Thread: Post Your UI

I'm using ElvUi, because i'm too lazy to make my own Ui and it's stylish and clean. I would recommand it for other players who needs a simple/cool Ui.
    You can find it on curse.com or wowinterface.com.

testing some auras out. made the auras after seeing a video by laurathegnomemage, credit for a great layout. these were sort of a pain to make though, lol.

There is very little difference between healbot and other addons like it.

Sure there are little things that are visual, but from an actual gameplay point of view there is no difference. I wouldn't listen to anyone telling you healbot is a bad addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    Check out Raven. Can set buffs to bars or icons, and everything is interactive and can be right clicked off. Also skinnable with Masque.
    I followed your advice and I am glad I did. It's an incredible mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    There is very little difference between healbot and other addons like it.

Sure there are little things that are visual, but from an actual gameplay point of view there is no difference. I wouldn't listen to anyone telling you healbot is a bad addon.
    I think (heard it from sources I judged reliable in that case) that healbot is pretty performance hungry, compared with the better ones of the alternatives. But that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Racerover View Post
    I followed your advice and I am glad I did. It's an incredible mod!
    As did I, have been using Bison and it doesn't play nice with a lot of Masque skins...Though I'm having trouble getting Raven to do what I want, but I'm sure if I toy around with it enough I can get it.

Add me on LoL: jries
    Add me on XBL: jries1

Screenshot (raiding environment, out of combat):
    puu.sh/6ZuR
    Video (Ragnaros Heroic):
    youtube.com/watch?v=yh3tg2fEioY

Addons:
    - ElvUI (with a lot cut out and ripped out the action bars).
    - DXE (skinned towards my ElvUI skin)
    - CoolLine (skinned towards my ElvUI skin)
    - DocsDebugRunes (skinned towards my ElvUI skin, the 7 red bars in the middle)
    - MikScrollingBattleText
    Last edited by z0mg; 2011-11-05 at 11:32 AM.

I dont like tukui , but you are saving good space in your screen

Quote Originally Posted by z0mg View Post
    puu.sh/6ZuR
    Video (Ragnaros Heroic):

Addons:
    - MikScrollingBattleText

I couldn't even think where to begin to edit ElvUI that heavily :P looks really nice

puu.sh/6ZuR
    Video (Ragnaros Heroic):

Addons:
    - MikScrollingBattleText
    Very nice edit, not usually a fan of TukUI but this edit I like.

Quote Originally Posted by karlodav View Post
    I dont like tukui , but you are saving good space in your screen
    Yeah, I used to have really cluttered UIs (not terrible, but you know, like default TuKUi etc). Now I can't stand seeing anything anymore.
    At this point my 7 action slots have it's own reasoning:
    1. Dark Simulacrum <-- Bound, but I need the spell somewhere to see what I stole.
    2. Raise Ally <-- Bound, could just move it elsewhere really, but kept it there incase & to keep the width at 7 slots .
    3. Army of the Dead <-- Clicked, don't want to cast it by accident. Could bind it and remove it.
    4. Empower Rune Weapon <-- Clicked, don't want to cast it by accident. Could bind it and remove it.
    5. Potion <-- Clicked, don't want to cast it by aciddent. Could bind it and remove it.
    6. Pillar of Frost <-- Bound, but left it there to be able to do a smoothe rotation and use my mouse to pop my CDs while nuking.
    7. Racial <-- Bound, but left it there to be able to do a smoothe rotation and use my mouse to pop my CDs while nuking (not macro'd to PoF as I sometimes need to save the 2 minute cooldown, while PoF (1 minute) will be back in time.

So all in all I could remove my entire action bar and only find something for Dark Simulacrum to show what spell it stole. However, right now the 7 slots fit the rest of the construction perfectly (the length of the rune bars and all that just work spot on for me). Removing any action slots would require me to think of something else to keep the width somewhat how it is now. Due to that I just kept it as it is atm.
    Anyone has any tips on what I could do for that? If I could play with 0 action bars that would be so cool.

puu.sh/6ZuR
    Video (Ragnaros Heroic):

Addons:
    - MikScrollingBattleText
    Seriously. Sexy. S.E.X.Y - DOWNLOAD LINK PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jries View Post
    As did I, have been using Bison and it doesn't play nice with a lot of Masque skins...Though I'm having trouble getting Raven to do what I want, but I'm sure if I toy around with it enough I can get it.
    Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlKr5dwF6g

Helped me a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    Seriously. Sexy. S.E.X.Y - DOWNLOAD LINK PLEASE!!!!
    But it only works for DKs that play with 7 spells on visible bars. Are you sure you are fine with that? Really, a LOT is removed, because I don't care about it, but many others certainly would. You can't determine someone's class by the target frame for example, as they all look like that. For me that work as I easily recognize classes (PvP) from their spells/buffs.

But it only works for DKs that play with 7 spells on visible bars. Are you sure you are fine with that? Really, a LOT is removed, because I don't care about it, but many others certainly would. You can't determine someone's class by the target frame for example, as they all look like that. For me that work as I easily recognize classes (PvP) from their spells/buffs.
    I play a Frost DW DK as my main-alt and raid heroic raids with him. I know all my buttons by heart and those 7 visible spells are basically identical between your setup and mine (trink, pot, CDs, ect..). So yes, I would very much appreciate it and am more then fine with it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by lalaine View Post

testing some auras out. made the auras after seeing a video by laurathegnomemage, credit for a great layout. these were sort of a pain to make though, lol.
    What aura addon is that? Looks pretty neat

Hey guys, I've been working on putting together a new UI recently and was hoping to get some help finding some add-ons or more lightweight versions of the add-ons I have. What I'm looking for:

Cooldown / Buff Tracker: I have used Forte and Sexycooldown bars and while they both work well I have an issue with them. Forte cannot (atleast to the best of my knowledge) track buffs and cooldowns on the same bar, which is what I am looking for. On the flip side, Sexycooldown is able to do this, but with the very simple configuration options for the add-on I am unable to change the flashing border on icons while they overlap. If anyone know's a fix for either of these issues or an add-on that has what I'm lookin for, it would be appreciated.

Buff / Debuff: I'm currently using Satrina Buff Frames, but I get occasional errors with it and was wondering if there was simply a more lightweight version out there.

Range Overlay: I currently use DXE as my boss mod because I prefer it to DBM, however the latest version of DBM has the range overlay 3D model from Bigwigs. I really like this module and am currently running both DXE and DBM simply for the range tracker, which takes up some more memory since you have to load the DBM encounters for the range mod to work. Is there anyway to get just the range mod by itself in a seperate add-on or a more memory effiecent way to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Also, here is what I am currently looking at:

Larger Image.

Feel free to critique and make other suggestions or comments on the UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Quote Originally Posted by Archeye View Post
    Range Overlay: I currently use DXE as my boss mod because I prefer it to DBM, however the latest version of DBM has the range overlay 3D model from Bigwigs. I really like this module and am currently running both DXE and DBM simply for the range tracker, which takes up some more memory since you have to load the DBM encounters for the range mod to work. Is there anyway to get just the range mod by itself in a seperate add-on or a more memory effiecent way to accomplish what I'm looking for?
    The newest DXE has the radar. On the previous page you can see it in the screenshot at the bottom left (normally it's green/red, for me it's gray/red).

wowace.com/media/files/546/982/DXE-v632-8-ge31237e.zip
    \DXE\Windows\Radar.lua

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    I play a Frost DW DK as my main-alt and raid heroic raids with him. I know all my buttons by heart and those 7 visible spells are basically identical between your setup and mine (trink, pot, CDs, ect..). So yes, I would very much appreciate it and am more then fine with it! XD
    I will need your resolution to see if it's working for it.

To find something that suits you, check out some of these links for a few options on:

Cooldowns and Buff\Debuff.

For your boss mod question, you seemed to have answered it already. You are using two boss mods at the same time to get the benefits from both. There's no way to use less addons besides using either one or the other.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Feedback?
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-06 at 05:30 AM.