Thread: Post Your UI

The Patient
    Top left is the Vuhdo config menu and the middle one looks like Powerauras or Weakauras menu. Either way they are just menus that are open to show all the ui options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Overall it's a step in the right direction I'd think.
    Certainly is. But the UI is still taking up far more screen space than it needs to. You're looking at almost 45% of your entire screen not being visible.

Reduce the size of some elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Now I snagged ElvUI and am fiddling with the stuff to get it in a workable state.
    It looks good because it's designed. It doesn't look good because the lay-out makes little sense, and here are a few reasons why:

The Action bars on the side are completely squeezed in as if you hadn't accounted for the placement of the Threat meter and Recount. (You hadn't).

You have way more Action bars than you really need to.

The location of both your Tooltip and Class bar are in a really awkward position, and doesn't align with anything else.

Your Threat meter and Recount are placed as if you have no spacial awareness.

- If you're up for the task, I'd strongly recommend compiling your own UI.

Evaluate what you really need. Plan the UI by placing the different elements in your head, or draw it on paper.

The finished product may look completely different from what you had pictured in your mind, but at least you went in with a rough idea.

Make it aesthetically pleasing when you have everything roughly down. Addons such as KgPanels, SexyMap and Masque are great for customizing the over-all looks of the UI; giving it your personal touch. Also use a highly customizable Unit Frame addon, such as Stuf.

And if you have any questions, feeling lost, looking for feedback, or just need a fresh eye; the MMO-C community is both helpful, and innovative.

Been busy remaking UI's since my Hard Drive died, but here's a recent UI I've been working on outside of VxtUI.

Screen:

Using a texture made by Kaitain of EU-Ravencrest. Literally all the thanks goes to Kait for the SEXY striped bar texture that this UI focuses around. And before you ask, no this is not Elv/Tuk. I make my UI's from the ground up, using individual addons. Sharing this UI right now with only guild members and RealID friends. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Vxt; 2012-08-24 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Been busy remaking UI's since my Hard Drive died, but here's a recent UI I've been working on outside of VxtUI.

Screen:

Using a texture made by Kaitain of EU-Ravencrest. Literally all the thanks goes to Kait for the SEXY striped bar texture that this UI focuses around. And before you ask, no this is not Elv/Tuk. I make my UI's from the ground up, using individual addons. Sharing this UI right now with only guild members and RealID friends. Enjoy!
    Personally I dislike the HP bar texture a lot. It hurts to look at. :')
    Also, making your buffs in the top left corner the same size as your action bar buttons would look better - more consistency!
    Other than those 2 points; looks awesome

EDIT: Omg. My sister has the same name as the player logging on your Real.id in chat. She doesn't play WoW, but it's still creepy!
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-23 at 11:39 PM.

Also got my Care-influenced UI remade.

Screen:

Nothin special, but it was fun making the UF's in Stuf rather than Qulight's ouf skin.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Also got my Care-influenced UI remade.

Screen:

Nothin special, but it was fun making the UF's in Stuf rather than Qulight's ouf skin.
    Love this one. But I'm just a sucker for anything CareUI related :P
    Off topic: Dalaran has people in it on your server? I jelly.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-24 at 01:37 AM.

Illidan = Highest pop US. Org is bad. Dal also has portal to caverns of time for DS.

Lovely as usual Raizenyokai.. Nice work!

Many thanks to Gamelol for the signature.

Raizenyokai your ui looks great

will you upload it?

Which UI are you referring to? I have 6 UI's so I get confused.

Which UI are you referring to? I have 6 UI's so I get confused.
    Consolidate/abandon, son!

I just use dominoes and a few other addons that don't do anything for the UI.

Quse! You know i have a problem!

Hello, my name is Raizenyokai and I am an interface addict.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-08-24 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added ui shot
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    What raid frame addon is that?
    It's default vuhdo, I've slightly changed it since the screenshot but looks almost the same. Just out of the box idle should look similar.

The player frames are Shadowed Unit Frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Current:

I really want some feedback on this, I haven't bothered making a new proper UI on this PC, but returning to ElvUI feels good.
    Throw all your ideas at me.

http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg

Decided to change back the player and target frame, felt to cramped with having everything in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Current:

I really want some feedback on this, I haven't bothered making a new proper UI on this PC, but returning to ElvUI feels good.
    Throw all your ideas at me.

http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg
    - Castbar, Actionbar 1+2 aren't same width.
    - Same for your Dot Timer above the target frame.
    - Some of your unit frames have font outline, some don't.
    Rest is more or less Elv UI, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Decided to change back the player and target frame, felt to cramped with having everything in the center.

With that grey it looks kinda depressing. Just kidding.
    - I would put 2-3 less buffs per row, so your combat text doesn't overlap
    - Boss frame looks a bit out of place - or is that focus?
    - You have a lot of different button borders in use
    - Some elements have font outline, some don't.
    - Give some love to your minimap.
    Rest is solid.

--

My UI: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...412_184820.jpg
    I know, UF has different borders than buffs/debuffs, but tried the same border overall, looks shit.
    And I love class colored. Pink ftw.
    I also changed the position of the minimap ~10 px left, so it aligns with party frames, buffs, etc.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-08-25 at 12:54 PM.
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

@Joyful: I would consider possibly moving the castbar to align with forte with a small pixelgap between. And if you use PitBull mirror the bars of the boss frames and target+tot so it flows from the middle to the right instead of from the right to the middle
    Last edited by Xintic; 2012-08-25 at 12:55 PM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

Armory - Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    With that grey it looks kinda depressing. Just kidding.
    Think I might try and work too get a few more colors in, without it looking totally random. Will see how I do that.
    - I would put 2-3 less buffs per row, so your combat text doesn't overlap
    I have it like the top row is buffs with >2min duration and the lower row is with buffs thats <2min duration. Might try and blacklist some auras or all auras.
    - Boss frame looks a bit out of place - or is that focus?
    The unitframe above my player frame is focus and above that focus target. Boss Frame is the one completely to the right on the screen, will align too the same hight as player and target fram.
    - You have a lot of different button borders in use
    I will probably have to make them all like my powerauras are since you can't change the powerauras ones. As far as I know at least.
    - Some elements have font outline, some don't.
    Grid, bigwigs and cast bar? Or do you see any farther more?
    - Give some love to your minimap.
    Will do
    Rest is solid.
    Thanks, will try and work on your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    @Joyful: I would consider possibly moving the castbar to align with forte with a small pixelgap between. And if you use PitBull mirror the bars of the boss frames and target+tot so it flows from the middle to the right instead of from the right to the middle
    Ahh yeah, good spot, gotta see if I can make it work with my healers as well then.
    Last edited by Joyful; 2012-08-25 at 01:26 PM.