Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    just to report back - working like a charm

Do not, ever, put the raidframe in the right side of your screen.

The reason is your hand/eye coordination. The left side of the brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa . that means you are "crossing" the wires in your brain while going with your right brain side to the left screen, which significant increases your overall reaction time.

google it up, there are several guides to this and good explanation's why.

hehe thats funny; had no idea about that but immediately changed it when i first got the interface

Huh, Didn't know that, anyhow, doesn't change that I've always played better with them either on the right or in the center and probably always will. Not certain why, feels clumsy having them on the left and my hand eye coordination goes a bit out of whack, if anything, the opposite of what you say, slowing me down and messing with how accurate I am. It's what I've always been used to and where my mouse tends to sit even when playing a dps, just a force of habit.

I think saying that there is a wrong position (well apart from the middle center of your screen, as that's plain dumb) for your raidframes is quite a close minded thing, not everyone is the same.

Also following along your argument, the left side of my brain largely responsible for logic and analytics iirc, is controlling my right hand, with raidframes on the left surely that's when you start crossing "wires" as you're trying to use the left to control something on the left ? I just have my doubts the biological argument holds much water due to how differently people think, if we were all wired up the exact same way surely everyone would have the same dominant eye, the same dominant hand, and the same dominant half of the brain, factor in the variables of the real world aswell, consider seating position distance from screen affecting the area of the screen your eyes naturally focus on, as well as plain and simple muscle memory.

In the grand scheme of things there are just too many different variables leading to different people performing well with different setups leading to different preferences and different habits, (keyword being different anyone?) and ultimatley getting your gameplay down to the level where it becomes second instinct is whats going to increase your performance more than anything else.

Anyhow, whilst it is an interesting topic, don't wish to derail the thread any further, lets see some more of those UI's folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

The reason is your hand/eye coordination. The left side of the brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa . that means you are "crossing" the wires in your brain while going with your right brain side to the left screen, which significant increases your overall reaction time.

I agree. I sometimes play hanging upside down from my ceiling, and have noticed that playing whilst sitting down is actually much better.

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-07-30 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsj View Post
    Me likey likey that UI.

Mind if you could upload it, please?

Here's mine, kinda grow tired of it TBH; hence the above request.

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-08-04 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillix View Post
    Me likey likey that UI.

Mind if you could upload it, please?

Here's mine, kinda grow tired of it TBH; hence the above request.

[IMG][/IMG]
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21922689

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

So, I am left-handed and play with my frames on the left-side of the screen. Am I doing it wrong?

edit: whoops, also, screenshot soon, in order to not mess with the thread
    Last edited by Tinkertee; 2013-08-05 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    Lovely UI. Just curious about your auras about your raid frames - what's the purpose/use of the Lifebloom & Rejuv icons?

Thanks. The LB/RJ is for the focus tank. This way I know, that I don't have to look at my raid frames when using my SM macro, I can just quickly check my RJ icon and can see it can be applied instantly (it also glows if SM is off CD). I also get a SM icon show on my healing frames for when RG/RJ is on the target and SM is off CD. This allows me to also monitor by bigwigs which also sit nicely just above the icons themselves, so everything is central and easy to find, but not in the way so that I can't see where I'm standing etc. I find with resto druid, alot of the spells in 10m don't require you to actually target anyone apart from perhaps HT/RG, but WG/SM/LB can all be focused when not targeting anything using mouse-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegss View Post
    This is the latest of mine, using Affiniti's Raid Frames from his UI, with a little change to my liking. (This screenshot was taken while I was still setting up the Ui, so binds etc haven't been set and a few others things have changed slightly too.)
    Hey, which skin do you use for your skillbars?

Can you please upload it somewhere?

Looks awesome

I'd love to but I'm not sure on how to export it. :/

Tivook
    Feral Druid

EU - Draenor

Probably not most peoples cup of tea, but I like it.

Got some weakauras set up for all temp buffs too, LMG, zerking bl pot SLT etc that aren't showing in that
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-08-30 at 09:45 PM.

I'd love to but I'm not sure on how to export it. :/
    Zip your Interface and WTF folder and upload it? I think that would be fine.

Or you could try and list all the addons you are using (and if possible skins/textures)

Anything works for me, because this is just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Agoraphobic View Post

Probably not most peoples cup of tea, but I like it.

Got some weakauras set up for all temp buffs too, LMG, zerking bl pot SLT etc that aren't showing in that
    doesnt matter. its your UI you have to play with it if you can - fine. Many People use pretty UIs because they look good but thats not realy important

Quote Originally Posted by TheoneknownasDave View Post
    Been messing around with my UI
    Nice and tidy UI with all relevant elements central and not taking up too much screen real estate, I like it. The only thing I'd change (because I'm a perfectionist) would be to center the health deficit text so that it doesn't overlap your PoM-stacks, change the data text font and Recount font (unless it's too annoying to read there) to fit your UF font and probably put a data text bar on the right side of the screen just to balance out the UI. That way you could place your Recount down there instead of underneath your minimap to balance out the chat box What does the yellow-ish line above your actionbars do?
    Last edited by Aesyx; 2013-09-18 at 04:37 AM.