Thread: Post Your UI

Re: [Healers] Post your UI Part 2

why are some of these healer ui's having recount in there? especially since we dont need them its just a waste of screen space, unless your a raid leader but even at that all you'll want to see is raid dps who cares about healing done.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi
    why are some of these healer ui's having recount in there? especially since we dont need them its just a waste of screen space, unless your a raid leader but even at that all you'll want to see is raid dps who cares about healing done.
    As a healer I care about dps.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, I'm one of my guild's 3 raid leaders, and the one who usually does more analyzing than the others. I keep track of DPS, Damage Done, Healing Done, Overhealing Done, and Deaths. This helps me figure out who needs the most help with gearing up, identify which healers are having trouble adjusting to the Spirit regen nerf, and figure out WTF happened when we wipe on bosses like Anub'arak, whom we should be able to beat in our sleep... unless the tank steps in the green ooze, which of course doesn't show on recount. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    As a healer I care about dps.
    as a healer i dont why you would care about dps, unless your in tarybles position. i guess its just preference when it comes down to it, i just dont see the logical reasoning behind it.

It helps you to manage your mana and, as a paladin, my DP uptime :P.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

As someone who hates having unnecessarily information on the screen during combat, it's a waste of space to have recount open while in combat. If you have time to analyze information mid combat, then I'd say you are quite the multi-tasker.

Out of combat, however, I will use a /recount show macro to examine things like who is taking unnecessary damage (this is very important for a healer), who is dying to what, and even how much dps people are doing. After a night of raiding, though, I primarily use WWS to analyze examine my own data as well as other players in the raid. Identifying weaknesses in order to overcome encounters is part of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno
    It helps you to manage your mana and, as a paladin, my DP uptime :P.
    how does seeing "Healing Done" meters even help you manage your mana? if u need help from a mod to manage your mana then imo you have problems.

Im not talking about healing done, im talking about dps... 'cos +dps = faster fight and -dps = longer fight amirite?

Re: Post Your UI

My Pride and joy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

In other words, he's saying that he watches DPS, 'cuz if there's a lot of DPS, then he doesn't have to worry about his mana, because the fight will be short.

I think that's a really naive way of looking at things, personally. Why? Because as a friend of mine says, "Healing is 80% boring and 20% OMFG FASTER FASTER WTF IS HE DOING IN THE FIRE DAMNIT TO HELL CRIT CRIT PLEASE CRIT WTF TANK DAMN SQUISHIES OMG. Well, fuck."

You don't need mana during the boring parts... but when it all drops in the pot and everything goes wrong, you need to know both how to heal effectively, and how to conserve mana while doing it. You also need to know when to say "screw mana, BIG HEALS ON EVERYBODY!"

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The normal and "party" views of my UI are a couple of pages back - I forgot to snag a raid ss back then.

Here's my UI in 10-man raid.

Welcome to Ulduar .

[img width=400]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/ph0en1x/WoWScrnShot_052309_213025.jpg[/img]

looking a little screwy in this pic, but its the most recent raid screenshot i had. the targets health isnt supposed to show up all huge over the target panel

It's boring, but it gets the job done. But I really need to spiff it up with something more than grid. I'll try and create a raid one later.
    This user has been banned.

Largely based on NahUI (http://nahui.org)

My new UI.

Normally I change my UI every week or so, but this one I've been using for over 3 weeks which is a record for me I believe.

Solo:
    http://hdimage.org/images/rgslpk1hu5s5o9gc85s_olo.jpg

Raid:
    http://hdimage.org/images/5wk96eekjzksseanynen_aid.jpg
    Thrall: "Morning, Garrosh. Want pancakes for breakfast?"

Garrosh: "A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE! LOK'TAR O'GAR!"

All of my screenshots are raid shots at the moment, but it looks exactly the same when idle.

Casting - Action bar is hidden beneath the casting bar and appears when moused over

Another Raid Shot

Bags

For those of you who like the UI, I used LotekUI (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-LotekUI.html) and tweaked it just a bit to my liking. I added other things like Recount and Omen later on; I just installed this UI last night and I love it so far.

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk
    [img width=400]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/ph0en1x/WoWScrnShot_052309_213025.jpg[/img]

looking a little screwy in this pic, but its the most recent raid screenshot i had. the targets health isnt supposed to show up all huge over the target panel
    I lol'd at the potential Val'anyr drama simmering in this pic.

edit (for relevance): at least the drama looked good in that fancy IM box ;D
    <a href="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Canonized">Canonized <Rakicide> - Turalyon US</a>
    Raid Vids

Recount helps healers to check which noob is not doing dispell/decurse/cure before it is too late.

Are you asking why they have it shown during a fight or why we bother with the addon at all? Even if you're not a raid leader I would think a healer should be interested in the data you can snag from recount...
    Quelana - Blood Furnace