Power Auras for NPC spells?

Hi,

I would like power auras to give warnings when a mob casts a particular spell.

Is this posibile?

If so? How do i get it to work? (tried whith no success)

In my case i would like it to give an extra (besides from bossmods) announcemnet when bosses cast Shadow fissure (like Kel and Saths. drakes). When looking constantly in to grid theres a risk one gets by me... well not that often but some meleedudes get hit alot and i would like to help them as well).

Thankful for any help in this matter!

Re: Power Auras for NPC spells?

I don't think that's possible, since Power Aura functions off buffs and debuffs, giving you "auras" when it detects some. For example it will show an aura if you're under Blizzard, but it won't alert you that Blizzard is being cast. I tried making Power Aura "flash" a symbol when my Extract of Necromantic Power trinket procs a Shadow Bolt by adding the trinket spell to Power Aura, but nothing shows when it procs because Shadow Bolt doesn't count as a buff or debuff.

I could be wrong though, and if someone knows if this is possible by all means let us know.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

You're absolutely right Vexione. You can't detect "Shadow Fissure" because you don't get a buff or debuff when standing in it. The only thing possible to show is when a particular boss casts Shadow Fissure but every boss mod already does that :>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Yeah but the announcement is not that great... i would like it to be more like the waves on Sath or something. "Run away little girl, RUN AWAY!" (DBM).

So you know of any other adon that can do what i ask then?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dynggo
    Yeah but the announcement is not that great... i would like it to be more like the waves on Sath or something. "Run away little girl, RUN AWAY!" (DBM).

So you know of any other adon that can do what i ask then?
    You could simply screw around with the code of DBM to make it say what you want ^^
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara