Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Any chance to download your UI? Could need it for my shaman, its so clean and nice.
    I second this, this would be very nice for my warlock.

  2. #9842
    just updated mine, very happy with it now.

    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-01-25 at 09:23 AM.

  3. #9843
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,605
    Lots for me to respond to!

    Quote Originally Posted by Distefano View Post
    Looks very nice. I always concidered your UI's an inspiration for my personal UI work, minimal but still with all required information in place.
    What's your idea about buffs/debuffs/auras setup on the player and target frames? I'm always having a hard time making minimalistic frames and messing arround with the buff layout. I feel buffs/debuffs make or break your layout. Do you just show all (de)buffs or did you try filtering them? Just one row or let them stack?
    At the moment I'm still messing around with the party frames quite a lot. I am testing the position of everything and having the buffs above the frames make them feel like they take up too much room whereas a slight overlap allows them to take up less screen space but you're also able to see them and the health bar. The buffs are filtered to show my buffs for when I heal on one of my many alts. I think that an actual filter to show only specific buffs would be better just to track the specific healing and buff spells.

    With buffs and debuffs I've tried quite a few things. Filtering to just show my own on the target, lower alpha or grayed out debuffs that aren't mine and just having them all show at once.

    I'm not a fan of displaying only my debuffs anymore because they can look out of place if they're not aligned with the frame correctly. I like to have one row of debuffs above the frame with a row of buffs above that. This provides more than enough space to show my debuffs whilst adding a few other player's debuffs for aesthetics.

    The debuffs go closer to the frame than buffs because in PvE an NPC doesn't get as many buffs as it does debuffs, so during a raid or fight you'd have a large gap if the NPC doesn't have a buff then a row of debuffs above that gap which doesn't seem right.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    What unit frames are those? They look really nice.
    I'm using oUF_Qulight as my base layout which I've been editing over the years.

    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Would this interest you?
    Thanks for this I will give that a try later today! (:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    1. The % symbols drive me crazy. Can't you just color the hp% as green to red and remove the % symbol?
    2. For your part frames I would keep the player name class colored when dead and have the hp% say "Dead" instead of 0% when the person isn't alive.
    3. Assuming the colored outlines on the party frames are for threat, those could be a little bit thinner, like 1px prolly.
    4. Your dps meter texture is different than your uf texture. Also, the dps meter placement seems pretty random.
    5. Boss frame placement---also pretty random.
    6. What's the number 10 on your target's debuffs? Whatever it is, the placement is odd.
    7. Chatframe placement is too far in to the screen compared to your minimap.
    8. Combo point display seems disconnected. Perhaps overlay it on top of the bottom edge of your unitframe to mimic the text on your other unitframes.
    I love your critique Ish, always get the little things that mean the most.
    I never thought about removing the % signs; it's actually a good idea so I'll have a mess around with it later today and see what I can come up with.

    The boss frame is actually the default position; I have no idea where else to put it.
    The DPS meter is very random, it's just there because that's where it appeared on the screen when I messed around with it. I'm tempted to put it aligned with the target frame so it needs moving up a little bit to see how that looks.

    The number 10 is the stacks of the debuff and if I overlay my combo points you miss half of the border because of the different levels; no matter what levels I try they just won't appear the health bar even if I set the health bar levels to 1 and the combo points to 10 >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Whie it looks good and works for casual play (nothing wrong with that). It seems too minimalist for a serious raiding UI. Lacks the ability to really track up times on things to maximize performance.
    I couldn't disagree more with you here. It may be too minimalistic for you but for me it's how I have always played. Throw in some boss timers and this UI would be more than perfect for me in a raiding environment. Here's a video of me raid leading with the same addons. They've been edited differently but the core layout is still the same.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  4. #9844
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    - I've changed MSBT CD ready statuses to just be an icon flash on my character the same way Doom Cooldown Pulse does. Only thing I don't like about it is the icons don't have a border but I can't work out how to get Power Auras to flash me the icon of a spell coming off CD but it then disappearing.
    Getting MSBT icons to have a border is an extremely easy fix. Let me know if you need info on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with you here. It may be too minimalistic for you but for me it's how I have always played. Throw in some boss timers and this UI would be more than perfect for me in a raiding environment. Here's a video of me raid leading with the same addons. They've been edited differently but the core layout is still the same.
    Boss timers isn't what I was talking about, you seem to not understand everything I say. The screenshot was you on a rogue, taking that as an example would be there is no definitive way of knowing your slice and dice, since managing max uptime without clipping too much is important for max dps.

    I couldn't imagine what it would be like on a dot heavy class like a kitty druid having to stare at tiny debuff icons with only a hard to see sweeper that doesn't give you actual times and tiny buff icons by your map for things like savage roar (or whatever its called, there is another buff to track as well but I forget the names though)again with nothing but a sweeper on the small icons.

    Either way as I said before it looks good but I think it lacks some details like more indepth tracking for buffs and debuffs that are required for min/maxing dps.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-25 at 12:45 PM.

  5. #9845
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    The screenshot was you on a rogue, taking that as an example would be there is no definitive way of knowing your slice and dice, since managing max uptime without clipping too much is important for max dps. I couldn't imagine what it would be like on a dot heavy class like a kitty druid having to stare at tiny debuff icons with only a hard to see sweeper and tiny buff icons by your map for things like savage roar again with nothing but a sweeper on the small icons.
    I kind of agree with your point here bOOURNS, for once. Knowing first hand what it's like raiding using this UI I can safely say that sometimes you do need some form of tracking, however playing the classes that Carebear normally does (Warrior, Resto Druid and a Holy Paladin) he doesn't really have much of a need for a tracker of sorts, but it would lose out on compatbility and ease of use on characters like a Feral Druid or a Affliction Warlock but in this case at the moment it's not really needed and just uses up extra memory.

    I'm not Care, but I know his UI and his playstyle well, on something like a Rogue the only thing you need to worry about is Slice 'n Dice it's just a case of occassionally glancing at your buffs and your Combo Points and making an educated decision on whether to dump using say Eviscerate or refresh Slice 'n Dice. But if I were playing say a feral druid or affliction lock this would not be my UI style of choice, you'd definitely DEFINITELY have to have some form of debuff/dot tracker.
    [CENTER]

  6. #9846
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Either way as I said before it looks good but I think it lacks some details like more indepth tracking for buffs and debuffs that are required for min/maxing dps.
    I already have those but they're not in that screenshot. sFilter isn't setup for my rogue because I'm just leveling. The sFilter has a setup for my warrior though which can be seen in this screenshot from December.



    -EDIT-

    Tell a lie, it is setup for my rogue. They weren't in the screenshot because sFilter had an extra comma at the end of a line and wasn't working. Just realized because I logged onto my warrior and there were no trackers there either!
    Last edited by carebear; 2013-01-25 at 12:55 PM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  7. #9847
    Still working on my UI, Will probs change in in a week -.- but need to try keep same UI longer!!



  8. #9848
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Still working on my UI, Will probs change in in a week -.- but need to try keep same UI longer!!


    Give us a combat screenshot!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  9. #9849
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I already have those but they're not in that screenshot. sFilter isn't setup for my rogue because I'm just leveling. The sFilter has a setup for my warrior though which can be seen in this screenshot from December.



    -EDIT-

    Tell a lie, it is setup for my rogue. They weren't in the screenshot because sFilter had an extra comma at the end of a line and wasn't working. Just realized because I logged onto my warrior and there were no trackers there either!

    Ever tried mixturing with the pixel font and UI scale to get the UI looking good at that resolution?
    I just got my new work laptop and it too uses 2560x1600.


    What i meant was that i cannot find a font i think looks good enough just yet.

  10. #9850
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Ever tried mixturing with the pixel font and UI scale to get the UI looking good at that resolution?
    I just got my new work laptop and it too uses 2560x1600.

    What i meant was that i cannot find a font i think looks good enough just yet.
    I can get the pixel font to work at 2560x1600 but the pixel perfect borders like to toy around with me at that resolution. That and I like to play with multisampling so I decided to opt out of a pixel UI and I'm enjoying this so far!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  11. #9851
    Care..upload your ui so I can stealz it mwhaha...serious note, would like to try it out

  12. #9852
    OOC:


    10m in combat:


    Always messing with my UI, one of the few things that keep me playing wow lol always room for improvement though, using mostly ElvUi with a couple of regular addons (recount/DBM etc). Pretty proud of how it's looking right now though, next week who knows...

  13. #9853


    Work in progress.

  14. #9854
    In raid:


    In combat:


    In action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RHhnlGOYs

    Not 100% happy with my raid frames.

  15. #9855
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I can get the pixel font to work at 2560x1600 but the pixel perfect borders like to toy around with me at that resolution. That and I like to play with multisampling so I decided to opt out of a pixel UI and I'm enjoying this so far!
    I'm in a dilemma with this.
    I want a pixel based theme because i think they look great and work as they intend to do but most of all the screen on the machine is 13". On the other hand i cannot use a pixel UI because of the resolution, if i lower the resolution the focus is fucked up..

    Could you paste you're font somewhere for me please?

  16. #9856
    Smaller screen = lower resolution = easier to read pixel-fonts.

  17. #9857
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    In raid:


    In combat:


    In action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RHhnlGOYs

    Not 100% happy with my raid frames.
    Try making the Raid Frame a little wider, might feel like it fits in more then.

  18. #9858
    Quote Originally Posted by Solondrielle View Post
    OOC:



    Always messing with my UI, one of the few things that keep me playing wow lol always room for improvement though, using mostly ElvUi with a couple of regular addons (recount/DBM etc). Pretty proud of how it's looking right now though, next week who knows...
    I don't think I can give a lot of good feedback because it just seems cluttered to me where you might think it's space efficient and compact.
    In your combat screenshot there seems to be a lot of overlapping in the middle of the screen. I also think the buffbars are space-inefficient there. Have you tried replacing them with buff icons?


    Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post


    Work in progress.
    Looks good. Except for the bossframe!! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    In raid:
    I would definitely make the raid frames wider. Instead of it being a square, make it a rectangle. You could reduce it's height as well and instead of the health bars being vertical, make then horizontal.
    The only other thing I noticed are the bars on your dps meter and the (boss?)-timers to the left of your screen. You probably prefer it that way, but I personally would have a border on these bars and maybe add a thin outline to the font.

  19. #9859
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    I would definitely make the raid frames wider. Instead of it being a square, make it a rectangle. You could reduce it's height as well and instead of the health bars being vertical, make then horizontal.
    The only other thing I noticed are the bars on your dps meter and the (boss?)-timers to the left of your screen. You probably prefer it that way, but I personally would have a border on these bars and maybe add a thin outline to the font.
    I did have them wider in my video but I was using other colors there. The thing I am most unhappy about is the coloring. Class colors are too bright, but if I invert it, it's too dark. I'd add borders to the BigWigs and Skada if I knew how to do it in an easy way.

  20. #9860
    Ariadne are you considering uploading that UI anywhere by any chance ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •