Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alternative to PallyPower?

anyone know of another mod similar to PallyPower i could use until they fix some of the issues in the current version? there's just some little things that are annoying the hell out of me, and there have always been improvements i'd like to see made that haven't been made, so if there's something that's just as good or better i'd like to try it. if something exists that communicates with PallyPower (similar to how Omen communicated with KLH), that would be hot as well.

thanks.

Re: Alternative to PallyPower?

there isnt.... thought what is bothering you with pp?

You want an alternative to me?

D=

I'm not good enough anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Pally Power works fine. Brilliant for a RL/CL.

ZOMGBuffs -- supports not only pala blessings, but almost any self|group|raid buffs for all classes.

i'm not sure if it's issues isolated to me or what, but since the newest version came out (which i double checked and updated today) i can't cast lesser blessings from the hovering fold-out menu by moving my cursor into it: it just disappears, and i'm not able to use the interface at all in combat except for Righteous Fury. i'd also like to be able to manually change my greater blessing for a class regardless of me being leader/assistant when someone else is doing the same buff. i'd also like more customization options with the menu, but that doesn't bother me too much.

these are all known issues with latest version, according to the comments on Curse, and even though they're minor problems, they're still annoying regardless. i've been patiently awaiting a fix for these things for two weeks or so now, and i don't mind waiting longer, i just figured i'd try an available alternative if there was one in the mean time. this isn't breaking the gameplay for me. i've used PallyPower for as long as i can remember and it's been extremely helpful, but with most mods, there's always something that i think it can do better.

15+ Year Old Account

bind your lesser buffs to a button. so when you pres it, it automaticly buffs a person lacking it

works fine here buffing in combat say after a combat res
    one should be highlighted and after all a greater blessing wont exactly hurt your mana pool

the one thing that bugs me is in a 25man its HUGE and might aswell be a bound sidebar, minimizing it would be nice

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblueox
    i'm not sure if it's issues isolated to me or what, but since the newest version came out (which i double checked and updated today) i can't cast lesser blessings from the hovering fold-out menu by moving my cursor into it: it just disappears, and i'm not able to use the interface at all in combat except for Righteous Fury.
    Blizzard UI team broke the 'delayed hide' functionality. Nothing can be done until they implement some new method to do that in future patch.

If you don't like player buttons showing up, just disable them.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo
    Blizzard UI team broke the 'delayed hide' functionality. Nothing can be done until they implement some new method to do that in future patch.

If you don't like player buttons showing up, just disable them.
    Quite annoying!

Anyway, it still works by right-clicking the class button.

Until then: meh! I'll stick with PP, since getting all my colleagues to install a new addon may take as long as it takes for Blizz to fix it. They're.... lazy.

Yup, what the poster above me said, fairly annoying, but not game breaking.

I've stuck with the 3.0.16 release version, and, apart from player class buttons sticking out now, it works just fine for all blessings (greater/lesser) for me. Plus, now that I'm mostly in charge of setting the buffs for all the paladins in our raids, I've just gotten used to, and prefer the way Pallypower handles it.

If you really want an alternative, you could try ZOMGbuffs, but I've not tried it myself.

<edit> Ah, I see Seigert already suggested it. :P

Look up ZOMGBuffs. My fiancee uses it on her pally. She can manually buff in combat, group buff out of combat, it interfaces with PP and also notifies if someone's missing any other buffs.

Oh, yea! It also takes care of Divine Shield and BoL out of combat. She uses ClassTimers to take care of In Combat for those, though.

I just had a closer look at the ZOMGBuufs project page out of curiosity, and I quite like the look of it, might give it a whirl later on.

Only thing im missing from pallypower is the ability to assign aura's since they now affect the entire raid

I tried zomgbuffs, and i like it, but for me is unusable cause you cant assign different blessings to pet. It just assign the Warrior's blessing to hunter's pet(yeah warrior's blessing cause they are the same class), and the warlock's blessing to warlock's pet.
    Its quite annoying so i switched back to pallypower. I wanted to switch cause of that delayed hide thing not working anymore, but there is no other alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by breath
    I tried zomgbuffs, and i like it, but for me is unusable cause you cant assign different blessings to pet. It just assign the Warrior's blessing to hunter's pet(yeah warrior's blessing cause they are the same class), and the warlock's blessing to warlock's pet.
    Its quite annoying so i switched back to pallypower. I wanted to switch cause of that delayed hide thing not working anymore, but there is no other alternative.
    That issue with pets as warriors is an old change blizz made where hunter pets started being treated as warriors, try it with PP and you'll see that if you buff the pets, you buff the warrs and vice versa.

PallyPower yeah has the annoying no-delay player menu bug. Not deal breaking but like the OP said kinda annoying. Means you can't via their interface refresh a short buff before it drops off.

PallyPower is a required addon for our raiding paladins. Makes the life of our raid leaders (of which I'm one) a hell of a lot nicer.

wow. is it that hard to say...

holy pallys you do wisdom
    ret pallys you do might.
    and whoever has kings do kings.

i mean, it is tricky tryin to figure out if a dk needs might or wisdom.

It's more like: Player X you do Might on these 3 classes, Wisdom on the rest, oh except get a lesser might on that feral druid or that enh shammy.

When your balancing buffs over 3-4 pallies for a 25 man raid it's very useful. Also, it is helpful not to have to worry if you were buffing what buff or short buff on individuals halfway through trash mid raid. The less chatter on vent during a raid the better.

So yeah not entirely required, but when your clearing all of Naxx25 in an evening, your chain pulling the whole place. Not a lot of time go go "wait, what was I buffing on you Player Y". If your raid members have to remind you to rebuff, your not doing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblueox
    i'm not sure if it's issues isolated to me or what, but since the newest version came out (which i double checked and updated today) i can't cast lesser blessings from the hovering fold-out menu by moving my cursor into it: it just disappears, and i'm not able to use the interface at all in combat except for Righteous Fury. i'd also like to be able to manually change my greater blessing for a class regardless of me being leader/assistant when someone else is doing the same buff. i'd also like more customization options with the menu, but that doesn't bother me too much.

these are all known issues with latest version, according to the comments on Curse, and even though they're minor problems, they're still annoying regardless. i've been patiently awaiting a fix for these things for two weeks or so now, and i don't mind waiting longer, i just figured i'd try an available alternative if there was one in the mean time. this isn't breaking the gameplay for me. i've used PallyPower for as long as i can remember and it's been extremely helpful, but with most mods, there's always something that i think it can do better.
    1. The fold out button problem is a blizzard UI bug.
    2. The reason you can't recast blessings in combat is because it is not allowed by the blizzard UI. To recast blessings in combat the UI needs to choose an appropriate target to cast it on, then you click the button and it casts on that target, however if it could just do that in combat then you could just as easilly make a "heal" button that automatically chose the correct target and so on trivialising the game. Since Righteous Fury doesn't need a target it is immune to this issue. It is very rare you need to recast blessings in combat now anyway, even if you use HoP on someone then it doesn't remove their blessing like it used to.
    3. You might like to screw around with your blessings mid raid but your raid leader probably wouldn't. If you don't get to be a raid assistant I am guessing it is because you tend to mess around with blessings and annoy your raid leader ...

Lastly Pally Power isn't nearly as needed as it used to be. With Blessing of Light being no more it basically means you need 1 paladin on kings and one on might / wis. If you have a third they do wis/might on the hybrids just to make things easier