Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9281
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Quick update on my UI

    With the help of the amazing author of Raven i got my buffs/debuffs via some edits to match the "rectangle" look from my actionbar and WeakAuras CD's.

    I can see myself in the screenshot!

  2. #9282
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,632
    One last update before santa comes!

    Made the unit-frames bigger. Got pixel borders on nearly everything but it's annoying the hell outa me that some are broken and not aligned so I shoved multisampling up to 4x and now they all fit in, buuut they look a little bit 'fuzzy' again.

    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  3. #9283
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    One last update before santa comes!

    Made the unit-frames bigger. Got pixel borders on nearly everything but it's annoying the hell outa me that some are broken and not aligned so I shoved multisampling up to 4x and now they all fit in, buuut they look a little bit 'fuzzy' again.

    Your UI! I MUST have it! what is that chat mod?

  4. #9284
    Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Your UI! I MUST have it! what is that chat mod?
    Phanx Chat

    Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.

  5. #9285
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Phanx Chat

    Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.
    Thank you!! Going to be building a new UI tomorrow, unless your brother from another mother will post a .zip/rar

  6. #9286
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Holbæk, Denmark
    Posts
    8
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"

  7. #9287
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.

  8. #9288
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Holbæk, Denmark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.
    Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!

  9. #9289
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  10. #9290
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.
    Yeah I'm using the standard xCT from RothUI (Diablo). As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  11. #9291
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    My UI in action on Feng.
    Any chance at a download? I'm really intrigued about your UI.

  12. #9292
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    which addon u use for healers mana bars?
    tnx
    It's just another panel made with Vuhdo

  13. #9293
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.
    For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!

  14. #9294
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!
    for your main spells its easy enough, for cds and spells with like a 10sec+ cd, you should use Weak Auras or a CD timer, it helps alot, i have a few buttons on show to see the "situational" stuff like nitro boosts, ive moved away from having everthing visible, makes my ui look a bit clunky otherwise

    Edit: How my UI looks now; Drayarr UI!
    Edit2: Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2012-12-27 at 07:57 PM.

  15. #9295
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

    A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  16. #9296
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

    A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions
    Thanks for that.
    Offtopic: depends what you want for pve I'd probably go to silvermoon.....wait what... You have a girlfriend!!!?!!?!!!

  17. #9297
    Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    Far from perfect.
    But good enough that i slack around with finishing it.

    I would change the style of PowerAuras/WeakAuras by using Clean Icons, this would look much better then the default blizzard borders around the icons.

  18. #9298
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!



  19. #9299
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!
    Your UI is just awesome! Even sexycooldown (which usually is an eyesore) looks really good there.
    Would you mind sharing it with a fellow pally? :P

  20. #9300
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!



    That's a really awesome looking UI. I love everything about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •