(I'm painfully aware of some of my action buttons are touching each other, one of the unfortunate problems with using Bartender as it scales the buttons instead of putting them at a fixed size.)
As for BigWigs borders, you can use QuseBossStyles. I made a post earlier about Skada borders, however this requires lua editing which means the changes has to be applied with every update:
It could be your DPS Meeter @ the Elegon issue, I remember during progress some people said they stopped getting it after they disabled their recount however disabling skada did nothing for me. I get that FPS drop at the last phase running close to no addons anyways but I play on a 6 year old laptop so I figured it would be that :/.
Any chance you could maybe upload your grid (or whichever raid frame addon you use) settings if you don't want to upload your whole UI yet? They look exactly like how I'd like mine to be from the look of it on your Sha vid but I'm waaaaay too lazy to ever bother setting up AddOns my self .
Last edited by iNexus; 2013-01-25 at 09:34 PM.
Been playing around a bit with my UI today and came up with this
Bartender for frames, Debuff filter to track buffs, Masque (darion clean) for button look, coolddown count for cooldown timer and Qbrick holy power to track
Alot of abilities are in hidden bars along with their keykind to obtain a more clean look.
Looks good. Definitely get some chat addon and configre Skada to have them fit into your UI. Right now both of those windows completely seem to ruin it for me..
Last edited by psychoholic123; 2013-01-26 at 01:17 AM.
-Made my buffs smaller in the top right, as well as target buffs and debuffs.
-Moved rep bar down below Skada instead of the minimap.
-Moved Time and System Datatexts up into the minimap and removed it's texture to only show the text.
-Moved addon buttons up to where the rep bar used to be.
**WeakAuras are enabled for the screen shot**
-Added "combo point" Weakauras for Maelstrom Weapon stacks when Enhance. (same is used on other classes for combo points, holy power, chi and any other power or orb that stacks for whatever class)
-Above player unit frame tracks Water/Lightning Shield, Weapon Imbues (Earliving, Flametongue, Windfury), Earth Shield.
-Larger center bars are my totems. (ignore it showing four, it's a Dynamic group and very very very rarely will all four be active at once)
-Smaller center bars below totems are Flame Shock on target and Unleash Elements CD. (similar bars are used to track class specific debuffs when playing those)
1. Your flame shock tracker and the one above it have black backgrounds instead of gray backgrounds like everything else.
2. Your shield trackers have transparent backgrounds instead of solid backgrounds like everything else.
3. I don't feel like the class colored borders on your unitframes are necessary. Your target and ToT frames have class identification on the name text and nothing else in the Ui has a class colored border. It makes either the uf's or everything else seem unfinished when the borders don't match up.
4. I am assuming that you placed your minimap, meter panel and chat panel the way that you have in order to visually mimic the rectangular theme you have going on in the Ui, but really the uneven spacing from the top and bottom edges to the left and right edges of the screen just makes it look unintentional. Now, if you want to put some paneling along the top and bottom of the screen to fill that empty space and even out the spacing then I wouldn't count that out as an option.
5. In my opinion, you should take your rep bar and use it on the bottom edge of your minimap so that it will appear the way your aura icons do with their timer bars at the bottom of the icons. That would be a better placement for your bar that would make two elements tie in with your rectangular theme better.
6. I do like the texts much better inside the map like you have now, but its driving me crazy that there is no text on the bottom right corner lol. Put durability text there, or something else just as useful.
7. I hate seeing the addon buttons bar. I don't understand why that has to be visible at all times. When you move your rep bar to the bottom edge of the minimap, keep your addon bar right under that but make it mouse-over so you don't always see it.
8. Lastly, unify all of your colors. The green tone that you are using for your aura timers, rep bar, and ability trackers could all be the same. Same goes for the reds and oranges. You already have a lot of colors going on (which looks good btw, but at least keep some unification)
The Ui is looking really great and the rectangles are slowly growing on me hehe, can't wait to see the update!
