Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7861
    Quote Originally Posted by Valadar View Post
    /snip Out of combat
    /snip In combat
    You actually made a UI which doesn't make xperl look like a huge pile of *beep*. I'm impressed!
    However:
    Do you need the mini menu bar showing? You can bind each one, and then hide the bar
    There are a lot of buttons on your screen, maybe you could hide the ones which you don't need to see. Example. I'm sure you know which binding is Mutilate by now. Hide it!
    On the first screenshot, the panel in which Grid was positioned was lower down by 1 pixel, but in the second one it's fine.
    You have 2 lots of combat text. Why? :P

    I prefer minimal UIs to ones which are created for functionality, but this one is good overall. Simple. but good.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-09-02 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #7862
    Finished my UI... Well, kinda. Had to make the change from Serenity to JSHB, sorta the same, Serenity felt easier to make things to way I wanted them. JSHB feels impossible to move timer bars around. Not aligned properly in the slightest.

    The same addons in this patch are using about 7 more mb than last patch. Used to run about 16-17 mb, now it's running 23-24. SUF went from about 1.2 to 5.1. Raven went from less than .7 to almost 3. And Masque went from near non-existent to 2.5. Any ideas?

    Everything feels weird after playing on a 20 inch screen for the last few years and all of a sudden getting a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen.

    http://i.imgur.com/ySCKM.jpg

    Leveling my 3rd Hunter (currently level 23). xD

    I like the looks of my nameplates but it's pretty hard to target enemies. Not really a fan of the default Tidyplates, any ideas? Preferably something I can change the fonts on, Fonter doesn't help.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  3. #7863
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    148
    Just checked a lot of nameplate addons out and most of them require that you switch the font files out of the folders if you want to change them. The ones that don't off the top of my head are TidyPlates and Aloft. KuiNameplates has been updated for MoP, shNameplates will be updated soon™ the author says. I personally use the nameplates from MonoUI since they look pretty similar to what my old nameplates did (dNameplates).

    I'll try get a proper screenshot of my UI up sometime today if I can drag myself away from doing archaeology. ^_^


  4. #7864
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    /snip

    http://i.imgur.com/ySCKM.jpg

    Leveling my 3rd Hunter (currently level 23). xD

    I like the looks of my nameplates but it's pretty hard to target enemies. Not really a fan of the default Tidyplates, any ideas? Preferably something I can change the fonts on, Fonter doesn't help.

    I use KuiNampeplates. Gives all the info you need (Some people prefer for them to show buffs/debuffs but I think it's unnecessary).

    I've finally got round to configuring my UI for 5.0.4 (I've been working a lot recently). Some AddOns are out of date which is annoying but I've mostly got it the way I like it.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-09-02 at 04:43 PM.

  5. #7865
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    148
    Out of combat


    In Combat/Raid


    Small changes since my last iteration. I changed some addons around and switched up textures/fonts.

    ~5mb memory usage in raids.
    - Aurora
    - bChat
    - BigWigs
    - CError
    - DocsDebugRunes
    - FreebTip
    - m_Nameplates
    - oUF_Skaarj
    - rActionBarStyler, rActionButtonStyler, rBuffFrameStyler
    - sFilter
    - Skada
    - tullaCC
    - tullaRange
    - Wanderlust
    Last edited by frantik; 2012-09-02 at 06:22 PM.


  6. #7866
    Field Marshal Senit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    87
    How are those of you using oUF dealing with the new Demonic Fury bar for warlocks?
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

  7. #7867
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    How are those of you using oUF dealing with the new Demonic Fury bar for warlocks?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rlockSpecsBars

    I don't have experience with other oUF layouts other than Skaarj but from what I can see he has used this plugin for his layout. It also deals with the Soulshards and Burning Embers. I have very limited lua knowledge so I can't really help you further than that. :P


  8. #7868
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    How are those of you using oUF dealing with the new Demonic Fury bar for warlocks?
    I've written them by myself.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-09-02 at 08:04 PM.


  9. #7869
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I gota say, I love how the Healthbar and Manabar are separated. I've tried to get that effect for sometime. May I ask what addon you're using for that?
    No Envy, No Fear


  10. #7870
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    148
    That would be oUF_Qulight. Looks similar to the edited version in Carebear's UI here.


  11. #7871
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I gota say, I love how the Healthbar and Manabar are separated. I've tried to get that effect for sometime. May I ask what addon you're using for that?
    The unitframes are stolen from Carebear's UI :P They are out of date at the moment. (I used to have raid frames stolen from Carebear's UI too but they don't work anymore)
    I need to find a nice new unitframe AddOn soon...

  12. #7872
    This is my brand new ui for MOP. The ui has the ELV core and the only additions are omen, skada, weak aura and Grid2. I have also included a link to a video showing weak aura in action.




    youtube video of elemental shaman using weak aura:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-17i...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by clockmasher; 2012-09-03 at 01:03 PM.

  13. #7873
    This will probably be what i use in mop, still a wip lots of things to iron out, but main theme and layout is more or less done i think!

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjlzgh9e8z...412_084332.jpg

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp8l7d5qs9...312_193705.jpg


    Base of the UI is FreeUI and unitframes is a butchered oUF_Phanx.

    -_-V

  14. #7874
    Quite a list showing the new class bars of Roth UI (MoP Beta)

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by zorker; 2012-09-04 at 07:35 AM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Zork UI | Roth UI (outdated) | Github | Zork (WoW) | Zork (D3) | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  15. #7875
    Stood in the Fire Shpetznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Out of combat


    In Combat/Raid


    Small changes since my last iteration. I changed some addons around and switched up textures/fonts.

    ~5mb memory usage in raids.
    - Aurora
    - bChat
    - BigWigs
    - CError
    - DocsDebugRunes
    - FreebTip
    - m_Nameplates
    - oUF_Skaarj
    - rActionBarStyler, rActionButtonStyler, rBuffFrameStyler
    - sFilter
    - Skada
    - tullaCC
    - tullaRange
    - Wanderlust
    Download Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

  16. #7876
    Juuust ElvUI and some stuff.




  17. #7877
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    This will probably be what i use in mop, still a wip lots of things to iron out, but main theme and layout is more or less done i think!

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjlzgh9e8z...412_084332.jpg

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp8l7d5qs9...312_193705.jpg


    Base of the UI is FreeUI and unitframes is a butchered oUF_Phanx.

    -_-V
    You still live? Nice. Looks quite solid. I would change the shadow a bit.
    And high five for oUF_Phanx fellow. Btw, which raid frames are these?

    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Quite a list showing the new class bars of Roth UI (MoP Beta)

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Except the Rune Bar, beautiful. I love the Demonic Fury bar, damn.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-04 at 10:05 AM.
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  18. #7878
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    You still live? Nice. Looks quite solid. I would change the shadow a bit.
    And high five for oUF_Phanx fellow. Btw, which raid frames are these?
    Yep, i still lurk around a little bit. =)

    In what way would you change it? i like the shadow, im still playing around with color of it though.

    Raidframes are coded in the oUF layout.

  19. #7879
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I don't hate it as an AddOn, but it's appearance is horrible. For that reason I prefer Skada
    And I thought Skada looks nearly the same as Recount. My bad. :P
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  20. #7880
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Yep, i still lurk around a little bit. =)

    In what way would you change it? i like the shadow, im still playing around with color of it though.

    Raidframes are coded in the oUF layout.
    I like it, too. It is just a bit "too much", a bit less would look a bit better, I guess. Or maybe just less alpha.

    ORLY? Which oUF? Phanx? I don't have any raid frames.. or in Free UI?
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •