Thread: Post Your UI

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    video is private

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I'm happy with where I've got it to so far. Nothing feels jarring or too out of place (to my eye anyways).
    Let me know what you think
    Pretty interesting gradual redaction of art there. I agree with the lad earlier, not a huuuge artsy ui fan but your base ui looks awesome. If the full functionality is there, along with the general look of it with no additional art, would be perfect... well, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Snip
    Holy... Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post
    Kept the basic layout since TBC, only small alterations as time has gone by.

Any questions, nitpicking, criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated

One day I'll stop being lazy and embrace WA
    I dont usually like contemporary UIs but this is gorgeous. Never change it

Looks like this mostly:
    http://i.imgur.com/QCZszQv.jpg

tweaked the auras since so i don't have disc/none talented ones showing.

Still need to get everything aligned better, but I think I've settled on this layout. Back to the square buttons since my last post, if I recall correctly. Left is chat. Right is map on click and Skada on ctrl-click.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2014-10-13 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Still need to get everything aligned better, but I think I've settled on this layout. Back to the square buttons since my last post, if I recall correctly. Left is chat. Right is map on click and Skada on ctrl-click.
    I know I've asked you this before but I'm still a bit fuzzy - How do you do the squares? Love the look and functionality but I can't seem to make it work.

kgPanels with OnClick scripts.

My chat button, for example:

OnLoad:

Code:
    self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    OnEvent:

Code:
    self.bg:SetVertexColor(.35, .91, 1, 1)
    OnEnter:

Code:
    self.bg:SetVertexColor(.2, .56, .6, 1)
    OnLeave:

Code:
    OnClick:

Code:
    if pressed then
    if ChatFrame1:IsVisible() then
    ChatFrame1:Hide()
    ChatFrame1Tab:Hide()
    ChatFrame2Tab:Hide()
    else
    ChatFrame1:Show()
    ChatFrame1Tab:Show()
    ChatFrame2Tab:Show()
    end
    end
    and the OnClick for the Map/Skada button:

Code:
    if pressed then
         if IsControlKeyDown() then
              if SkadaBarWindowMeter:IsVisible() then
                  SkadaBarWindowMeter:Hide()
              else
                  SkadaBarWindowMeter:Show()
    end
         else
              if Minimap:IsVisible() then
                   Minimap:Hide()
                   self.text:SetTextColor(0, 0, 0, 1)
              else
                   Minimap:Show()
                   self.text:SetTextColor(.35, .91, 1, 1)
         end
    end
    end
    Last edited by Arborus; 2014-10-13 at 07:50 PM.

My WoD UI Alpha version.

There is still a lot of work to do and missing addons that will go on Tuesday evening. That empty space to the far right will be for the DBM range radar when it pops (but I might move the raid frames over far right and put it between them and my action bars).

Deleted

here is my ui simple and not to many addons.

not sure how to make the img smaller
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-14 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    While I've been playing with everything keybound for multiple years I really don't think it would take more than a month or so to learn it yourself. Try adding a new keybinding every other day and soon enough you'll have it all in your muscle memory!

For fun I decided to make an Alliance-themed UI for my warrior. Thought I'd share it with you guys before I decide to scrap it.

I really really like this idea - I assume the blue and yellow is Health and the Brown is rage?
    I would perhaps use the middle area as a kind of bar - it really loosk awesome.

Correct on all. Brown is actually yellow though, it's clearer if you click the image.

I actually think your signature is really appealing. Are you using it as a unitframe as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Current WiP for 6.0 and WoD

With second chat window showing.

With Skada showing (Damage and Healing).

It's quite far from done, but general layout idea is complete (sorry for ripping off Hydrazine ). Still have actual bars to change when the patch comes Wednesday, and raid frames, bossmods, weakauras etc to fix. Stay tuned, more to come, if you give a shit!

Swoooosh, GIEF beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Correct on all. Brown is actually yellow though, it's clearer if you click the image.

I actually think your signature is really appealing. Are you using it as a unitframe as well?
    Oh yea it is! So the Blue on the left is health, the yellow on the right is rage, but what about that thin yellow line beneath the numbers right above the flags?

And thank you - i created it many years ago just when those class icons came out - I did use it as unit frames backthen - but I just started playing again last week so still running standard UI - I will most likely try something out with the design again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post

This is my UI that I have been working on for some time. I think too many UIs these days are built to look modern and contemporary, which isn't really in keeping with the game or the genre, so my UI is based around a fantasy theme with a few modern twists, and keeping it as close to "fantasy" as possible.

Heavy use of Weak Auras, Shadowed Unit Frames and KGPanels plus some others. Its not completely finished but virtually done and will be the UI I use in WoD. Any questions let me know.
    Snichy can you please tell me how to get my UI to look like yours please?

Deleted

Pretty old and does its job I guess, too lazy to fiddle around with it these days. Haven't really been playing for over a year now; though still lurk around here heh.

Deleted

Sorry if it's too big, don't remember how to resize it (would appreciate if someone could help me out with that).

Just missing Weakauras and DBM or something (recount is hidden during combat). Also making the bottom 12 spells mouseover.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-20 at 02:31 PM.

done in time for the patch, hooray.