Double check your target frame's name text, it looks like it needs to be bumped to the left 1px. I haven't re-installed photoshop yet so I can't double check but it looks like it might need to be adjusted slightly.
Anyone have something nice for pvp? Im mainly healing for arenas, but also for raiding. I really liked http://www.wowinterface.com/download...117&so=&page=2 because of the combat txt that shows whats going on ( on the right), and especially the icons that show your teamates CDs ( im not sure what addon that is). Unfortunately Its not available at 1600 by 900 resolution. I use LUI for a while and i liked that, but its not really what im looking for anymore. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks ^^
Trying to get a close-up, but getting photobombed by a bear >.> No joke person jumped across my screen as I hit print-screen.
Still working on fixing a few things as I see them.
If anyone knows how to get rid of that combat icon on the pframe in elvui, please tell me. I've been searching for ages.
1- This was an oversight and i also noticed after posting will be fixed
2- Totem bars are also transparent, it's just not noticeable at that angle. (#1 should be the same as these and fixed)
3- The class borders are actually the power bars and is the same on my raid frames. I find it handy to have them class colored, they do however match the grey once mana, energy, rage, rune power focus deplete. (I may just have name text color for NPC's instead of class and NPS as i prefer the class color "border" but then for example warriors, dk's, feral/guardian druids won't have any immediate way of knowing the class as they generally start at 0 power)
4- The minimap placement is tricky. I use ElvUI and the edit I've done to the map is why it sits where it is. I use a SetMaskTexture on the map to make it rectangle, so the map is "technically" still square and can not be moved further up since it's edge it at the top of the screen just hidden via the mask. So i had to adjust the chat and Skada to match that. (I believe the adjusting of the chat and Skada to match was made from an earlier comment made some time ago and i never looked back on it)
5- This i 100% agree with and was why it originally was below the map. I only moved it to attempt to make the map "look" smaller as it was earlier said to look large. (I like the map size and don't want to change that. It's not a simple change the size due to my edit on the map, i have to change quite a bit of code to rematch the border to the new size, realign the datatexts, LFG icon, mail icon, dungeon icon, zone location.)
6- I kinda agree with this, but ElvUI only has 2 datatext slots on the minimap. I will try to figure out and see if i can add a 3rd but no promises. (maybe i will just move the system over to align on the right leaving the middle free.)
7- More lua limitations. >_< It's a ElvUI plugin "SquareMinimap Bar/Buttons" so i will have to see if i can figure out how to add mouseover (or wait and see if it gets added, i think someone suggested this as a feature on the addon's page in the Tukui/ElvUI forums) Also I have the addon buttons displayed mainly because i like to know visually when i get a lua error (especially when I'm messing around with everything as for me lua editing is VERY trial and error, mostly error so seeing the red sack is easier as i might not always notice the chat message and annoying lua pop windows are turned off)
8- Going to see if i can change the green on the rep bar. ElvUI doesn't have an option so more lua! As for the bars on Raven and abilities (actionbar and CD's *both not shown*) They all start out as the same green it's just the ones made in weakauras (actionbar and CD's) I've made them transition from green to red during their duration. (this is why you may have noticed all sorts of shades of red/orange) Raven's only change from green to red once <= 5 sec i believe. I might try just making the weakaura bars change red at <= 5 as well. (i wanted to be fancy with transitioning colors ) since i do not know how i would even go about editing Raven to have the colors transition the same.
9- Oops, yep it's 1px to the right aligned with the color part of the "faux" border. Will fix and move it to the left by 1.
---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:35 PM ----------
modules -> unitframes -> construct_elements.lua
around the 420 area you will find
just add a line.Code:function UF:Construct_CombatIndicator(frame) local combat = frame:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY") combat:Size(19) combat:Point("CENTER", frame.Health, "CENTER", 0,6) combat:SetVertexColor(0.69, 0.31, 0.31) return combat end
this would be the easiest way as removing the whole bit might break something.Code:combat:SetAlpha(0)
Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-26 at 07:59 PM.