Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And the usefulness of that goes down the drain the moment you don't have either HP or Power bar full?

"The Rogue has 156 absolute value power. He is missing X HP and Y energy, when can he use next Sinister Strike?"
    The vertical and horizontal bits are 2 separate bars (functionally), surely?

And the usefulness of that goes down the drain the moment you don't have either HP or Power bar full?

"The Rogue has 156 absolute value power. He is missing X HP and Y energy, when can he use next Sinister Strike?"
    I don't think you understand what absolute power value means. Sinister strike costs 50 energy (for argument's sake); rogue has 156 absolute power value (as in energy). He can use Sinister strike now.

Either that or I haven't understood what you're saying.

@Arborus I like it, looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Sinister strike costs 50 energy (for argument's sake)
    It does cost 50 energy since WoD.

Well nice try with that trick question! Rogues spam Sinister Strike!

I think I would swap the bars and have health on bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I don't think you understand what absolute power value means. Sinister strike costs 50 energy (for argument's sake); rogue has 156 absolute power value (as in energy). He can use Sinister strike now.

Either that or I haven't understood what you're saying.

@Arborus I like it, looks neat.
    Well the fuck is absolute power value then? Mana with last three zeroes trunctated? Some weird way to display resources that cap at 100 to accord for CDs or some thing?

Well the fuck is absolute power value then? Mana with last three zeroes trunctated? Some weird way to display resources that cap at 100 to accord for CDs or some thing?
    Absolute power is the current numerical value of mana/energy/rage/focus. So if you have 160000 current mana, you have 160000 absolute power. If you have 100 energy, you have 100 absolute power. If you have 0 rage you have 0 absolute power. I'm assuming Arborus will cut it down to 3 or less digits. So 100 energy will still be 100, but 160000 mana will just be 160, and 160 mana will be 0.1 (or just 0) mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Absolute power is the current numerical value of mana/energy/rage/focus. So if you have 160000 current mana, you have 160000 absolute power. If you have 100 energy, you have 100 absolute power. If you have 0 rage you have 0 absolute power. I'm assuming Arborus will cut it down to 3 or less digits. So 100 energy will still be 100, but 160000 mana will just be 160, and 160 mana will be 0.1 (or just 0) mana.
    i dont see why you would need a giant number for power amount. seems like it would be better as hp %

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i dont see why you would need a giant number for power amount. seems like it would be better as hp %
    preference.

I dont see why you would have a 8 in your name, seems better with a 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    preference.

kind of a silly comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    Power is often more important than HP. Healers need to keep track of their mana, dps and tanks their resources. Many classes are gated or based around managing their resources.

While health is important to know- and it's there as a bar and again in my raid frames- the exact number isn't needed. If I'm a dps, I'm going to use defensives and healthstones, etc. as I need them but my precise health amount is still irrelevant. If I don't receive sufficient healing, I will die. The same is true as a tank. If my hp dips low, I can use a defensive, active mitigation, etc. to capitalize on what is likely high levels of Resolve, however the exact amount of hp I have is irrelevant.

My two max level toons at the moment are Resto Druid and Brewmaster Monk, so this is why I prefer to display Power rather than HP. If I were playing something like Warlock, I'd change it to display Soul Shards, Demonic Fury or Burning Embers- rather, I'd track whatever is relevant to the class.

Here's my most recent edit to my UI. Tried to cut down screen clutter. I still think I can do more.

I'm with Arborus on this one. It might just be that I get really excited about unique unit frame solutions, but there's really something to that line of thought if you like minimalism. Reduce (or throw out in some cases) what's unnecessary, blow up what's important. For a while on my ret pally, my player frame was nothing more than a 1px tall health frame (I think I may have posted a screenshot of it earlier in the thread). No text, no power display. HoPo, target health, and a couple of CDs were all I needed to see (I set up MSBT to play a sound if I was at low health and was looking elsewhere, but it ended up never being an issue).

