Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Sunwell harder than Naxx?

Quote Originally Posted by DaShaman
    I can confirm this.
    Once you get the hang of them with some good coordination, they're doable...But I don't think Ive ever felt so accomplished in an old instance than I did in AQ40.
    Twin Emps wasn't nearly as hard as C'Thun or most of Naxx.

All it took was two Shadow Resist stacked locks and a LOT of wipes to get the strat down. Once we had it mastered, I can't recall wiping on them again. It was probably my favourite fight to heal in classic:

...and SWITCH!

...and SWITCH!

...and SWITCH!

CASTERS GET OUT OF THE BLIZZARD!!1

...and SWITCH!
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

I drank so many frost resist pot and fire resist pot on that fight

How can you even ask such a thing ?

Sunwell was THE peak of level 70 raiding (pre-nerf) and current Naxx is pre-entry level for level 80s ofc Sunwell is a piece of piss now for people with full 25man T7 (even for those who never made it to the end at Sunwell back then), we did a casual funrun with our guild with a lot of poorly geared alts etc to Sunwell the other day and took Kil'jaeden down way before anyone even remembered that a dragon needs to be picked up for the bubble.

Back then at level 70, doing 2,5k+ dps on Brutallus meant you were doing well above the average, now every scrub can do 4-6k dps on him as level 80 and have a hp pool so big that they dont even need to worry about the burn.

I think its safe to say that even most of the trash packs before Kalecgos needed more coordination than some of the bosses in Naxx.

Yup.

Even some of the trash in AQ40 was tougher than most 25Naxx bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevian
    How can you even ask such a thing ?
    He is asking if doing SWP now, at 80, is harder than doing Naxx now, at 80.

Sunwell Plateau was epic *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Sunwell was a joke after the patch. Now it is even more of a joke.

TBH, I think Twin Emps from AQ40 is harder than most fights in Naxx...even at level 80!
    Well, Twin Emps is a pure coordination fight where one screw up from anyone in the raid can cost you the attempt. All you need is your tanks and their healers and you can take them down, and in fact it's probably easier with six to four people than forty. I say six to four because since paladins were allowed to do more than just heal in BC it is more than possible to have two paladins just be the tanks, instead of having to do two melee tanks and two warlock/caster tanks.

Haven't tried since 80, might be possible for just two prot paladins to take down the Twin Emps now, depends on if they can keep themselves alive long enough.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Turboneko
    Yeah its just unfortunate all the crybaby casuals are preventing anything like it from ever being created again.
    amen to that

15+ Year Old Account

Oldschool naxx > anything how ever...

Fuck it sucked to farm thoose pots, go for world buffs etc to weekly get down kel'thuzad but BOY did you get a sence of acomplishment when it was down.
    Wow have sold out.. They sat the standard, now they lowerd it so if you try a new online game you'll get disapointed...
    Hope Aion rocks how ever in a few months.
    Class: Priest > Rogue > Warrior > Mage
    Server: Ravencrest > Tarren Mill > Outland
    Guilds: Borked > Fate has Fans > Loot FTW > GAMESENSE
    Gladiator S1, S2, S3, Brutal Gladiator(S4) S5.
    Currently making a come back @ Outland
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Drush/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    Well, first of all, you still have no idea how hard they were pre-nurf.
    Brutallus could do 40k+ swings on the tank, and this was before the flame debuffs.

Ok now, it either seems you have been smoking something tasty, or literally pulling numbers out of your arse.

Either way, Gratz.

Quote Originally Posted by cripple1313
    comparing naxx to sunwell is like comparing kara to sunwell

naxx and kara are both beginner dungeons

sunwell = icecrown citadel
    Actually Sunwell would = "whatever is after Icecrown Citadel" if there is such a thing.

Anyways, so many people are missing the point of the thread. He's saying a level 70 instance is still harder than a level 80 instance.

Also, off the topic of the thread but onto Sunwell, Pre-Nerf M'uru was hands down the most difficult boss I've ever encountered (and killed). After the nerf he was stupidly easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drush
    Oldschool naxx > anything how ever...

Fuck it sucked to farm thoose pots, go for world buffs etc to weekly get down
    While it sucked having to farm, the difficulty of the fights in vanilla was often defined by bugs (C'thun), or by crazy requirement (8 tanks with Tier 3 for Four Horsemen, Frost Mages for Viscidus).

M'uru was a bit unfair, but Kil'jaeden was in my opinion, the hardest boss ever made, and tuned to perfection from the first moment you fight him.

So in my opinion, Sunwell Plateau still beat Naxxramas in average difficulty.

Idk, did a run the other week for the achievement. Granted a few of the players had completed SWP @ 70 but we still one-shot zerged every boss in the instance. KJ turned out to be the easiest cause he spent the whole time talking and not using any of the big attacks, was just like a scripted tank n spank.
    Only one that needed an 'intro' for the noobs was twins.

After Patch 3.0 Kil'jaeden was a absolute joke, we would spend 1½ hour clearing Sunwell as level 70.

They should never have done patch 3.0, since people attempting any TBC instance now won't get ANY impression of the related difficulty at all.

15+ Year Old Account

3.0 killed it, definitely. It was very, very, very tough shit before that. After, everyone in our guild was like "..this sucks. Wtf happened."

Well, all raids gets easier after a while. The people who are hardcore enough to beat them will do it before the nerfs anyways. Besides, after clearing it for a while, hardcore raiders want to do something else than spending many hours clearing a retardedly hard instance, no? That's a good reason why raid instances gets nerfed, I suppose.

But they should make an option for raid instances to scale with level (60, 70 or 80). That would be cool. I never got to try the whole of AQ40 or old Naxxramas, and I never set foot in Sunwell, so fighting them hard-mode would be pretty cool.

Naxx25 is kindergarden lvl, u can go to school, ask 25x6 years old childs to come, and boom! kelthuzad down, now ofc sunwell is easy since u are 80.... that means all bosses which were hitting tank for 1/3 hp now are doing it for 1/10, fights are getting outdsped etc. But compering to lvl 70 sunwell naxx25 is a joke, i belive sunwell trashes were harder in some way they naxx bosses...

Sure, I remember vanilla WoW Naxxramas. First time there, the trash to Anub was harder than 3 wings in 25man naxx, but as people have said COUNTLESS times, ENTRY RAID LEVEL. People need to swallow their nostalgia, and wait for new content, instead of hanging on mmochamp, thinking they are hot shit, and a part of those who cleared BT before the attunements were lifted. Someone mentioned in another thread a while ago, that TBC casuals are now identifying themselves with hardcore raiders these days, since they are farming the same content. Stop it.

15+ Year Old Account

Doing TK/SSC at level 80 would probably be harder than doing naxx 25 at 80.. Naxx 25 can't really be compared with anything at all as it's soooo easy.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    While it sucked having to farm, the difficulty of the fights in vanilla was often defined by bugs (C'thun), or by crazy requirement (8 tanks with Tier 3 for Four Horsemen, Frost Mages for Viscidus).

M'uru was a bit unfair, but Kil'jaeden was in my opinion, the hardest boss ever made, and tuned to perfection from the first moment you fight him.

So in my opinion, Sunwell Plateau still beat Naxxramas in average difficulty.
    You could get around the frsot requirement on Vicidius by having all the melee apply Frost Oil to their weapons.