Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What do you mean you miss SUF?(I still use it fine) anyway, for Unit Frames you should try oUF, it has several skins and they're all pretty awesome (search ouf in WoWInterface). For polishing purposes of the overall UI I would also suggest CleanIcons - Square or CleanIcons - Thin. Your FPS problem might be because of FuBar, try playing without it and see if that changes anything. For buff and debuff skinning/moving you can also try Raven, Masque and its skins also skin your bars. I hate the default WoW font, I changed it as soon as I learned how to, makes a UI look 1000 times better. You could use Fonter for this, so you don't have to go through the hassle of changing your Font folder.

I use all of these addons, I find they make my UI look polished and clean. Hope you like them.

If you dont know lua config try STUF unitframes they are lightweight and verry configurable. Replace for FUbar try SLDT Beta - low memory usage; replace recound with skada and enable just mods you use (heal,dispel etc.) For more resource sparing you can also replace PowerAuras with Weak Auras but this means a lot of config for you since W.A has a bit diferent setup. And Wanderlust for a nice minimap addon with low memory usage

still waiting for Kaytemoss UI

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I'm stugling with low FPS on raids, so I dropped some (more like most of) addons. This is what I have now:

As you can see my FPS is still kind of low (20,7... it dropped to ~13 on one point of this fight) and I have no idea how I could improve that. (deleted WTF, Interface, Cache... traced route to server... nothing seem to help).

I'm new to playing druid, so I have long cast bar for (hopefully) seeing more GCD clearly. Over cast bar I have my power auras and addon called PlayerManaPercent. I also have similar addon to show targets hp percent over target frame, but I really miss SUF. I'm trying to find some light weight frame addon.

Power auras: In the middle, next to harmony timer, there are Wild Growth and Swiftment cooldowns. The one next to Tranquility is Nature's Swiftness cooldown. I also have power torrent proc swirling around Innervate (actually I'm waiting that proc in this pic).

Any improvement ideas or good addons are highly welcome.
    all you really need is some kind of healing addon such as healbot, vuhdo, grid etc all the other things are just a waste of you RAM and isn't necessairy at all!

Field Marshal
    http://postimage.org/image/odjrlt93b/

Nothing major:
    Suf
    Bartender 4
    Chinchilla minimap
    Prat chat addon
    Skada
    Recount
    Satrinasbufframe
    Bolt
    Castbars
    Kgpanels
    Ghost cooldown pulse
    Forte xorcist (paladin)
    Grid + mouseovermacros
    and the ususal raid addons:
    Biggwigs
    ora

This is what I threw together recently. Still needs a lot of filtering of irrelevant information and maybe swapping some addons here and there.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2011-10-27 at 12:51 PM.

I'll apologize in advance for the possible noob question... but I'm a noob healer (disc priest) in the sense that I haven't healed in a raid before, just 5-mans and BH. I'm looking to try it out, and figured maybe I should try to optimize my UI before jumping in. I've found a lot of great suggestions here that I'm looking forward to fiddling with. I have been using Grid + Clique, and Grid Corners Plus, and that seems to work fine for me, but I have a question: do most of you use a separate addon like Decursive or something similar to track debuffs to be dispelled, etc, or do you just use whatever is integrated in your Grid, VuhDo, or rely on DBM warnings, etc? I have my Grid set up currently to show the debuff icon in the center of the box, but I'm wondering if there are cases in some raids where maybe a player has more than one debuff, and one should be dispelled, one not, in which case my current setup wouldn't be ideal. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but just trying to think of ways to improve my setup. Thanks for the help.

Resto Druid

I use a modified version of TukUI.

Unit Frames: Shadowed Unit Frames
    Raid Frames: Grid - Note that I am alone in the screenshot. Grid expands and remains centered and grows upward. I only do 10-mans thus this is not obtrusive.
    Cast Bars: Quartz (I'm using a really awesome skin for this as well as DBM) In the center, the lower bar is mine. Above that is my target, and over my focus frame on the right is (obi) my focus targets.
    Boss Mod: Deadly Boss Mods (I leave just enough room above my unit frame for my pet frame when I have one (when balance or on an alt).
    Buff Bars: Satrina Buff Frames
    Chat Mod: Pratt
    Damage Meter: Recount

Other neat stuff: The SCT looking thing over my chat frame is EavesDrop. It tracks healing taken and done as well as damage taken and done (the way I have it set up). I can easily scroll through events and link them in chat. I first downloaded this when off tanking for my guild on my warrior during wrath. It's awesome to see what's killing you on progression. Love this add-on.

