Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Yeah i guess its more simple with a plain color than the gloss do u think the height of the playerframe was better than the target?, think i made the player frame 6 pixels higher to 50 pixels , just to see the portrait better.

Deleted
    Didnt notice the height difference and tbh its very close to the same as your grid/vuhdo so maybe use the same height and align them would look good?

Personally I dislike big unitframes, they just become too bulky for my taste and also I so no real need to have better view of the portrait as it serves no real purpose. Of course this is just my personal opinion. As I mentioned earler, I still find the target unit frame much more pleasing to the eye

Deleted
    Yeah i think the target frame is the same size as vuhdo, but think i´ll stick to the abit higher player frame for portrait looks , thx for ur replies <3

Boooo portraits boooo. Sigh, and I was liking this Ui

Deleted
    Whats wrong with portraits if they are just in the backround?

They serve no functional purpose at all and distract from the health bar, and are just distracting in general.
    Also, most of the time the portraits don't even display a relevant section of the model as we can see by the lovely view of a nice pair of shoulders in the screenshot.
    If you want to have a portrait, go for it, but let's see a relevant part of the model and not have the portrait obstructing important Ui elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    They serve no functional purpose at all and distract from the health bar, and are just distracting in general.
    Also, most of the time the portraits don't even display a relevant section of the model as we can see by the lovely view of a nice pair of shoulders in the screenshot.
    If you want to have a portrait, go for it, but let's see a relevant part of the model and not have the portrait obstructing important Ui elements.
    On the contrary i would say, instead of reading the name you can quite easily both in pve and pvp see the difference on the target you have and the one you should have with the portrait. Or at least for me its a lot faster looking at a picture then seeing a name the might be to long so you cant see it all or you cant quickly know because its been shortened to look pretty.

But everyone uses different parts of their UI if different depending on what works best for them.

Had some time today and finally did the raid frames, this is where I kinda went a bit off track from Ish's original look in his UI as I mainly dps and Ish seems to be playing resto.

I think it's starting to shape up, though still not as good as the original, but I feel I've learned from trying to re-do the UI by myself. Thanks Ish for the inspiration <3

Pictures still come off blurry, makes me sadpanda =(

Deleted
    U could also say that having a healthbar for a healer serves no function since u got healingframes, so u could aswell just go with a manabar :P, And disabling the portrait is kinda easy if ppl dont want it

Guess its just a personal preference about the portraits, i have no lua knowledge at all but i feel happy that im learning new things everyday,
    just by looking at wowapi,other codes ,copying and pasting, trial and errors,
    Last edited by mmoc2569500d57; 2012-02-08 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    here is my ui:

im not allowed to post links/pics

A single space would've done the trick too you know :P
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-08 at 07:05 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    Played around with stuf portraits, dunno what do u think, playerframe vs target.

Upload this to wowinterface and give me the download link. PLEASE.

Deleted
    Guess i could just feel i need to fix some things first, totemtimers are broken,my cooldown doesnt scale well depending on how many cds u have so, and take a look at masque. Been trying to learn some lua lately but will try to get it up on wowinterface when i its ready
    Last edited by mmoc2569500d57; 2012-02-08 at 02:04 AM.

Downloaded Infinity Plates to try them out. Obviously made a few lua changes as the default isn't exactly my aesthetic. This is the result:

I think I am going to modify the color gradiation a bit on the health %.

<3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    I think it's starting to shape up, though still not as good as the original, but I feel I've learned from trying to re-do the UI by myself. Thanks Ish for the inspiration <3
    I use to mention a lot back in the day that inspiring others is the main reason I post and upload my Ui(s).
    I'm always happy to help keep the creative juices flowing :P

Did you have fun playing with all those panels?

<3
    Ish
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2012-02-08 at 05:23 AM.

Here's mine still need to change some stuff but so far I am liking what its becoming.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-08 at 07:01 AM.

Also, I don't post WiP shots much anymore so I guess I will start doing that again.
    This is a new project.
    Working out the actionbar layout.
    Playing around with paneling layouts.
    Unitframes to be enlarged a bit.

<3
    Ish

Also, I don't post WiP shots much anymore so I guess I will start doing that again.
    This is a new project.

<3
    Ish
    Ufs are fine imho, buttons are way too big. The panel with datatext looks good, but sometime people wants more buttons, think in that way (so eventally more buttons won't look bad).

My .02$
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Downloaded Infinity Plates to try them out. Obviously made a few lua changes as the default isn't exactly my aesthetic. This is the result:

I think I am going to modify the color gradiation a bit on the health %.

<3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 05:22 AM ----------

I use to mention a lot back in the day that inspiring others is the main reason I post and upload my Ui(s).
    I'm always happy to help keep the creative juices flowing :P

Did you have fun playing with all those panels?

<3
    Ish
    WTB that lua code, or at least the font you used

Deleted
    This is a new project.

<3
    Ish
    Reminds me of Duke's UI's to be honest. That and to many actionbars.

Deleted
    This is a new project.

<3
    Ish
    Looks good, i think the buttons are way to big aswell, I suppose this is maybe a dps layout? was thinking about position of the raid frames.