Thread: Max DPS.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Max DPS.com

Well, i just had a look at lootrank.com. Not good.

I'm a hunter, and apart from my trinket i'm [epic]. A lot of items show def/dodge/stam gear as improvements to my gear.... eeeehm .... since when hunter = tank?

I'm still confused to why MAXDPS still has Seal of Command in paladins DPS cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by nobu
    I'm still confused to why MAXDPS still has Seal of Command in paladins DPS cycle...
    There's an option to select SoM instead. Still, Maxdps is not good, although occassionally it gets the ranking orders correct. Use lootrank or, even easier, rawr as adamson suggested. If you want to take it a step further, open up the ret thread in the ej forums and download the new bellator's spreadsheet and redcape's dps sheet which have much more in-depth breakdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    There's an option to select SoM instead. Still, Maxdps is not good, although occassionally it gets the ranking orders correct. Use lootrank or, even easier, rawr as adamson suggested. If you want to take it a step further, open up the ret thread in the ej forums and download the new bellator's spreadsheet and redcape's dps sheet which have much more in-depth breakdowns.
    Oh? i always thaught that dps cycle was fixed. Well thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathra
    maxdps.com blows
    I only use maxdps because it at least puts all the same slot items in a nice list for me to look at. That's about all it's good for.

Confucious say:Man with one chopstick go hungry.

Always get second opinion, don't go by one website alone. Use maxdps as a guide, not as a bible. Research all gear choices at multiple sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    www.loot-rank.com is what i use, and its what a lot of the EJ guys use too. I would suggest switching to www.loot-rank.com instead of www.maxdps.com
    TBH most of us actually use Rawr.

With that said, maxdps.com isn't all that bad. It depends on the class and specc, but for most it is okey. Don't follow it mindlessly. It's good as a guidance, but you should still use common sense.

Always use your head and know the itemization. Don't trust MaxDPS, use it as a guideline. Rawr gets some nice numbers aswell but that I use as a guideline aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by eodem
    Always use your head and know the itemization. Don't trust MaxDPS, use it as a guideline. Rawr gets some nice numbers aswell but that I use as a guideline aswell.
    This is important. Too many people live and die by the Rawr :P. Optimized gear for a ret paladin on Rawr has some 120 some-odd hit rating, which is probably a little on the low side.