I never considered the actual power value as being important for a healer, though, so I'm interested in what you have to say about that, though maybe it's a bit off-topic. I don't think I've ever had a text for power on my resto druid. Only ever used a percentage text on my arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Let's not get defensive over a critique offered to someone else, okay? The original question was genuine and polite. No need for snark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Is that the player frame or target frame in the center?
    It's my player frame. My target frame is hidden as I don't need it most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    I never considered the actual power value as being important for a healer, though, so I'm interested in what you have to say about that, though maybe it's a bit off-topic. I don't think I've ever had a text for power on my resto druid. Only ever used a percentage text on my arcane mage.
    Due to things like Everburning Candle and Mana potions, I like to know mana values over percentage. I know the candle returns ~10k mana and a potion ~34k, so I want to use them when I won't waste the mana gain- and the candle I want to use as often as possible. I have a WeakAura that displays when it's off CD and I'm under a certain mana threshold, but I still like to see have something a bit less mindless, I guess. I also have mana costs for certain spells memorized a bit, so I know when I can cast something like Swiftmend + Wild Growth, whereas it'd take a bit to get used to what % mana corresponds to that.

Deleted
    It also reminds reminds you that you're in DPS spec when you have only have 30k mana :P Mana could go either way with absolute power vs percentage. Agree on the topic though, in the previous screenshot I linked I have absolute power value showing, because knowing what % of health you're at doesn't really tell you anything that a bar doesn't.

Just finished skinning Hermes to fit under my minimap. The box above will show a big timer for time in combat, and maybe some other meta-information (ideas? maybe time to die/raid DPS?).
    puu.sh/ged4M/995e8a175d.jpg

Since mana costs are a percentage rather than a fixed amount, mana amount to me makes more sense as a percentage display rather than a numerical value.
    Non-mana resources I think are better as a numerical value.
    If you are going to make decisions based on the amount remaining anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Illysune View Post
    It also reminds reminds you that you're in DPS spec when you have only have 30k mana :P Mana could go either way with absolute power vs percentage. Agree on the topic though, in the previous screenshot I linked I have absolute power value showing, because knowing what % of health you're at doesn't really tell you anything that a bar doesn't.

Just finished skinning Hermes to fit under my minimap. The box above will show a big timer for time in combat, and maybe some other meta-information (ideas? maybe time to die/raid DPS?).
    puu.sh/ged4M/995e8a175d.jpg
    Oh that looks good! Can we see the whole thing?

Edit: Here's me OOC. Sorry about the white/gold background.

Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-27 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kumashy View Post
    Mine at the moment. Pretty happy with it. Only thing that changes during combat is hiding the left chat panel where boss/tanks/focus frames take its place, and BL Cooldowns show inside a raid team.

I really like this setup. Can you share what you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Bit of a unitframe idea.

Large number is absolute value power.

Horizontal bar is power, vertical is health.

This is an idea folks! everyone gets so caught up in other crap. Gosh damn. Some of you are coming off like real dicks.. if you have a suggestion or question be nice about it.. its a unitframe IDEA.

I think its an unique way to almost put a border around whether is Power or HP number, but then have your border tell you information as well. Personally I think functionally, if it could maybe change colors if you hit 50% 30% etc visually it would serve better as a faster "twitch" indicator(basically "oh crap im low!"). For each person everyone has their own likes/dislikes, for example Birg shaman UI I just couldn't tell what was going on with no number values, but it was just fine for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth92 View Post
    Here's my most recent edit to my UI. Tried to cut down screen clutter. I still think I can do more.
    Does your Skada Pop up above your garrison durability bags etc..? it looks like a TukiUI edit and i see you are casting wrath, but are you healing or dps? sorry i dont play the caster class of druids. i almost feel like there should be a background panel that matches your grid health bar colors behind your gold fps and all that along with the social friends and guild there. I am also wondering how do you track dots, heals or dps?

Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    i give thumbs up