Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blessing of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
    "Bring the player, not the class. Oh, but you need a paladin."

Just think about it: Now that BoK is baseline, encounters are sure to be balanced around everyone having it. How's it fair that all classes have to share out their buffs with others, yet Paladins have two buffs unique to their class?

Even worse, there's always an alternative available for the other buffs from several other classes, though often a bit worse. So where are the "band-aid" Blessings of Kings and Sanctuary?

(Don't worry, this isn't focused solely on you fellas, I'm miffed that you need a shaman if you want a bloodlust and there's similar other abilities. But you guys are now getting two. So you deserve my nerdragewrath! Warrrghhblblghbl! )

Which class do you think will end up with an 8% BoK?

Re: Blessing of Kings

You obviously dont keep up THAT much because divine spirit for priests is baseline now also. So priests have TWO buffs now also. OMGGGGGGGG. Who cares? In a raid enviorment its not about who has what buffs as long as you guys can down the boss. SO if your guild for some reason cant kill gluth your gonna sit around yelling OMG ITS CAUSE THAT PALADIN HAS MORE BUFFS!!! I dont think so.

Spirit can however be applied by a warlock's fel intelligence. So you should keep up more. Yes, I know they never do.

Also, why the hate? I wasn't trolling was I? No, I wasn't. So sit down, shut up and play with your blocks Caedus.

Now, content being what it is now, it might not make all that much difference. But 10% stats is a huge buff, for everyone. Any "serious" raiding guild will make damn sure that they have a paladin in their core for this buff if nothing else, and you know it's true.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking that Blizzard rather failed in its "Bring the player." philosophy?

Deleted

tbh

`SCREW blizzards "bring the player" stuff

just take one of each class. problem solved.

It is 2 roll system 1 st u check for good players then for there classes

if in 25 people you cant bring a paladin...

im sure you have a druid and a shaman for their 'unique' buffs (bloodlust and innervate/rebirth)

gonna complain that no one else has a combat rez?

Since when are there issues bringing paladins? They're all over the place. Especially ret paladins, and they are the spec that is going to have kings. So, it's not like it wasn't always there anyways. Now and before WotLK. Kings has always been a talent you HAD to get for PVE raiding. Blizzard realized this and made it baseline. This is not the first spell they have done this with it won't be the last.

we don't just have those two. we have an mp5 buff noone else has, we have judgments that benefit all manausing casters immensly.
    the distribution of those spells and utilities comes from a time when most people said "meeh, pally" and blizz thought of a way to make them desireable to have in a raid.

just like mk getting a whole bunch of nice buffs and debuffs beside their own very good contribution because having a mk in your raid was once truely uncommen.

when you were the only pala in a raid you sure as hell found those 5 points you needed to put in kings somewhere. now at least all speccs of paladins are on the same bases (just like with spirit for priests).

with the BoSanc, I agree with you. It is a huge plus for a raid to have a pally bringing it, on the other hand I have to say, we cleared all content (yes, sarth3d too) without bringing a prot pally or (before I rererolled) a ret pally just fine.
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Every class has specific little things that others don't. Priests have bubbles, mind control, and Fort. Druids have Mark of the Wild, Innervate, and Rebirth. Shaman have Bloodlust, Totems, and Reincarnation. Paladins have their Blessings, Divine Intervention, and Lay On Hands. And those are just the healing classes.

That doesn't make it mandatory to have. Its an useful addition to have, but you don't need a paladin, you don't need a Priest for Divine Spirit either. I don't think they ever said they balanced the stuff around these?

What I am trying to say is its baseline, so what, it doesn't make it a must.

Possible Solutions to your perceived problem;

1. Blessing of Kings is available to all Paladins, but only increases all stats by 5%. A two point point Protection talent increases this to 8 and 10%, effectively bringing it up to the current standard.

2. Give another class a talent that increases all stats by a percentage, but make it deep into a raiding spec tree, such as Resto Shaman. The percentage increased should be around 5%, and should not stack with Blessing of Kings.

