much, will I still get 2.5% of my mana if it is fully absorbed, or will it be lowered?

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Every bit of mitigation counts.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  19. #39

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    What is the exact logic behind Divine aegis? with 1.5k shields from penance and 2k from flash heal fillers, is it worth having three points? Perhaps divine aegis is mearly a way to get more mana back, and the way rapture works 'returns 2.5% of mana when divine aegis is fully absorbed' but it also says 'increasing the amount absorbed increases the mana gained'.

    So lets say i drop two points in divine aegis, resulting in a 10% shield, reducing the uptime of divine aegis because it wont absorb much, will I still get 2.5% of my mana if it is fully absorbed, or will it be lowered?
    There was a formula put up on EJ awhile back and while I'm sitting here eating my Apple Jacks (good stuff) I can't seem to find it, but the short answer is no. Mana returned is directly proportional to the amount healed/absorbed, and the only way we get close to that is with healing by Greater Heal and not having overheal. The mana returned has a MAXIMUM of 2.5%, so 1 rank in DA is not going to give you that no matter what heal you're spamming.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  20. #40
    greenmasheen
    Guest

    Re: Disc pve healer spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    you play a priest or just some randomer whos never seen the class? silent resolve is more pvp than anything as threat isnt an issue and the dispel resist is pvp-tastic, inner-fire is alot of spell power as an above poster just noted.
    improved divine spirit grants more spell power and only requires 2 points... yet it was not taken.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=120205060301

    i am sure you can swap between silent resolve and imp fort... but i like silent resolve in situations where threat balancing is tricky... ie adds that are bouncing around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •