Is JC going into the tank?

I've noticed that on my server cut gem prices have been tanking lately, was curious if others were experiencing the same problem. And what should I do to keep the gold flowing in? Keep Prospecting ore, Selling ore, Selling uncut gems, selling cut gems, selling crafted items, dragons eyes, etc...

Any input is appreciated

FYI My server is Shadowmoon

Re: Is JC going into the tank?

My guess would be that the majority of people have cleared Naxx tons of times by now, and pretty have have the gear they want to have. Earlier in WotLK, people were replacing gear like crazy, hence demand for gems went up. Additionally, I find there to be a lot of jewelcrafters, at least on my realm, because of the dragon's eye gems, and the monarch crab, etc. Icy prism + frozen orbs being 40g on my realm, also increased the number of gems in circulation. Monarch topazes used to go for 200g ish when I first started getting them on my DK, now, I'd be lucky to sell them for 35. So all these factors, plus a few more, are probably contributing to the prices falling.

Dragon's eyes and disenchanting stoneband/guard rings, all you need to know.

While the price of cut gems has certainly gone down on my server, I'm making more gold than ever selling the epic rings and excess dragon's eyes. I also advertise my skill in trade during down time (waiting for raids and such). It's more often than not that people tip big for rare cuts, or just out of kindness. I made several hundred gold yesterday in tips for a few minutes worth of work.

ore is going way down as well.

so long as you have the most popular cuts, it's still a profit to prospect and sell CUT gems.

Sovereign/Inscribed/Potent/Runed/Smooth/Rigid/Glowing

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran
    With that are you Disenchanting the Stoneband/gaurd rings yourself or are you putting them up in the AH hoping Enchanters will buy?

You buy the eternals for ~10g, DEs into the 74-80 range which is 2-5 dust I belive, being an average of 12-28g per ring, just find an enchanting friend who will DE for you, or find one and give him a couple gold tip

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :-X

Quote Originally Posted by txbone
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :-X
    LOL!

No Worries not like your on my server now are you?

Well then, If enchanting is important to JC, Should one keep mining or toss it for Enchanting and just buy the ore from the AH?

Unfortunately too many people are finding out about the eternal earth/eternal shadow rings. On Bloodhoof this week the price of the eternals has risen nearly 200%.

If you are not already disenchanting them for gold now I don't suggest making it a long term plan. It, like prospecting, is going to tank sooner than later.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on the AH for cheap eternals and spam trade about buying bulk eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi1091
    Well then, If enchanting is important to JC, Should one keep mining or toss it for Enchanting and just buy the ore from the AH?
    I have chanting/JC and it is GODLY. Aside from making cheap rings to DE, DE'ing old gear for mats for yourself or to sell saves/makes a ton of gold. Add that to the bonus ring enchants from having JC and you're in heaven. I will never change professions on my main.

I have JC/Chanting at max myself (across two toons) and they are an amazing combo and though I don't 'make' alot of money (I also dont really try to) I save so much money and i can afford to keep all 4 of my 80s up to date w/ the best chants and gems. My only gripe is the dumb scrolls are a bit costly so it sometimes prevents me from throwing simple chants on a scroll and mailing it to an alt. And yeah dragon's eyes still sell for about 200-225g on my server so that is really nothing to complain about for a daily that doesnt even take 10 minutes to complete.

I was just wondering this myself today, by far this has been the most helpful post I have found on MMO. I was reading here that all JC were goldinoires, so I spent something close to 7k gold to get JC to 425 just to find out the gem prices weren't worth prospecting 2k ores :'(. Only today was a friend trying to explain to me the monkey maker requires you to take enchanting along with JC (something I didn't know). Ohh and if you are wondering why it cost so much to go JC, regardless what town I was in, every single AH, the guy standing next to me, ALL THE TIME, was also leveling up JC rofl . Everytime buy items and run to the mail box, hello average Joe prospecting or making a low lvl item hope to gain a level . Try buying copper ore for 40g a stack while Saronite is 19g ???. So now I gotta go enchanting, here is my question, is enchanting going to cost me another 7k gold to level? Because I am starting to get completely broke. As a previous post stated, my server too is almost filled with JC and prices are rediculously low on gem. Also, lots of people seem to be using their dailies for get the dragons eye, why aren't they saving the token to buy the JC recipts, is there an alternate source? I am missing something else... WTB book: Secrets to JCing 101: How to maximize profit. BTW, I am JC/mining, should I lose mining for Enchanting? I noticed the ring enchants are not bad either. Also I am pally tank/healer. Please advice... (This is not a thread hostile takeover situation, just trying to get some help and not start an entirely new post).
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

15+ Year Old Account

On Skullcrusher there is extreme variance in the price of gems. Regardless of the quantity listed, some blues are selling for as little as 7-8g, while others are selling for 70-80g.

I do a bit of prospecting, and net roughly the same number of each type. Imo, therefore, supply is not as important in determining reasons for the price fluctuations from gem type to gem type. It seems to come down to the potential end product in each case.

I did not take up JC to make money. I took it for the BoP gems and for the rings, necklaces and trinkets. Call me childish (!), but I take great satisfaction in seeing my character equipped with items made by me.

All that said, I have made good gold from JC and continue to do so. There are many strategies for employing JC as a money-maker, and while the honeymoon period has certainly worn off, it can still be very profitable if you know where to look.

Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertue
    Ohh and if you are wondering why it cost so much to go JC, regardless what town I was in, every single AH, the guy standing next to me, ALL THE TIME, was also leveling up JC rofl .
    Well that doesn't surprise me considering every AH from a faction are connected.... You really didn't know that?

To sum things up, there are only 3 different AH on a server. An alliance one, a horde one and a neutral one (accessible from neutral cities). I'm shocked to discover some people don't know that oO

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Well that doesn't surprise me considering every AH from a faction are connected.... You really didn't know that?

To sum things up, there are only 3 different AH on a server. An alliance one, a horde one and a neutral one (accessible from neutral cities). I'm shocked to discover some people don't know that oO
    If you re-read what he wrote you'll understand that what he was saying that no matter what city he was in while he was leveling his own jewelry crafting there was another person there doing the same thing.

Right now the people who are going to suffer the most through this are the ones who do not have any cuts for rare gems. Most of the profit from jewelry crafting is going to start coming from there until another instance is released.

So now I gotta go enchanting, here is my question, is enchanting going to cost me another 7k gold to level? (This is not a thread hostile takeover situation, just trying to get some help and not start an entirely new post).
    The amount of money spent is most related to your patience. If you are determined to power level in a day or two expect to pay dearly for it, especially on a weekend. I leveled my JC up to 425 with about 3k gold, about a month ago, it took almost a week but I only bought the items if they were reasonably priced.

I would think the same would hold true for Enchanting. My best advice would be to offer free enchants in trade on anything that could give you a skill up with there mats. This will obviously take longer but should save you lots of gold in the long run.

edit - for clarity

I dropped my mining because i got tired of running circles for mithril and thorium. I picked up enchanting and so far the selling of dusts, shards, and all that good shtuff has been dope. I am still dropping a lot on JC! I mean, each Azerothian diamond, huge opal, and those thorium prospected gems go for almost 30g in my server each! and thorium ore goes for almost 80g sometimes. On my human pally i was mining/jc and I was making a killing! i got my epic flyer in like 2 days of prospecting and selling gems (but that was about a few days after release). but now I am realizing how difficult it's getting to even hit 300. im still 280 and each skill level can cost me around 20-30g. I like the jc/enchanting combo because i have been DEing a lot of crap i would never use. and, lets face it. there needs to be better gear and bop items for me to choose a different crafting profession, and I have no patience to farm EPL and silithus for thorium. once i hit 300 JC it will be a cruise from there to the 430s

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

So now I gotta go enchanting, here is my question, is enchanting going to cost me another 7k gold to level? Because I am starting to get completely broke. As a previous post stated, my server too is almost filled with JC and prices are rediculously low on gem. Also, lots of people seem to be using their dailies for get the dragons eye, why aren't they saving the token to buy the JC recipts, is there an alternate source?
    Most gold i make atm isn't from selling cut gems tbh.
    I craft massive ammounts of rings/necks each day (think in hundreds) and dis it on my alt that has enchanting.
    Besides that i sell about 20 meta's each day, i'm alch/jc on my main and the raw diamonds i transmute myself.
    So the only prospecting i do is to keep making my raw diamonds and icy prism each day, that is maybe 10stacks or so.

The rest i just pull from the AH, stacks of blue/yellow/orange uncut common gems, eternal earth/shadow for the rings/necks and eternal fire/air for the diamonds and just craft away...
    On a non raiding day and when i'm not on an alt i only see daylight when i'm doing the JC/Cooking daily, the rest of the time i just stand in the IF bank/AH crafting/selling.

Ow and i do spent some time on it, but the most time is spent dissing, crafting is just hit the craft all button and make sure you got enough bagspace

To diss Northrend greens/blues you need skil 375, and yes that wil cost you another few 1000 if you start @ 0.