In this way, another class can provide the buff, but not at the same level as a Paladin. This means Paladins are capable of overwriting the alternative buff (because theirs is potentially stronger), and still have the best version, but by no means is it 100% exclusive to the class.

On that note, I'd like to see another class gain access to a Bloodlust like effect. Maybe warlocks, as they seem to be hurting for real raiding strengths these days.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

i dont get why your are QQ-ing.
    Shamans have it to with bloodlust.

Making buffs baseline is a good thing. Why should anybody spend 5 points on a buff.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    Possible Solutions to your perceived problem.
    There are no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy
    Just think about it: Now that BoK is baseline, encounters are sure to be balanced around everyone having it.
    News flash, they already are.

"Bring the player, not the class". Oh but youll bring a warrior to MT, youll bring the class. Youll also bring a shaman for Bloodlust / heroism, once again you bring the class. For progress kills, you bring the class.
    Quote from: Moweropois on July 24, 2009, 12:21:29 am
    A better question is how are you going to shoot up the mall with a Gun license?

Were you the guy running around my block holding a piece of paper earlier and yelling "bang"?

Deleted

I don't really care if we have BoK or not...It's not the end of the world. But it's funny that blizzard is so damn naiivi. "Bring the player not the class" they say and take out most of the unique buffs, ruining half of the specs (Arms warriors, anyone?). Yet they let only ONE class to have the strongest buff in the game... and bloodlust? It's not needed, nope, but it surely is a goddamn push-it-to-the-limit button, when aiming for some achievement or something. Also, this brings another problem:

There is an achievement. Kill X in Y time. If it's doable without bloodlust it will be pretty easy with bloodlust.

And because of the "bring the player, not the class" bullcrap they can't make it to require bloodlust.

Equals that there won't be even single hard dps-race. Not at all. Unless it's like 20minutes long (30 seconds wouldn't affect that much). And no, sarth 3D is not DPS race.

Most healer classes bring some sort of unique buff/utility.

Paladins: blessings, bubble
    Druids: Mark, battle res
    Shaman: bloodlust, totems
    Priests: Divine spirit

You guys need to remember that BoK started out as an Last Tier talent on the prot specc. They moved and made it much easyer to be attained so that IMBA end-game no-life freaks won't force peeps to do a useless specc just to have that buff, and it's the same here and now. It's pretty annoying when you have to choose between about 8% crit from going about 20 pts in retry, as a holy pala when you need to give 5 points in prot just to get a buff. The only side effect is that you'll see the same specc for holy palas, and that's around 51/0/20 and a 0/5/63 (yes, i know there are more talent points, and I made that specc forcing to think that Hand of Freedom that removes stun is usefull in PvE, or else there would be 61). They are just making a usefull talent, wich EVERYONE used in the past, not to be such a pain in the butt to attain.

It's just like saying, why are mages and locks getting the replenishment buff that only the surva hunter/shadow priest and retry pala gave?

Also, palas have a little bit more to give to a raid except the blessings buff. We have the pretty neat aggro reducement hand (wich was better in the past, but, so it be), heal and mana regen with the judgements, also giving some (3%) crit from it, haste or extra healing or pushback effect reduced and in the end, the prot pala still is the best aoe and trash tank, and even more, the holy pala is the best single target healer. Speaking from healing output and mana eficiency.

15+ Year Old Account

offhand - difference is just as others have mentioned that not all those are "crucial" buffs.

Kings and bubble can be semi crucial, same with Battleres. Bloodlust helps ALOT and divine spirit is meh compared to any of those - you would hardly think about it if they removed it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerak
    "Bring the player, not the class". Oh but youll bring a warrior to MT, youll bring the class. Youll also bring a shaman for Bloodlust / heroism, once again you bring the class. For progress kills, you bring the class.
    HAHA, yeah right.....you bring a warrior MT for progression...... It's lich king time, i tank with my druid and with my dk and i assure you, that they are not lacking in any sense compared to a warrior. Actually both are preferred by our healers compared to our (equally geared) warrior and paladin tanks, but yeah, warrior for progression....../facepalm.