Field Marshal
    I used to use decursive but nowdays i just did mouseover cleanse and use it with grid since atm there aint that many shit that can be dispelled. Its like Rhyolith trash, Alysrazor add fierybolt (only if interupter fails) and Ragnaros (only if someone fails to move) so not that much needed atm. Allso you can config your grid to show certain debuffs on different spots or dont show anything ells except the debuff you want it to show wich makes is simple as hell

Game master's advise to my low FPS / people run in place and then speed run / people start fight and almost die when I'm freezed into happy idling -problems was to delete all addons... again. So I went berserk and started without anything. I sat my toon to busiest spot on SW to see if people started to run in place/freeze. Then one-by-one I selected addons that seemed to work. Power auras & titan panel needed to go. Thanks for people that gave addon suggestions here.

Testing on 5-man:

Finding good buff&defuff addon was the hardest part. Tested; WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, ClassTimer, etc. Either they dropped my fps or configuration for harmony uptime was too hard/unclear (harmony = buff from mastery that should always be active). Now I'm using ForteXorcist and it seems to work nicely. I just needed to remove some tags so it would not track too many things (aka things that I can see from healing frames). I just need to get used to see what spells I can not use, instead on seeing what is available like I had in PowerAuras.

@Pakkpekatt, I tested healbot and vuhdo on FL environment. I needed to add some traccings to Healbot (Baleroc shards, etc). Vuhdo seems to have everything ready. I'm currently using vuhdo.
    Last edited by Iryne; 2011-10-28 at 03:08 PM.

Mine has not changed layout wise in eons.

Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1920x1080.html

Quote Originally Posted by pokafied View Post
    still waiting for Kaytemoss UI
    :/ still waiting for a ragy kill on my side... really not in the "wow mood" to release it atm ^^
    Also, because 4.3 is getting closer and quite a few things will change for us holy paladins that will impact my UI design (no more CD on holy radiance, no need to judge on CD anymore, and 25man raids quite often because of LFR), I might directly release a 4.3 ready package.

If you have any suggestions on how to modify my UI for the above mentioned changes, feel free to share

can someone give me an intelligent answer as to why healbot is so frowned upon at high end raiding?

I have always seen so much QQ about only noobs using healbot blah blah blah but never any intelligent reasoning.

It's an old stigma from back in vanilla days when the API was a lot more open and you could do some automated stuff that you can't do anymore.
    Otherwise it's a very decent healing addon. It doesn't have some of the more advanced features of vuhdo and grid like clustering and aoe healing prediction, arrows, absorbs and so on, and the biggest gripe I have about it is its very poor HoT management (imho obviously. Not everyone will agree I'm sure). The fact it doesn't allow set positions for hots, and greater customization in terms of how to present both hots and their timers, is the greatest minus for me.
    But in terms of capabilities, it will offer all the basic healing info and is probably more user friendly than vuhdo and grid.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2011-10-30 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azreale View Post
    can someone give me an intelligent answer as to why healbot is so frowned upon at high end raiding?

I have always seen so much QQ about only noobs using healbot blah blah blah but never any intelligent reasoning.
    When Blizzard names a boss after your addon because of how difficult it is to heal through the boss fight, your addon gains something of a negative stigma. Loatheb is an anagram of Healbot, and is named specifically because of how prevalent the addon was in raiding when Naxx40 was developed.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    :/ still waiting for a ragy kill on my side... really not in the "wow mood" to release it atm ^^
    Also, because 4.3 is getting closer and quite a few things will change for us holy paladins that will impact my UI design (no more CD on holy radiance, no need to judge on CD anymore, and 25man raids quite often because of LFR), I might directly release a 4.3 ready package.

If you have any suggestions on how to modify my for the above mentioned changes, feel free to share
    I'm more interested in your UI for the layout more than anything so i dont care if something isnt working. If i could get my hands on it il heavily modify it for my own need. As for suggestions i really dunno... a map would be nice

As for suggestions i really dunno... a map would be nice
    Top right, he just has it hidden. You can see the 10man raid icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caebeman View Post
    Top right, he just has it hidden. You can see the 10man raid icon.
    Riiight... How could i miss that.

i dont care if something isnt working.
    agreed, pro UI i'd use it for only a day even if it was going to break, please upload its the bawse!!

I really have to say, i hate it, when someone says, hey here is my interface and then its a 200x100 thumbnail, that cant be enlarged!!!